Kanger XLPCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplec76

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
I like it a lot too. I bought one from Nhaler, but the mini-usb port stopped working. I went out and bought an apple charger so I didn't have to bother with sending it back. Plus I didn't know if Drew would honor the warranty since I took the cover off to see if it was something easy to fix. I tried to contact him through PM here and posted a thread in his subforum, but he never responded to the inquiries.

Since the apple charging port worked I decided to just keep it, but I don't know that I'll order from Nhaler again if he isn't going to respond to his customers. Not to mention the kit price was almost $10 higher than just ordering everything separately. I'd like to get a PCC that I've seen through a Google Image search that has the smoke or dark hard case.

michaelcly

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Atlantic Beach, FL
I ended up ordering 25 MF style cartos from Elite Vaporworks. They are based out of St. Louis, I think. I try to stay with midwest companies if possible. They have both PCCs, but only have 65mm batteries. Shipping was reasonable, and cost was on par.

I'm getting a little off topic BUT Elitevaporworks now has the 65 and 78mm mf style regulated batteries with rubberized finish. Their site is being revamped... they got a lot of new stuff. I like this store a lot. Shipping is free, batteries are $14. I use their cartos as well. Their pcc charges the longer batteries too.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
Once they are charged up, how long will they stay charged up if they are just sitting there waiting, not being asked to charge anything?

What I mean is,suppose I got one to put in the Emergency Zombie Attack Supply Pack, how often would I need to pull it out of the pack and charge it to make sure it would be ready to charge wireless batteries on Day 2 of the attack?

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Once they are charged up, how long will they stay charged up if they are just sitting there waiting, not being asked to charge anything?

What I mean is,suppose I got one to put in the Emergency Zombie Attack Supply Pack, how often would I need to pull it out of the pack and charge it to make sure it would be ready to charge wireless batteries on Day 2 of the attack?

:lol: Best rephrased question ever!!!!!!!

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I have the Kanger Mega PCC XL and as far as I can tell it requires charging frequently. I received it on Saturday and charged it fully. Did not use it at all. Out of curiosity I looked at it this morning (Tuesday) and it needed a full charge. So my thought is that it is discharging even when not in use. Agree/Disagree?

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
An addemdum to my other post: I contacted the vendor about the PCC losing its charge so quickly. He said to send it back because the one he uses did not lose any charge if not being used. Being the stand-up guy he is he took it apart to see if there was a short somewhere and found that his vendor had sent him 1300 instead of 1500 batteries in the PCC. He took a 1500 home with him and charged it up, let it sit for a few days and it lasted as it was supposed to. His vendor had sold him the PCCs under the guise of 1500 internal batteries. Then he sent it out to me. Moral of this story is remove the 4 small screws from the back of the unit and check the strength of the internal battery. If it's a 1300 send it back because you paid for a 1500 interal battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread