KR808D-1 - difference in carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim68048

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Nebraska
Hi,
Just started vaping with a KR808D-1. I bought a 5-pack of blank "premium" carts from LiteCigUSA in addition to my starter kit. I figure I better go ahead and buy some more. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the carts I'm seeing on the LiteCigUSA site? There are the regular Blank Carts, Premium Blank Soft Cap Carts and Premium Low Resistance Soft Cap Carts. I'm confused! :confused:

SecondChance

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Moody, Texas
While I don't have experience with the LiteCig version of the KR808, in general the regular will be hard plastic, the premium soft cap...will have a more flexible feel and the LR or low resistance version will give a hotter and stronger throat hit...but will also consume battery life much faster.. LR types are typically used with larger batteries. Others may have more personal experience, and be able to give better info..

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
blanks:
WOW carts are slightly lower electrical resistance and run a bit hotter (a V4L drip tip may be handy for protecting your lips)
Coolcarts are slightly higher electrical resistance and run cooler

Prefilled:
WOW carts are filled with WOW liquid
Premium carts are filled with non-WOW liquid
Some of either could be marked as being in Coolcarts?

Read the reviews on them. So far, I like the WOW juices better and the Coolcarts a bit better

I like WOWbacco - a very cocoa tobacco (or the WOWBoy version which adds a bit of mint)
I like WOW Vanilla, and didn't like the premium vanilla as much (flowery)

I like the WOW Tobacco sampler

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
I think I'm good on the throat hit with the ones I already have. So between the hard and soft plastic cap, any big difference?
Thanks SecondChance!

The purpose for hard and soft caps is for refilling purposes, softcaps are easy to pull out.

You can only use low resistance (around 2.0ohms) 808 cartos on a mod, not a regular e-cig battery, it will kill it.

SweetPuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
USA
I have a few KR808D1 batteries (standard and mega/extra long) as well as a 5v passthrough, and have used cartomizers from V4L, litecig (standard and low resistance), V2cigs, and bloogplanet (maxxfusion). I'm not up on all of the technical aspects, but the LR give a hotter vape than standard resistance, and shouldn't be used on 5v units, b/c they get too hot, and could burn out the cartomizer.

I've used litecigusa's premium LR cartomizers and standard resistance on my mega/xtra long kr8 batteries w/ no problem at all...now whether they will reduce the battery life or not, I don't know. The premiums have soft caps instead of hard caps, making filling easier. The LR burn hotter, but I don't notice much of a TH difference personally.

As long as you keep the cartos saturated with e juice, they won't burn easily.

The litecigusa's cartos are very good, but you may want to try the bloog maxxfusion cartos as well, they are the best I've tried yet...they truly blow all of the other cartos out of the water in every way. They are a little more pricey than litecigusa's, but they last and last and make for the most pleasurable vape on a kR8 to date!

I hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread