**Lab Tests, Kidney issues a little less of a worry (possibly)**

Status
Not open for further replies.

logbas34

Feb 1, 2010
louisville
Ok, so take it for what its worth since I'm only one person with test results, but I've read about other peoples concerns with issues about e-cigarettes possibly being Nephrotoxic and Hepatotoxic, such as

Ethylene Glycol (which is "suspected" to be in certain e-liquids) is Nephrotoxic.
Propylene Glycol making your kidneys work harder to excrete fluids since PG is hydroscopic
Bubbly urine (frequently reported) associated as a sign of compromising of the functionality of the kidneys
and toxic compounds being theorized by the livers metabolism of the components of e-liquid.

so, I figured I'd share my results with you and let you guys make your own judgments.

I had A CBC (Complete Blood Count) and a CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel) and my results are as described (in terms of relevance to the subject)

21 year old White Male
Kidneys-
Electrolyte balance 4.0 mEq/L ___________ (4.0-15.0)
BUN 12.0 mg/dL ___________ (8.0-22.0)
Serum Creatinine 0.89 mg/dL__________ (.60-1.40)
BUN/ Creatinine Ratio 13.5 ___________ (10.0-22.0)
Estimated GFR calculated to be 116 ml/min/1.73m2 (>60 normal renal function)
Hepatic (liver) function
Alkaline Phosphatase 93 U/L ___________ (38-126)
AST/ SGOT 25 U/L __________ (8-34)
ALT/ SGPT 29 U/L __________ (12-49)

While these results for people not tuned into the medical profession don't understand what these numbers mean basically it's as followed

for someone who is a pretty heavy vaper for and only having 6 months in last two years of smoking instead of vaping I would say in my case vaping isn't hurting either my kidneys or my liver. Now once again, this is only one person and I wouldn't base your health on my experience, but it seems as if vaping is not doing to much damaged (far less then cigarettes would be).

hope you guys valued my input!

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread