Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Been vaping for 6 years and finally entered the sub ohm world with a beautiful (at first) black Kanger Nano. I'm already sick is filling the little tank 10 times a day, and I'd like to try the Mini for the bigger tank and RBA.

Problem is this. The black finish on the Kanger started chipping within a week. Within a month the damn thing had very little black finish on it. I bought a wrap at a vendor and I'm still using it. But no matter what it don't look as good as a new mod. OK, so, is this an anomaly? Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I got a bad product. IDK. I'm asking :)

Because seriously, you would not believe how fast all the color came off this thing. And I never dropped it or handled it rough in anyway, in fact it was only a week old when it started to peel off. Any advice would help me choose my next sub ohm mod. I love the Kanger's functionality and ease of use. It works flawlessly.

Lambreau21

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 31, 2016
lambreaublog.wordpress.com
Unfortunately it is a problem many people have complained of with Kanger products. Not sure why they have not fixed this with a higher quality finish. I have the white subox mini and havent had any issues of yet with chipping but have read many complaints of the black not fairing well. Guess you have to wrap it up just to be safe ;)

Road King

ECF Veteran
I've had the Black Nano since December & I know exactly what you're taalking about. I believe the mod to be powdercoated (or something more durable than paint), as I only have a couple of chips on the body. The battery door must just be painted or something because it's way worse. Within a week or two of getting it new, I upgraded to the Crown tank in Rose Gold (and their coils), as I didn't like the way my juices tasted in the little clearomizer that came with it (and Kanger's coils). That's the only complaint I have is the finish because this little thing works great & is pocket friendly.

Here's mine-
20160301_165207.jpg
20160301_165216.jpg

Last edited:

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I've had the Black Nano since December & I know exactly what you're taalking about. I believe the mod to be powdercoated (or something more durable than paint), as I only have a couple of chips on the body. The battery door must just be painted or something because it's way worse. Within a week or two of getting it new, I upgraded to the Crown tank in Rose Gold (and their coils), as I didn't like the way my juices tasted in the little clearomizer that came with it (and Kanger's coils). That's the only complaint I have is the finish because this little thing works great & is pocket friendly.

Here's mine-
View attachment 535927 View attachment 535929

Wow, mine looked even worse. I did buy a mini after all and had it wrapped in a nice ''real wood'' from J-Warps, right out of the box. I use it a lot, but also bought a Wismac Reuleaux 200rx and a VCT Pro tank, and a TFV4 tank. (But it's always something. Now they say the TFV4 is not good on this mod. WTH? I still use it. Put an o-ring on the connection and a washer around the top of the mod so it doesn't screw in too deep). Now it's time to think about an RDA.

Reactions: Road King
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread