Let's Put our MONEY where our mouths are !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Lol do you know the lawyer representing zenadia gonzalez (the supposed nanny for casey anthony?) it is john morgan of morgan colling and gilbert... big lawyers.. they would take it just for the publicity.

I don't know, but you really don't need big guns until later in the game. A lawyer would simply need to advise for the most point.

Granted It wouldn't hurt asking.

Maybe something could be run through "Right to vape" or AECSM? I would contribute a little if I understood how the money would be used, and it was a trusted, know organization.

The hard part is that many (Like me) would sit back in the beginning and see if it was something that is really going to amount to anything. If only a few thousand is collected it would be wasted money.

Do you think colleges could be solicited to begin some case studies?

This is the manufactures job but who knows what their doing. Do you think they are willing to invest in the future of e-cigs or will they just ride the money train to the last stop and say it was a nice ride? Right now they just ship to suppliers hoping it will sneak through customs, and make it clear to suppliers that it is all on the suppliers risk.

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
RTV seems like a grassroots site, and from what I gather that is what they plan on being. AECSM is a vendors only group and for me at least closed doors and secrecy don't exactly jive well with me for donations.

The problem with the Manufactures is that they are virtually all in China with very little voice within this country. You really cannot expect them to set up orgs or even understand how to deal with the government etc.

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
I agree with you completely but in our position right now we cannot afford the attention.

You can believe that the FDA, Big tobacco, pharm, and govt have more media influence than us. Money talks.

Lets be honest with ourselves. The cat is out of the bag. Major media outlets have picked up the story and Senators and the FDA are issuing press releases. No level of hope and prayer can undo the attention put on us.

Vaporpuff

Mar 26, 2009
Miami, FL
Lets be honest with ourselves. The cat is out of the bag. Major media outlets have picked up the story and Senators and the FDA are issuing press releases. No level of hope and prayer can undo the attention put on us.

Haha we could be doing this all day. In all honesty, although we're standing on thin ice, were still standing.

A year ago there was no real problem with vapeing because it was new and belonged to a small community. Now that this is an ever expanding community, people are starting to raise question and the FDA has picked up on it and is no longer looking passed it. The larger this grows the more they're going to have to oppress us.

This is a slippery slope situation for us.

altonblair

Apr 2, 2009
The trick would be to spend enough money to get us noticed and contact Bill O'reily to start a media push. Then advertise our .org website on TV and radio. O'reily would be free advertising and people would try this and realize how great this is. If they would then make it illegal there would be too much money flowing and companies would find work arounds. By the way I'm in for a few bucks.

The trick would be to spend enough money to get us noticed and contact Bill O'reily to start a media push. Then advertise our .org website on TV and radio. O'reily would be free advertising and people would try this and realize how great this is. If they would then make it illegal there would be too much money flowing and companies would find work arounds. By the way I'm in for a few bucks.

Nice first post. I'm sure the Limbaugh crew like Levin and Hannity would jump on too. I'm in also.

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
we can find the right lawyer (or buy a Congressman or two) or build a factory here and sell it to Big Pharm for billions.....

Mixing the business end of manufacture and development with the efforts of lobbying and advocacy virtually always ends in giving those an excuse to write the org off as a shill group.

TimmyT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Illinois
Just E-mailed this to O'reilly ! I ain't Scared !
I will post any replies

Mr. O'reilly,

I have been a smoker for 25yrs. I am like 100's of thousands of taxpaying Americans in this country who have addiction's mine just happen to be the love for my family and nicotine. After trying every touted smoking cessation device ever approved and placed on the market by our beloved FDA and spent hundreds of dollars on worthless make the big pharmacy companies rich garbage available to me I resigned myself to the fact that quitting smoking wasn't something I could or ever would do. Six weeks ago I was introduced to a simple little wonder called the Electronic Cigarette and finally after a quarter of a century I quit smoking in a matter of minutes. My story is not a unique one. Tens of Thousands of smokers have finally kicked the habit thanks to these products. Now because of the growing popularity and loss of revenue for the tobacco and pharmacy companies the FDA is pushing to ban these products and label them as a new drug requiring a decade of study to market and sell in the U.S. There is nothing new about a vaporizer,a battery ,water,propylene glycol and nicotine. How is it that tobacco and it's known carcinogens and over 4000 chemicals be allowed to be marketed and sold in the U.S as a death sentence to millions of Americans and this simple little device be banned without fact.I write you in the hope that you will research what I speak of and use your national stage as a platform to block the FDA's bid to sentence myself and millions of others like me to a continued use of tobacco and the certainty of serious health risk all under the guise of protecting my right to choose while banning my right to choose a safer tax free alternative. I have attached a link the Electronic Cigarette Forum and a post that will give you pause.ecig forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread