Kudos for the MEGA SmartCart 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
As I haven't seen too much written about these I thought I'd chime in with some info and thoughts about a system which for me is really working well.

The GotVapes MEGA SmartCart 2.0 is another tank system. It uses a regular style atomizer not one with a spike plate like the eGo-T. The tank doesn't have an enclosed end on it like the eGo-T that needs piercing either.

The MEGA SmartCart 2.0 (also known as a T-Rex Tank cartridge in some circles) has a small piece of polyfill which rests on the atty's bridge to transfer the e-liquid to the coil. The tank has about the same capacity as the regular "A Type" eGo-T tank (1.1ml with air gap).

I actually purchased some (T-Rex tanks) locally here in Oz a few weeks ago not knowing they were the same as Mega SmartCart. The main difference that those were version 1.0 with the smaller bridge and the polyfill was 'glued' in place. I ruined two trying to remove the polyfill and trying to push a syringe down the side to fill the little beggars.

The new MEGA SmartCart version 2.0 alleviates these niggly problems somewhat. The polyfill is now easier to remove to facilitate easier filling when new, and allows the syringe to pass easier down the side to fill when used.

Performance is what makes these stand out for me.

* They taste much better (stronger - not muted) than the eGo-T. Not as good as a Clearo or Ce-2, but then what is, right. But close enough to forgive the difference considering the ease of use.

* They produce a great deal of vapour. Easily.

* They have a much easier draw than an eGo-T. More like a Clearo or CE-2.

* Wicking. I have had virtually no wicking /dry hit problems and I am a back to back hitter. I do normally take the shorter cigarette style drags in most cases but sometimes I'll take a long straight to the lungs hit. No problems either way.

* No Leaking. So far so good. Not through to the battery terminal. Not through the fitting. Not through the mouthpiece. NB. I use varied mixes of e-juice. All PG, 80/20 and 70/30 mainly. All work fine.

** These do eat juice faster than en eGo-T system, but not at too alarming a rate.

All in all these to me are the closest I have come to having a straight from the box GOOD experience with no tweaking required. These also are the first system that I would recommend to friends as a startup system, they are that good (imo).

Please also note that I am and have been from day one an eGo-T fan and have not had a bad experience with them at all other than the regular wick replacement requirements. I still have my 2 originals that I got when they first came out (with version 2) and they still perform well. I had thought they would be the best way to introduce new people to vaping but these MEGA SmartCart v2.0 seem to be a much better solution.

Also note that I have about 60 CE-2s left and some Clearo's as well, which I find to be the best tasting option, but alas they do take some finagling to get them 'just right'. Too much mucking about for a newbie imo.

I can't wait to try the Vortex, Turbine and Giantomizer etc etc but they really will need to be something to be better all round than the MEGA SmartCart 2.0.

Thanks Danno and Chris for getting these in and the tweaks you had made to them have certainly done the trick.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Hey Arjay, I was just looking at your cig and the math isn't adding up. Smoke free for 350 days or so, 4333.47$ saved, and 4953 analogues avoided. 4953/4333.47=0.875 cents per cigarette. What kind of cigarettes were you smoking?!

I used to smoke a brand called W*nfield Menthol. Our glorious government in their wisdom has decided the best way to stop people smoking is to price them out of it. So my packs of 25 cigs have gone from $7 a pack 2 1/2 years ago to $16.00 a pack now. So yeah your right it doesn't add up. As I don't buy smokes anymore (I stopped immediately when I started vaping - after smoking for 42 years) I was going on second hand info. I will endeavor to fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

The newest idea the government has is to cover up all cigarettes and have them behind steel shutters, and in a supermarket you can only buy them from one checkout. Yet they still want to kill of vaping. Go figure.

DataPhreak

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
A, A
Yeah, its roughly the same situation here, as I'm sure you are aware. I'm suprised with all of the research out of NZ that your government is still so opposed.

Your tag looks much better now though. Looks like it was doing the math on packs at 20 cigs per, like it is here in the US. Though I must say, the canadian cigs were delicious. I also liked that the 25 packs could be folded in half to make a 13 pack. I don't know why, it was just neat to me. That was over a decade ago that I was in Canadia though. Bah, I'm ramblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread