Kanger iKEN TC Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Sparks

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

So I just got this Kanger iKEN TC Starter Kit 230W with the included atomiser, which I kind of regret now, I like the option of choosing my own.

I have no ideas how to tell what atomizers are compatible with this mod, how do I know? Is there some specs that indicate what atomizors fit it? Or can someone point me in the right direction to find compatible? When I say atomizor I'm talking about the tank on top the mod that holds the e juice (I'm pretty sure that's the right term).

I'm also interested in tanks with a thin drip tip, is that possible with a mod? Something with a tight draw, not a big open tube where loads of vapor comes out.

Thank you vape folks.

All the best,
Theo.

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi,

So I just got this Kanger iKEN TC Starter Kit 230W with the included atomiser, which I kind of regret now, I like the option of choosing my own.

I have no ideas how to tell what atomizers are compatible with this mod, how do I know? Is there some specs that indicate what atomizors fit it? Or can someone point me in the right direction to find compatible? When I say atomizor I'm talking about the tank on top the mod that holds the e juice (I'm pretty sure that's the right term).

I'm also interested in tanks with a thin drip tip, is that possible with a mod? Something with a tight draw, not a big open tube where loads of vapor comes out.

Thank you vape folks.

All the best,
Theo.
If the mod uses a standard 510 connection (which almost every mod does) it should pretty much work with any RTA, RDA, and clearomizer available on the market.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Almost all mods and tanks these days use the 510 connection, so yes you should be able to get a different tank or RTA that better suits your vaping needs.

If you are looking for something with a longer, thinner drip tip (those can be replaced as well, but that setup may still not be quite what you are looking for) I am assuming you are looking for something with higher resistance, there are some good MTL RTAs out there at the moment that are not supremely expensive, including the Siren V2 (can get in 22 or 24 mm depending on tank size you want, I happen to love them although some complain as to the flavor compared to the V1, although a lot of leaking and other issues have been solved by V2, uses a "screw trap" to trap the coil rather than screwing it down onto the deck, very easy to set up IMO) and the Vandy vape berserker (very tight draw, one of the tightest drawing RTAs but well-loved for flavor). It's not as adjustable as the Siren. I don't have the Innokin Ares tank, but that is getting good reviews as well.

If you'd prefer a drop in coil tank, there are also some nice ones on the market, the Innokin Zenith is getting good early reviews (I want one) and there is always the Nautilus 2 (a bit smaller capacity than 2 ml if you use the fill line) the Ijoy Elf is kind of like a better version of the N2, uses N2 coils but solves some of the problems of the N2 and actually is 2 ml capacity, any of the Ijoy ego or ego mega tanks (get the 1.0 CLR coils that fit in that tank, they are one of my favorite coils...ever... just trust me on this one, and they are an easy rebuild too). The Kabuki tank is expensive, very expensive, but it also uses Nautlus coils and the flavor is much better. You can get a clone from fasttech pretty inexpensively, they aren't as good as the originals although I usually suggest getting a clone first as the tank has its quirks and it's nice to find out if you like it or not without dropping $100 plus.... I do like it enough for that.

There are lots of others (clone and non clone) and I'm sure others will be along to help but that should give you a start. Good luck with whatever you decide... :)

Anna

Reactions: scooterstew71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread