Leaking Kayfun Mini v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Alright so like the title says I have a leaking mini v3 when I go to refill. It usually happens when I take the top off(after closing liquid control) and when I open the liquid control back up. I've looked it up and tried everything I could think of such as widening the base and different amounts of cotton and cool height. I'm stumped and frustrated. The Kayfun is a clone off of fasttech. Anyone have any fixes? It would be such a good tank if it weren't for the leaking. The cotton is on the juice holes too though I don't think it's a cotton issue because my other Kayfun clone was pretty forgiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I shove it in a drawer and move on to the v5

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Alright so like the title says I have a leaking mini v3 when I go to refill. It usually happens when I take the top off(after closing liquid control) and when I open the liquid control back up. I've looked it up and tried everything I could think of such as widening the base and different amounts of cotton and cool height. I'm stumped and frustrated. The Kayfun is a clone off of fasttech. Anyone have any fixes? It would be such a good tank if it weren't for the leaking. The cotton is on the juice holes too though I don't think it's a cotton issue because my other Kayfun clone was pretty forgiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I shove it in a drawer and move on to the v5
If you peek thru tank with the juice control total closed off, do you see a gap? One of the only clones I ever bought was for my wife and was a km3, actually bought 2 for her and both were absolutely horrid. One did what your describing because the JC never actually would close completely off. So close it off and visually see if it closes completely, if not it will always leak when refilling. Or perhaps it's a faulty oring somewhere, and there is one where the top part of the chimney seats into that may need to be changed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I had a problem with a clone V3 leaking whenever i filled it. Turned out that the air release notch (on the top cap threading) was missing. Basically every time i screwed the top on the air pressure forced liquid out. I filed a notch into the threading and the problem went away....

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I bought 2 v3minis last March @ Anglecigs.
A perfect clone,, use every day.

Last Aug. Bought 2 more at Fasttech. Didn't look at them till yesterday after discussing with @vapdivrr. Absolutely dreadful, loosening the jf control one turn compromises the vacuum. Top fill cap barely stays on.

There were obviously 2 manufacturers making clones. ????don't know who.

The really GOOD clone had the sm logo on the e-chamber & the base.

Will buy an authentic, everyone is out ATM..

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
I bought 2 v3minis last March @ Anglecigs.
A perfect clone,, use every day.

Last Aug. Bought 2 more at Fasttech. Didn't look at them till yesterday after discussing with @vapdivrr. Absolutely dreadful, loosening the jf control one turn compromises the vacuum. Top fill cap barely stays on.

There were obviously 2 manufacturers making clones. ????don't know who.

The really GOOD clone had the sm logo on the e-chamber & the base.

Will buy an authentic, everyone is out ATM..

That's the one I have with the SM logo. I'm assuming once the liquid control is closed totally I should see nothing but stainless when I look through the holes but I see a small gap of black

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That's the one I have with the SM logo. I'm assuming once the liquid control is closed totally I should see nothing but stainless when I look through the holes but I see a small gap of black
Yes if there is any gap, most likely you will have leaking issues every time you fill. Yep i had same issue, it's like it wasn't machined very well. You can try a different oring on the deck, which may create a tighter fit when screwing the juice control. In my instance, that didn't help, but it's worth a try. If you take off the 2 orings that are on the deck, then try screwing the juice control, you will see if it makes a difference

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
After looking closely, yes there is a black ring under the juice holes.
After pulling the deck, 2 rings. One under coil & a larger near threading. Both flush.
The tank is filled now, still see a black gap under the juice holes. I'm pretty sure is another ring under the glass tank.

Does the top, when filling turn freely about 3 turns? That was my main concern. Bad clone, one & a quarter turn.

I would completely diassemble & replace all o-rings. When you have a good vacuum, you will see Bubbles when opening J/F control..

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
If it only leaks for a short time after you've opened the juice control, the problem is that you're pressurizing the tank when screwing the top cap on. Likely your threads don't have the flat spots needed to relieve the pressure. The solution is simple. Open the juice control with the tank upside down. This will allow the pressure to escape without forcing liquid into the juice well.

BitterBeerBear

Aug 11, 2016
DFW, TX
I had a problem with a clone V3 leaking whenever i filled it. Turned out that the air release notch (on the top cap threading) was missing. Basically every time i screwed the top on the air pressure forced liquid out. I filed a notch into the threading and the problem went away....

If it only leaks for a short time after you've opened the juice control, the problem is that you're pressurizing the tank when screwing the top cap on. Likely your threads don't have the flat spots needed to relieve the pressure. The solution is simple. Open the juice control with the tank upside down. This will allow the pressure to escape without forcing liquid into the juice well.

This.

Take the fill cap off. Look at the male threads coming out of the fill cap (the threads that screw into the top of the tank). Do those threads have a flat spot cut/ground off from each side of the threads? If not, that is your problem. If it does have a flat spots, and ALL o-rings are FOR SURE in good shape and placement, then you just have a bad clone.

Worst case scenario.... you could fill it from the bottom by unscrewing the tank from the base and using a syringe to fill it from one of the JFC holes :D :D

Reactions: vapdivrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread