Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi,

Got a Kangertech Mini RBA last week and would like to try some pre-made coils but I am clueless.

Can someone please suggest which one to buy from the ebay Ready Pre Made Coils VAPE RDA RTA RBA Wire Notch coils Alien coils Clapton Coil | eBay

Ideally would like to try the mixed ones (e.g. 8-in-1) to see which coil I like and then may be start making my own coils. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi atalla78. Welcome to the ECF.

If you have a Kanger SubTank/TopTank Mini RBA section, then what you will find is some Multi-Wire Exotic Coils can be a Tight Fit. Or might not Fit at all.

Getting one of those 8 in 1 type Sampler Packs isn't a bad call though. Because something like this Doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And then you would know what Fits and what Doesn't.

48pcs 8in1 Demon Killer RDA Wire Prebuilt Spirals Fused With 6 Kinds Of Coils US | eBay

Note: The Above Coils say they are Kanthal A1. And I'm not sure if that is the Type of Wire you like? Or if the Seller is a Good or Not. I have Never used them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wov, so many replies in a short time, thanks very much guys. I get what you all mean, opposite legs on the Mini, so I need to unwrap a leg. Point about the thickness may not fit also noted.

Think I will start my making the coils as suggested with 26 awg.

Thanks again folks.

Sometimes Wrapping that Extra 1/2 Wrap is easier then Unwrapping a 1/2 Wrap on a Pre-Coiled Coil. But I guess it is kinda one of those 6 or 1/2 Dozen things.

For 6 Bucks for those Pre-Coiled Coils, I would Do Both pre-made and wrap your Own.

Just like I would get a Small Spoil of 26ga 316/316L Stainless Steel as well as a Small Spool of 26ga Kanthal A1 and or NiChrome 80.

All this Stuff is So Inexpensive as compared to what a Pack of Smokes cost.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi,

Got a Kangertech Mini RBA last week and would like to try some pre-made coils but I am clueless.

Can someone please suggest which one to buy from the ebay Ready Pre Made Coils VAPE RDA RTA RBA Wire Notch coils Alien coils Clapton Coil | eBay

Ideally would like to try the mixed ones (e.g. 8-in-1) to see which coil I like and then may be start making my own coils. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Here are the premade coils you are looking for. They are the same coils that comes with the kit.

Kanger Subtank RBA DIY OCC Coils 20PCS - $6.50 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Don't forget to use coupon code for 30% off. code = turkey
Makes it 4.55 for 20 coils

Get your order over $14.00 for free shipping. They have lots of stuff
:)

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Here are the premade coils you are looking for. They are the same coils that comes with the kit.

Kanger Subtank RBA DIY OCC Coils 20PCS - $6.50 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Don't forget to use coupon code for 30% off. code = turkey
Makes it 4.55 for 20 coils

Get your order over $14.00 for free shipping. They have lots of stuff
And they’re a reliable vendor. I started with a lemo (similar tiny deck) and was very frustrated. I wish I had started with a single coil with a larger deck. It’s like doing microsurgery

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
And they’re a reliable vendor. I started with a lemo (similar tiny deck) and was very frustrated. I wish I had started with a single coil with a larger deck. It’s like doing microsurgery
The Kanger RBA's are easy to coil and make for a good introduction into the world of DIY. And getting the original coils makes recoiling a breeze. First RBA I ever had. Still love them.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The Kanger RBA's are easy to coil and make for a good introduction into the world of DIY. And getting the original coils makes recoiling a breeze. First RBA I ever had. Still love them.

That’s good to know. May have to pick one up, as I still have the tank, somewhere. I would just hate for someone to be as frustrated as I was with my first. Maybe it’s just my impatience, but early success gave me the confidence to try other builds and tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread