Not open for further replies.

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Hello all,

Although I've been a member for a couple of days, its simply amazing what I've learned in such a short period of time.
I've been vaping full time now for 7 weeks, tried stopping cigs cold turkey for a couple months and about lost my mind, when a friend offered the best advice. START vaping !!
Well, I did and haven't regretted it since. I had previous experience trying vaping at the store but never found it to be to my liking just going and trying flavors.
So i tend to go full on when i find something i like and dig into it pretty deep
I purchased an Aspire Speeder from a B&M store... payed to much for it, but what the hell, we all have to start by learning. Since then I have watched many videos and read many blogs on vaping. I found Rip to be pretty entertaining as well as informative.
So since my speeder, i have purchased 2 valerian tanks by Uwell, got an Alpha One mod by Voopoo,a Falcon tank by Horizon Vape. I have also purchased another mod most recently the Smoant Charon TC 218,and the Pharaoh mini RTA...
So thanks for letting me ramble on a bit to introduce myself... and I want to thank the ones who helped with a several issues that I've had...

Vape On

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Welcome James. Have a good start on gear. Methinks the shinyitis bug has bitten you already. The only cure is freezing your cc in a block of ice.
Spot on there with the cc, the speeder was a great starter with the Athos Tank, but wanted better vape and flavor. Pretty satisfied so far but as I mentioned... just beginning with RTA’s and excite to see what they can produce

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Spot on there with the cc, the speeder was a great starter with the Athos Tank, but wanted better vape and flavor. Pretty satisfied so far but as I mentioned... just beginning with RTA’s and excite to see what they can produce
Yep, the rabbit hole is an entertaining place.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hello James !.

And who says new vapers can't start off with advanced mods !?.

I recommended a Charon TS 218 to a new vaper a few weeks ago and some members went postal.

I don't know how many times members here have dictated to me that i "shouldn't recommend advanced mods to new vapers". I wonder if anyone is going to tell you off for diving into the deep end !?.

You've got yoursef some good hardware James !. :)

Take it easy !. :)

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Hello James !.

And who says new vapers can't start off with advanced mods !?.

I recommended a Charon TS 218 to a new vaper a few weeks ago and some members went postal.

I don't know how many times members here have dictated to me that i "shouldn't recommend advanced mods to new vapers". I wonder if anyone is going to tell you off for diving into the deep end !?.

You've got yoursef some good hardware James !. :)

Take it easy !. :)
TRUTH. I had it on good advise to get what I did when I started out. BUT, when I think of all the time, money, and frustration I would have saved starting off with a proper mod... Then again, he/we didn't know. Then again (again), we were using the best that there was at the time. Just like any technology, things change so quickly. There are so many different options now that weren't available when I started vaping (meaning, in the way of MTL, pen-type - or even portable - devices).

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
TRUTH. I had it on good advise to get what I did when I started out. BUT, when I think of all the time, money, and frustration I would have saved starting off with a proper mod... Then again, he/we didn't know. Then again (again), we were using the best that there was at the time. Just like any technology, things change so quickly. There are so many different options now that weren't available when I started vaping (meaning, in the way of MTL, pen-type - or even portable - devices).

Building your own coils isn't really difficult or something to be concerned about really, not if you're mouth to lung vaping !, which you are.

I use Sony VTC4 18650 batteries, dual, which are good for reasonably high power vaping. Thing is i only Mouth to lung vape. But the high amp ratings of these batteries means that even when they start to degrade, lose their ability to hold a charge and the amp rating drops they will still be perfectly safe to vape with at 11.5 watts, mouth to lung.

I build 2mm inner diameter coils with 29g kanthal, 5 wraps, 1.0 ohm. These coils last for months and are pretty ridgid so easy to re-wick. No real maintenance except for re-wicking, which i choose to do each time the tank empties (keeps things clean etc).

As i said earlier, it's not a good idea to recommend this kind of thing to a new vaper. Though this is just a low power mouth to lung coil. Worth doing a little research if you're interested.
129090.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

JamesDMad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2018
Indiana
Building your own coils isn't really difficult or something to be concerned about really, not if you're mouth to lung vaping !, which you are.

I use Sony VTC4 18650 batteries, dual, which are good for reasonably high power vaping. Thing is i only Mouth to lung vape. But the high amp ratings of these batteries means that even when they start to degrade, lose their ability to hold a charge and the amp rating drops they will still be perfectly safe to vape with at 11.5 watts, mouth to lung.

I build 2mm inner diameter coils with 29g kanthal, 5 wraps, 1.0 ohm. These coils last for months and are pretty ridgid so easy to re-wick. No real maintenance except for re-wicking, which i choose to do each time the tank empties (keeps things clean etc).

As i said earlier, it's not a good idea to recommend this kind of thing to a new vaper. Though this is just a low power mouth to lung coil. Worth doing a little research if you're interested.
129090.jpg
Thanks for the information, really appreciate the help. I started out MTL but wasn’t expecting the nicotine that I used to get from cigs until I went DTL. I’ve got 3 pair of great batteries including Sony LG and Hohm. I rotate to prolong the life.
Really appreciate all the direction.
Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread