warning1.JPG
batterywarning.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The more warning labels the better...if 2 people out of 20 are not harmed because of the labels then it was worth it. Yeh most of them are pretty basic and flat out stupid..but some people only understand being spoke to on that level :danger: :rolleyes:

The two that would have been harmed wouldn't have read the labels. It's a fact that with all products, we're going to 'lose a few'.

To set standards to the lowest common denominator and keep products off the market that can save millions of people's lives and improve health isn't "worth it."

Last edited:

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
I'm starting to think the warning label system is creating more problems than it solves.
Obviously if there's no warning label, it can't be dangerous, can it?

When I was a kid, warning labels didn't exist. At least I don't remember seeing any.
It encouraged people to find out the proper way to use whatever it was they were using.

Maybe instead of more warning labels they could put a symbol of some sort on a driver's license or I.D. card that signifies the bearer is intelligent enough to do whatever it is they are doing without needing warning labels.
Then when attempting to make purchases, the shop owner can with reasonable certainty sell certain items to certain people, and we will all hopefully be the safer for it.
I saw alot of posts to this thread that made me go HUH? But your's made me do a double HUH! Who is going do do this certification? What is going to qualify them to do certifications? Is any gov't agency going to need to be involved? And the biggest question; WHO is going to pay for it & HOW?!
I don't want the gov't to be involved in my vaping experience any more than necessary. Detailed instructions & warnings should come with everything. Also responsible vapers and retailers should be vigilant that we don't let somebody with an Aero on an 1800mah egotwist buy anything mod or rebuildable without asking some very simple questions first! Just start by sharing your vaping experience and take it from there. Done it quite a bit myself and have helped alot of people!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Shoestrings should have them, too. And instructions on how to double tie them.
My wife has a bit of arthritis in her hands and can't tie her shoes very well.
Her laces are always very loose, and come untied frequently.

One of these days she is going to trip over them and smash her head.
But I don't recall seeing warnings that she should not be buying shoes with laces.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I saw alot of posts to this thread that made me go HUH? But your's made me do a double HUH! Who is going do do this certification? What is going to qualify them to do certifications? Is any gov't agency going to need to be involved? And the biggest question; WHO is going to pay for it & HOW?!
I don't want the gov't to be involved in my vaping experience any more than necessary. Detailed instructions & warnings should come with everything. Also responsible vapers and retailers should be vigilant that we don't let somebody with an Aero on an 1800mah egotwist buy anything mod or rebuildable without asking some very simple questions first! Just start by sharing your vaping experience and take it from there. Done it quite a bit myself and have helped alot of people!
WARNING--- Possible jocularity in progress!

Reactions: haleysdadda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread