Kanger T2 CC help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone. So I got a Kanger T2 CC as a free gift on an order I made over labour day. The thing is DOA, but since it was a free gift I'm not going to bother asking the vendor to replace it since I got a great deal on the other stuff I got from him anyway.

So I decided today to take it apart and try to figure out what's going on with it. One thing I noticed right away is that it's *really* tight when I screw it on the threads of my battery. I can't actually get it to screw all the way down so that it's flush like my stardust is when I put it on. Of course, right away I assume that it's not making contact with the battery so it's not going to work. I tried unscrewing it/screwing it back on a few times to try to loosen the threads up a bit, and it does screw on further now than it did at first. The thing is, I don't want to really twist it hard in case I damage my battery.

Now, since I don't care if I break this T2 or not at this point (I can always save the wick/atty assembly and tip from it and just buy another tank for it in the future since you can but all the parts separately) so does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to do to loosen up those threads a little more? For that matter, the MAY be making contact with the battery but the atty is screwed, so it's hard to isolate this issue.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Stumped if the battery post has not been pushed down. I have heard some others talk about raising the post some. Never have though and don't know how. Only other thing I can think of is to take off the mouthpiece and make sure the wick is screwed all the way down. Might try unscrewing it and screwing it back in place.
Anyone else got any ideas??

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
Stumped if the battery post has not been pushed down. I have heard some others talk about raising the post some. Never have though and don't know how. Only other thing I can think of is to take off the mouthpiece and make sure the wick is screwed all the way down. Might try unscrewing it and screwing it back in place.

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about pulling the post down as I'd heard about that before myself, but it doesn't look like it moves on this particular setup. As for the atty not being screwed in, I checked that and it's on tight. I even took it off to look at it and put it back on, so I know it *looks* ok.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hey everyone. So I got a Kanger T2 CC as a free gift on an order I made over labour day. The thing is DOA, but since it was a free gift I'm not going to bother asking the vendor to replace it since I got a great deal on the other stuff I got from him anyway.

So I decided today to take it apart and try to figure out what's going on with it. One thing I noticed right away is that it's *really* tight when I screw it on the threads of my battery. I can't actually get it to screw all the way down so that it's flush like my stardust is when I put it on. Of course, right away I assume that it's not making contact with the battery so it's not going to work. I tried unscrewing it/screwing it back on a few times to try to loosen the threads up a bit, and it does screw on further now than it did at first. The thing is, I don't want to really twist it hard in case I damage my battery.

Now, since I don't care if I break this T2 or not at this point (I can always save the wick/atty assembly and tip from it and just buy another tank for it in the future since you can but all the parts separately) so does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to do to loosen up those threads a little more? For that matter, the MAY be making contact with the battery but the atty is screwed, so it's hard to isolate this issue.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Rob79, it's not worth messing up your battery over this. If the threads are damaged on the t2, unless you have a tap to match the threads , theres not much you can do.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield

Remember you want to pull the positive post on your mod up. On the clearomizer you may need to pull.that one down.

You weren't able to get it.to fire at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread