Li-Po Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

showell

May 1, 2013
Ocala, FL
Hey all I am currently beginning a build with a dna20d I am using Mamu's Milo Guide to help me along considering this is my first build. I'm pretty handy with a lot of things so I don't see an issue doing the build. But I feel like this is something I should already know. I am purchasing the LIPO batteries from Ebay
LiPo Li Poly 11 1v 1200mAh 25c 35C 3S 3S1P LiPo Battery Lion Power Car Boat Heli | eBay

I understand I need to separate the cells and solder them in parallel. now as you can see these say 1200mAh so my question is since I am soldering them in parallel and taking them from 11.1v to 3.7v will they take me to 3600mAh well i'm only using 2 but are these 1200mah a piece is what I'm getting at I want to take two of them and solder them in parallel and give me 2400mah at 3.7 volts. Thank you in advance for any info...

I am big on safety hence the reason for this post......

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It would probably be safer to just buy a 2400+mah 1S LiPo. LiPo batteries are touchy in their natural state, taking apart a 3S LiPo is putting yourself in more danger than necessary.

Hobby king has some 1S batteries with a 30C discharge sitting at 2000mah if I remember... would be a hell of a lot safer than trying to take apart a 3S.

The new Tapatalk update blows... that is all now Free

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread