KIZOKU - Techmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Looking for thoughts on this new device from Kizoku who really impressed me with their Kirin semi-mech device.

Techmod - KIZOKU

These side by side devices have tended to be quite pricey in the past but with the release of the Mixx by Aspire and now this interesting device from Kizoku are side by side devices going to become the next big trend?

Screenshot (554).png

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I like the looks of it, and really like the fire button being near the top, I like the look of SBS's, but normally the fire button is in the middle of the mod, so has put me off getting one, might be tempted on this one, depending on the price.
Not sure of the price myself but the Kirin was very reasonable!

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Looks nice. Its 4.2V max output voltage is quite a bummer though.
Will certainly be a deal breaker for some, for me personally who loves using semi-mech 18350 devices that tend to have a 3.5v constant output up until it can't deliver that power anymore it's not a problem. whether MTL or DL whenever i check the voltage output on a regulated device i always seem to be between 3.4 - 3.7v so not a problem for me but it does give it limitations!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I like the looks of it, and really like the fire button being near the top, I like the look of SBS's, but normally the fire button is in the middle of the mod, so has put me off getting one, might be tempted on this one, depending on the price.

That was my hesitation too, Nails, back in 2015. Within minutes of firing it up though, I realized how perfect that design was. Obviously a subjective issue, but it's always ready to fire regardless of which hand i pick it up with.

Literally zero thought for me - just grab and fire.

Reactions: Nailz

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Interesting, so i won't be able to use my current setup: kanthal a1 30ga ~2.5ohm 10W = 5.2V

If you just bring that resistance down a bit, you'd be fine. But yes, 4.2 is quite low, even by 2012 standards.

omeringen

Sep 17, 2019

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Posting these quotes for info about voltage limitation:
Quite often when it's a single 4.2 battery and cut off is for example 3.2 it's listed in the specs as output voltage and it gives the impression their is no voltage boost, specs just are not consistent in how they are presented.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
If there is no boost circuitry, power will decline with battery ?
Ils there a buck circuitry ? I sometimes use 1ohm coil under 12w and if there is no buck down system, not good !
Reviewed it mate and it boosts voltage up to 8V so not an issue although even with voltage boosting as ever with a 18650 battery as the charge reduces there will be some performance drop off but only as with usual regulated devices!

KIZOKU TECHMOD 80W TC SIDE BY SIDE BOX MOD - Review

Reactions: Lanciab

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
For those interested in this mod, be cautious.
At least two firmware exists, 1.3.5 an 1.4
The first one is crappy in TC, does not allow coil lock and wattage setting in TC.
The 1.4 works flawlessly.
You can check your firmware pressing +/- a long time mod off.
As i bought a 1.3.5 that does not fill my TC needs I contacted Kizoku for an update and they answered me that was not possible.
They were very kind and professional and offered to send me freely an updated mod.
I'm currently waiting for it.
Great kudos to Kizoku customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread