• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Latest in SG vaping scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
" Information on an e-cigarette forum was also more detailed previously. A visit to the site showed strict instructions on not discussing where to buy juice or vaporisers. A Question & Answer segment for new members warned that these items are illegal in Singapore.

“No one is going to tell any Tom, Dick or Harry that walks into this forum such information. Bear in mind that the authorities are watching. We are not being paranoid. They are watching,” it said."

Yeppers, they watch here.
This was taken from the first post in this thread :
Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM]
Where do I get PVs or Juices here?
PVs and nicotine juices are illegal here. Anyone caught supplying them will face a fine of up to $5000.
No one is going to tell any tom, dlck or harry that walks into this forum such information.
Bear in mind that the authorities are watching. We are not being paranoid. They are watching.

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
It's funny how they quoted USCDC with:

United States Centres for Disease Control and Prevention have expressed concern that e-cigarettes, like conventional cigarettes, harm users and non-users as they contain cancer-causing chemicals like formaldehyde and fine PM2.5 particulate matter, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said.

When American Cancer Society made a stand with:

Scientific Summary: Based on currently available evidence, using current generation e-cigarettes is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

Reactions: stols001

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
When American Cancer Society made a stand with:

Scientific Summary: Based on currently available evidence, using current generation e-cigarettes is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.

From The American Cancer Society :
American Cancer Society Position Statement on Electronic Cigarettes
From that :
Scientific Summary: Based on currently available evidence, using current generation e-cigarettes is less harmful than smoking cigarettes, but the health effects of long-term use are not known.

and :
Some smokers, despite firm clinician advice, will not attempt to quit smoking cigarettes and will not use FDA approved cessation medications. These individuals should be encouraged to switch to the least harmful form of tobacco product possible; switching to the exclusive use of e-cigarettes is preferable to continuing to smoke combustible products.

VforVape

Mar 9, 2018
S-E Asia
Sometimes I wonder why people still try to import by post... all your airmail goes through x-ray scanners and all your mods/tanks/juice bottles have distinctive shapes that make them easy to spot. Here's a few tips if you want to vape safely in SG:

- Don't buy from Instagram or other social media channels, they're all scammers.
- Don't import by post, 100% fail rate and 100% your house will be raided.
- Don't ask people here to recommend sources for juice/tank/mod/supplies, this forum is full of hisham and marican, not to mention CNB too. You have no idea who you are dealing with and it's not worth the risk.
- Do start DIY'ing your own juice. All the necessary supplies are readily available locally and legally too except for nicotine.
- Do your own sourcing and importing from Malaysia. Our bolehland abang/lengzai/awek are more than happy to help us out. Ask your bolehland colleagues to help out too, loads of them are vapers.
- Do not share your reliable sources carelessly with strangers or boast about vaping to acquaintances or colleagues. When one source goes down or gets on the radar of the authorities, you risk other people's safety as well. Spare a thought for the rest of us here.

Good luck to all, especially those who are trying to quit smoking.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sometimes I wonder why people still try to import by post... all your airmail goes through x-ray scanners and all your mods/tanks/juice bottles have distinctive shapes that make them easy to spot. Here's a few tips if you want to vape safely in SG:

- Don't buy from Instagram or other social media channels, they're all scammers.
- Don't import by post, 100% fail rate and 100% your house will be raided.
- Don't ask people here to recommend sources for juice/tank/mod/supplies, this forum is full of hisham and marican, not to mention CNB too. You have no idea who you are dealing with and it's not worth the risk.
- Do start DIY'ing your own juice. All the necessary supplies are readily available locally and legally too except for nicotine.
- Do your own sourcing and importing from Malaysia. Our bolehland abang/lengzai/awek are more than happy to help us out. Ask your bolehland colleagues to help out too, loads of them are vapers.
- Do not share your reliable sources carelessly with strangers or boast about vaping to acquaintances or colleagues. When one source goes down or gets on the radar of the authorities, you risk other people's safety as well. Spare a thought for the rest of us here.

Good luck to all, especially those who are trying to quit smoking.

I've often wondered about that in hostile ecig lands. DIY. Everything can be made or sourced from items that are not intended for vaping.

Reactions: VforVape

VforVape

Mar 9, 2018
S-E Asia
All ingredient making non-nic juice can be source locally and its legal and so are "heating element". I'll advise fellow sillyporean to hold on at least one good mech if things worsen.
Keep in mind that all cina made stuff, especially electronics are made to be expendable.

^ this especially about mech mods. My first mod was mech and I learnt so much about how you're supposed to operate the mod and tank properly together through much trial-and-error. Mechs are durable too, you can leak your whole tank over the mod (which is unfortunately an all-too-common beginner error) and you still can clean it thoroughly and have it working in a few minutes, whereas a regulated mod will probably have its lifespan shortened due to the fact that you can't clean out all the ejuice from the 510 connector and wherever it's leaked to inside the mod. Telescoping mech mods like the Nemesis clones are highly customizable for different battery sizes and can be built to be as compact as possible, which makes it even more convenient to bring around and are less conspicuous compared to box mods. My favorite thing to do is to stash one in my bag when running, it's light enough and I do enjoy a well-deserved nicotine hit at the end of my workouts.

Anyway just another note about public vaping - please don't do it in open areas like park connectors even when it's dark. I once spotted this guy on a park bench under a street lamp billowing clouds with his fishing gear next to him. I thought of stopping to warn him but I didn't want to scare the .... out of him. Random fishing/vaping guy, if you're reading this - I know for a fact that the NPP does do regular patrols in that area so please be more careful next time.

• Agree
Reactions: mrmoomoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread