Kanger EVOD BCCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
How long has a EVOD BCC lasted for you? I had 4, 2 name brands and 2 knockoffs. There all about 2 years old plus..I bought the 2 Kanger name brands first then for couple dollars cheaper I got a couple knockoffs. The knockoffs always leaked a little around the base, but noticed I had one leaking worst but coming from the sight window slit in side where you can see your liquid. Then I filled cause wasn't leaking bad..just slow seep and noticed later all the juice had leaked out, I did leave it sit on the mouth piece (upside down) So I quit using it. Rinsed it all out that's when I saw whole air way port was broke off and rattling loose on inside. Well I looked at other Kanger name brand one and it has a crack up by mouth piece too that I can see I assume from dropping them. Well its leaking from the look thru windows also, just a seep, a slow leak..same with other one that's a knockoff but can't see any visible cracks on it. But it always seeped little at base and noticed the knockoff ones were missing a oring on base that the Kanger name brands have Huh?? Figured out why cheap ones always leaked though! I assume it's got a crack too for it to leak from the little windows used to see how much juice you have?? If it was base I'd know it was oring.. But I guess with as many drops and the age I got my $ out if them. How long they usually last you EVOD BCC users?? I liked them and got one that still ain't leaking at all. It's namebrand not a knockoff also :)
I got couple of the Kanger Pro Tank 2 Mini's I really like them..I been carefull not to drop but saw can buy new glass, orings everything you need separate. Now it came with two extra orings I'm not sure what there for? There smaller diameter then glass ones so figure for base?? I used one on base of EVOD and it worked! But saw they sold them at a website but said for Pro Tank 1,2, and Mini?? I'm new to these just used EVOD BCCS for long time. But 7.99 only 3$ more so I might get few more..instead of more EVOD BCCS but I really liked them..but I've used one PT2 Mini for a week and really seem to like it. Will the PT2 Minis last linger? Or is there another clearomizer, smaller size I should check out?? Thanks for input and sorry so long :) Happy vaping!

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I like the Evod BCCs. Mine last a few weeks. I only use genuine Kanger coils and evod hardware.

PT2s use kanger coils so not sure if they would last longer or not, I hate the PT2, too airy for me.

1.8ohm coils will not last as long as 2.2ohm or 2.5ohm, but may be cooler vape. In any box of new coils that are pre-built, you can always get a few duds that don't last. Nature of the beast.

Evods are nice except hard to see thru that window slot. PT2 is easier to see thru

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
You must mean only few weeks on coil of the EVOD BCC. I meant how long before plastic cracked..mines over 2 years..I dry burn coils every couple weeks, replace every 3 months at most. I like that EVOF uses same coil as the PT2 and PT2 Mini. I didn't like the orginal PT2 I agree more airy but Mini that's more same size as the EVOD hits alot better. Maybe size makes less airy the air holes are different on base where it's Ego threaded instead of 510?? I still like the EVOD BCCS so sucks mine are cracked and slowly leaking but for 2 years use :) I never used any juice that was bad for plastic either..but dropped them many times, and cracked on mouthpiece. Ones done!! The other leaks slowly then another one has leak by windows too, but don't see a crack?? The 4th I've got is perfect still! But give the Mini Pro Tank 2 or 3 that's dual coil a try I never used 3 but I liked the mini 2 better over bigger PT2..I actually like them maybe better then EVOD but I have always used EVOD and a Mini Viva Nova then some small. 9ml Kanger T4s and G5s you can select ohms. Never liked Viva Nova or top coils the small Kanger good for juice trying but there about hit too, little older lol

With ohms thanks for explaining that so both 2.2 and 2.5 be ok I'll see what I like better may E different for each flavor till I get adjustable batt. But was told 1.8 too low resistance for my Ego and EVOD Battery

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
out of the 12+ evods ive had in my possession at one point(all pifed), ive yet to have a "dud" one that leaked not due to user error - only one i cracked the tank because i threw it at a cement wall, the crack wasnt visible(it was under the metal casing area) from the outside, if you took a flashlight to it and looked at the inside of the tank - how you would when refilling it - youd see the 2"~ crack in the plastic.

that being said - ive had them for atleast a year or longer.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've used only the knockoff versions of the EVODs. My oldest (10 mos.) is still going but some of the others cracked. I wouldn't try strong menthol or acidic flavors any more. Also the ones with a metal tube leading to the mouthpiece are better. They have a few different leakage modes. Sometimes only when filling, like a gap between the plastic and outer shell that is sealed by the base, into the gap and slowly oozing out the slots. Or the middle tube is OK under pressure. I like the kind Goodejuice sells if they haven't changed them, and almost disposable except new coils can be better. The $1.25 one and the $10 locally purchased one didn't hold up.

I run low power, e.g. 3.7 volts with the 2.2 ohm coils rewicked with cotton. 1.8 is too hot unless increased airflow or even lower voltage.

Previously, I reported the higher ohm Kanger coils have more wraps. Actually the 2.5 ohm is the same wraps as the 2.2 with thinner wire and was speculating based on the 1.8 and 2.2... So the 2.2 can handle the most, of the 1.8-2.5 BCCs. I haven't looked at a 1.5 ohm yet but MFS recommends the others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread