Kangertech Subox Mini Battery Continues Charging [Issue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrizKross

Jun 29, 2018
So I've had this Kangertech for a while now and I've ran into a issue about 4 days ago when the batteries died as usually when the batteries die I plug it in and let it charge the difference was its been charging and has barely moved a inch on the bar I have 2 different batteries I've used and both are barely charging in the mod itself I've looked up online and seen alot of posts about the batteries not working at all or showing flashing battery symbol but the issue seems that it looks completely fine its just barely charging the battery its self it took me around 3 - 4 hours to get 1 bar out of 4 then I continued to wait and it continues to still charge if anyone has run into this issue before and know possibly what it could be I'd appreciate your feedback considering I'm concerned I may need to buy another mod or spend a bunch on a charger box.

Note: I left it on its charger last night when I went to bed woke up this morning and it still is stating its "Charging" but has not charged 1 bit.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The chargers that are in the mods are held together with micro dots of solder. It doesn't take much to loosen or break the USB charging. Spend on a good external charger and only use the USB if you absolutely have to.
Go onto youtube to get the mod apart then better determination of the charging issue from a broken USB connection. Shine up the mod connections with 320+ sandpaper to ensure its not a chunk of cootie is the cause.

edit...should add that some mods don't have auto shutoff so over charging the batt shortens the lifespan just like over discharging the battery.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Micro USB ports & cables are easily damaged & notoriously finicky. Either or both could be the problem or the onboard charging circuitry may have taken a dump.
Could be your batteries are at the end of their useful life. May be time for new cells.
What exact cells are you using?

Decent chargers are cheap / reasonably priced. Always best to use a good external charger.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Using imrbatteries.com, rtdvapor.com, liionwholesale.com or illumn.com, invest in a set of two high quality cells from Samsung, LG or Sony. Using the same site, invest in a quality external charger like the Efest LUC 2.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You know anything can wear out. If the batteries can't charge in a charger then it sounds like they have run out of steam. Are those the only 2 batteries? Is that the only mod you have?

Always have backups in case something like this happens. In the meantime pick up a cheap pen mod at walmart or the gas station so you won't give in to buying a pack of smokes to tide you over until you get new gear.

• Agree
Reactions: chellie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread