Ended Let's go! Movkin Disguiser Flash Giveaway - 1 week only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got mine.

12cba3c65b3eeba8fb51565cab59a9c2.jpg

GPC2012

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    But you didn't, and neither did alot of other people. Be lucky for the life you lead and the coffee you drink, one day meteors will fall from the sky and mess up the streets.
    Go join a kindergarten soccer team, everybody wins a prize in them. That's the only way you'll be happy

Zipslack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Okay, now that I've had some time to experiment, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Disguiser.

The unit I received is black with a nice finish that looks like it should be pretty durable. It came in a clear plastic case with just the mod, 510 extender, adjustable mouthpiece, and instructions. The unit is fairly large and heavy, but fits in the hands comfortably for either finger or thumb fire.

The fit and finish are excellent. It's not too slippery and the openings on the cover help with the grip. The cover uses magnets and it fits securely with no wiggle. The cover can be mounted either way so that the grooves can be oriented to your preference. The battery door is nice...very similar to what you would find on a camera. Changing batteries is easy and the different sized posts on the door help identify battery orientation. The buttons are easy to operate and have a solid feel to them. The texture on the fire button keeps your finger from slipping.

The display is easy to see in a lot of lighting conditions and shows Ohms, Volts, Watts, and battery display on the side while the main portion shows either Watts or Temp mode.

5 clicks turns the unit on or off and displays an animated welcome or goodbye message. The unit turns off automatically after a period of inactivity and requires the 5-click to turn back on. 3 clicks cycles through the modes: watts, ni, ti, ss, and cc. You can't move back and forth...you have to cycle through by 3-clicking each time.

I tested with a Lemo3 (0.5 Kanthal and 0.5 Ti heads), an Air GS MS clone (top-mounted), a Kayfun Mini3 clone, and a single-coil RDA (top-mounted). All seemed to work well in Watts mode and the Lemo worked well in Temp Ti mode. I did not test above 400 degrees or 50 Watts since I'm more MTL style.

Overall, the Disguiser is a nice mod and does what it needs to do, but it does have a few flaws (in my opinion):
    1. The adjustable mouthpiece is a nice innovation, but may not work on all tanks due to length and diameter. Some tanks were hard to get the mouthpiece seated. Short tanks, like the Air GS MS, will not work because the mouthpiece can't extend far enough. Perhaps an extension adapter would be a good option to provide.
    2. Mouthpiece does not lock into the top of the mod and will sometimes spin and adjust down accidentally. It would be good if the top hole had a grommet to hold the mouthpiece firmly in place.
    3. The 510 extension rod works well, but it often spins loose when you're trying to remove the top-mounted tank or RDA. Suggest some way to lock the extension at the bottom so you don't have to pop the cover and hold the rod when changing.
    4. The Volts display only shows data when you're firing; otherwise, it just shows 0.00 V. Mostly useless unless you vape in front of a mirror.
    5. Tank sensing seems erratic. When you switch or re-seat a tank, sometimes it asks if it's a new coil; sometimes it doesn't.
    6. Having to cycle through the modes is a minor annoyance. It would be nice if you switched to mode-setting and used the buttons to move nack and forth with thr fire button to confirm choice.
    7. The auto-shutoff is nice to help conserve battery life, but it would have been nice to have the option to disable it.
    8. No way to update firmware.

These are fairly minor quibbles, but I thought I would be as honest as I can to help Movkin improve their product. Overall, it feels like a good quality mod with some interesting features that could benefit by some design tweaks. I rate it 8/10 overall.

Last edited:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Hey girl! I'm ok, staying busy. I've missed you too. Not much different from that last PM I sent ya.

I just don't get people bashing the contests and ECF, if it's so bad here go somewhere else. Pretty simple.

Hey Gorgeous! LONG time... I'm not around here much myself these days, but I wanted to hunt you down and let you know I still miss you. There was something compelling about this place, that seems to be missing..

hi.gif
    93yj3Et.gif

Reactions: bellastarr

bellastarr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    USA
    Hey Gorgeous! LONG time... I'm not around here much myself these days, but I wanted to hunt you down and let you know I still miss you. There was something compelling about this place, that seems to be missing..

Hey darlin'!:wub: How are you doing? It has been a long time. I still come around, but lurk mostly.
    hiding-smiley.gif
    The past few months have been super stressful, but I do have some good news to share. My son finally came home yesterday. After almost 3 years, I'm one happy momma today.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Hey darlin'!:wub: How are you doing? It has been a long time. I still come around, but lurk mostly.
    hiding-smiley.gif
    The past few months have been super stressful, but I do have some good news to share. My son finally came home yesterday. After almost 3 years, I'm one happy momma today.

Awwww.... a good thing for Momma, is a good thing for the whole woman! Sorry to hear about the stress, I hope THAT part gets better. I saw your smilin lovely face in HG's thread, and I just HAD to give you a shout. Ya KNOW I miss you. :) I'll keep my eye out for you, and say Howdy now and again, so ya don't forget me. Cause I'll NEVER forget you. ;)

Reactions: bellastarr

melody19316

Multiple ID Suspension
    May 21, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread