Jan 24, 2014
Chicago
Last edited:

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
mr. metric has a2 ss screws for i think .06 cents each. but of course there's shipping. 4 mm is too long 2.5 or 3 should be okay.

Ah. I've seen people saying that the 4mm screws are the right size but maybe that just applies to the hcigar clone. Or I'm getting mixed up o_O

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
I just got a KFL+ and was having hell getting 28 to stay under the screws, let alone 26. So Monday I spent 3 hours going to 2 bolt stores, 2 electronic stores, 1 watch shop! Finally someone suggested ACE hardware and sure enough they had the screws, but the same head size. BUT, they had tiny washers I could put under the screw so I bought 4 at $.30 each. Came home and had a twisted 28g a coil built and installed in about 3 minutes compared to the 1/2 hour I had spent trying it without the washers!
Now, If I can find a build that will get me more flavor and less heat I'll be happy with the KFL+.

Dana

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
I just got a KFL+ and was having hell getting 28 to stay under the screws, let alone 26. So Monday I spent 3 hours going to 2 bolt stores, 2 electronic stores, 1 watch shop! Finally someone suggested ACE hardware and sure enough they had the screws, but the same head size. BUT, they had tiny washers I could put under the screw so I bought 4 at $.30 each. Came home and had a twisted 28g a coil built and installed in about 3 minutes compared to the 1/2 hour I had spent trying it without the washers!
Now, If I can find a build that will get me more flavor and less heat I'll be happy with the KFL+.

Dana

Awesome! Do you know which washers they were? I may have to look into getting myself some of those.

Moses195

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
New Mexico
If your ACE is setup like mine...go to the back where all the drawers of screws are, mine were at the far right end(closest to the middle of the store) at about 5 feet high. The worker there knew right where to go to find them so I'm sure your store will know to.
A lot of the washers were out of their boxes and I picked out 4 of the smallest ones laying on the bottom of the tray. They are TINY, maybe take a magnet with you!

Dana

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
If your ACE is setup like mine...go to the back where all the drawers of screws are, mine were at the far right end(closest to the middle of the store) at about 5 feet high. The worker there knew right where to go to find them so I'm sure your store will know to.
A lot of the washers were out of their boxes and I picked out 4 of the smallest ones laying on the bottom of the tray. They are TINY, maybe take a magnet with you!

Dana

Thanks! Are they stainless steel?

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
If i'm not mistaken, the Russian is a 1:1 KF copy, meaning that the parts should be interchangeable (hopefully someone will correct me on this if i'm wrong). I've been planning on picking up a couple Russian replacement parts here for my KFL -- east coast vape -- which would at least allow you to buy within the Commonwealth. ECV does have a 'small item' shipping option, which you can email them about.

But what about buying directly from Svoe Mesto?

-- Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread