Licorice, anise or absinthe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have tried FA anise and Absinthe, MBV absinthe (flavor west may be) and I'm trying to find the best one. I have TPA Absinthe on its way, but I'm afraid it will not be the best either. The ones I've tried have a strange chemical background taste. For what it's worth, I really like Pluid, so the closest to that the better.
Anyone tried Natures Flavors Star Anise, Anise or Licorice? May be Capellas?

TroyHoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Greenville MS
been playing with TFA licorice, absinthe, Loranns Anise oil, licorice. Going for a strong black jelly bean flavor. I not getting the results i want. I did a 8 bottle experiment with all of them together and seperate. let them steep for a week. None of them really did it for me. Mixed them all together and its ok to vape abit in the evenings but nothing special. Im too cheap to throw it out. Im thinking my taste buds are immune to the flavor atm. every now and then I get the taste I want but mostly not...

If you find something that works let me know. I will say the Anise oil from loranns takes awhile to mix well.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
been playing with TFA licorice, absinthe, Loranns Anise oil, licorice. Going for a strong black jelly bean flavor. I not getting the results i want. I did a 8 bottle experiment with all of them together and seperate. let them steep for a week. None of them really did it for me. Mixed them all together and its ok to vape abit in the evenings but nothing special. Im too cheap to throw it out. Im thinking my taste buds are immune to the flavor atm. every now and then I get the taste I want but mostly not...

If you find something that works let me know. I will say the Anise oil from loranns takes awhile to mix well.

I will definitely keep you posted if I find the right flavor. It was just strange that I get the same smell from the different ones I have, but it is a strange one. I guess since Pluid was my first venture into this flavor, its what I compare any new one. My quest continues!

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Finding the BEST absinthe is an individual find as tastes differ. That said if you are geting a too chemically flavor you MAY have mixed it at too high a %. Many flavors will have a too purfumy and chemically tone to them if you mix them at too high a %. I have an absinthe recipe with TPA absinthe, and I mix it in a blend. Its a very nice cool, tingly vape.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
For me, FlavourArt's Anise is the best I've used so far. I mixed some Flavorwest Grape in it last night with a touch of FW Orange and it was good...letting it steep a few days to see what transpires.

Here's the recipe for 10ml...I do this in drops.

20 anise
12 grape
6 orange

It's strong so adjust to your liking if you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread