Kanger Protank 2 Glass Thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDG

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Hi!

I am planning on buying another tank and Protank 2 has caught my attention.

The only reason I'm holding back is the capacity. 2.5ml?! My T3S can be filled up to 3ml!

I am thinking that maybe if Kanger made the glass a little thinner, more juice can be used. But maybe it's the Research and Development that stopped it? I don't know!?

Calling third party manufacturers! Or any thoughts from you Protank 2 owners would be greatly appreciated...

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I love my Protank II, probably the best topper I've owned since I started vaping. The volume of the tank doesn't bother me it's still bigger than an evod or Protank mini. The build quality is there I've knocked it over a few times no problem (knocks on wood). I don't have an issues with it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
The only way to make the Protank I/II hold more juice would be to make it larger. If you thin Pyrex too much, it becomes just as brittle as everyday glass which would defeat the purpose :). If you look at what Pyrex is traditionally used for today (baking/cooking), the width being used for the Protank is already cut down by margins (substantially).

Cookware is about 1/4" thick, if not more. Given, it has to handle quick a bit more heat, the Protank has to handle smaller levels of on and off heat, pressure build-up in the tank and provide some level of protection against the juices that normally crack everything else.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
You really don't want thinner glass. Although pyrex is relatively durable, going thinner would make them too fragile.

This. Thin borosilicate tubing is fragile and brittle, any thin glass tube is for that matter. And on the flip side, getting heavier tubes would reduce the capacity even further.
I don't have a Protank2 so I don't know the thickness but just for reference, readily available borosilicate tube comes in medium wall, 1.5mm, heavy wall, 2.5mm and extra heavy wall at 4.0mm.

I got a G50 in the mail today and the capacity is about 5+ml. It's aluminum wrapped glass and uses the same heads.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I got one of these.
I'm still mostly using ProTanks, but if I DO think I'll be in the mood for one flavor all day, it's nice to have...
FIVE ml
ProTank coils
Pyrex

Hi!

I am planning on buying another tank and Protank 2 has caught my attention.

The only reason I'm holding back is the capacity. 2.5ml?! My T3S can be filled up to 3ml!

I am thinking that maybe if Kanger made the glass a little thinner, more juice can be used. But maybe it's the Research and Development that stopped it? I don't know!?

Calling third party manufacturers! Or any thoughts from you Protank 2 owners would be greatly appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread