Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I want to build my own kit using the eGo Twist. So I was going to use the Kanger tank. I see the difference is one is a top coil (T2) and the other is bottom coil (T3). Is one better than the other, or is it personal preference?

BTW, I am still using blu cigs and I am looking to expand my vaping experience.

The T3 was developed after some problems with the T2. Mainly the mouthpiece of the T2 (which you remove to fill) was losing it's hold/glue on the metal threading. They've since improved this somewhat. Also because of the top coil and wicking some were getting dry hits. See:

A PBusardo Rant & Review - Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (long wick) - SnG Vapor - YouTube

And the 'inside' silicone seal on the T2 can get out of place easily and it can be difficult to relocate. The T3 is a bottom fill and a bottom coil and wick. The mouthpiece is fixed so that won't come off. The bottom coil and wicking eliminates dry hits. And the silicone seals - there are three on the coil unit are visible and easy to check.

Some US vendors started selling the T3's in the highest ohm coils 2.5Ω and, imo, as a result, there were complaints of a 'cooler vape' than the 1.8Ω coils that the T2 usually came with. Plus, with the coil being at the top and out of the ejuice mostly, the T2 can produce a warmer vape. But put a 1.8Ω coil in the T3, which I use for most of my flavors, and it's warm enough. I don't use the 2.5Ω coil at all - it is 'too cool' :) but for my lighter flavors the 2.2Ω is perfect.

I think the system seal (hydrolics/pneumatics) on the T3 is better because when you unscrew the bottom to refill (you have to turn it upside down) the ejuice in the coil area escapes (is released from the pressure) through the mouthpiece - this is the only 'leaking' I have gotten - although there have been leaks reported elsewhere - but nothing like some other attys/clearos/cartos. For one thing, if you don't fully screw the body onto the knurled part, you'll get leaks. Screwing the knurled part onto the battery isn't as crucial and I've sometimes left it jut short of finger tight - but not the tank body. You have to make sure the thread seal stays above the threading and the other seals are in place but it's just 'eyeing' them mostly. No ejuice in the mouth with the T3 and I think the poly tank has been improved. I had a few T2's crack. But that was before the T3's so it is likely they are now carrying the same tank.

If it weren't for the T3's, I'd still be vaping the T2's but I'd be more careful when opening them and keeping the seals in the proper place.

One other thing - there are three air holes in the knurled part of the T3, and only 2 holes in the T2, so some think that the draw on the T3 is too easy. Most that like the other aspects of the T3, will break off a toothpick in one of the holes. Me - I like the easy draw, lots of vapor and the better flavor of the bottom coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread