Life-Span of a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have the first one Steve sent me..8 months ago and it still rocks! I have lost others along the way and tried auto and manual in every size. Manuals last longer in my opinion (due to juice not getting into the sealed battery) but even the auto's out last every other battery (901 and 801) by months.
They are meant to last 200 charges..I rotate mine between 15 batts..but use my extra longs more then any of my other Vapor Kings. My average is about 6 months on manuals.
The problem is that after so long the draw becomes a bit harder and they don't stay charged for as long. Small price to pay for something that has lasted well beyond expectations and specs. The newer batts are really a class to themselves! Love them.:toast:

Kurokaze

May 13, 2010
Earth
I noticed that the usable charge of my manual shorties were decreasing after a couple of months. I tied a string around the button and let it blink itself to death. After a recharge, it retained the charge for a longer period than before.
Basically, it lasted me a day at work when I first got those batteries. Then faded to about 3/4 to 1/2 of the day. Now they last a full day again. Not very scientific, but it seemed to work.

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks, all! I've been wondering about this, since my original batteries (Nov. 5, 2009) still work fine. That's around 270 days, and I subsequently bought a black battery a few months ago. A guesstimate is my original batteries have each been charged 135 times (or every other day). So if they're designed for 200 charges I've still got another 65 charges (or 130 days) to go. Which works out to about 11-12 months' life per battery, the way I'm using them.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
last as long that! :) Interesting how many batt people have....is there a reason other than wanting one of every color??

I guess besides the wanting one in different colors, is the 'hoarding' mentality some of us get when a ban on pv's is threatened. I like having a nice stash of batteries also because sometimes they do fail quickly or they get lost or broken.
I have about 20 now and will probably buy one every few months.
Happy vaping!:vapor:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Yeah, color is a factor, but also the fact that I keep 3 flavors going at all times. So I need a minimum of 6 batts.

I like my carto color to match or compliment my batt color..I know it's just silly, but there you are!

I have lots of batts because I wanted to try all the sizes and all the generations of batts. I am very happy with the manual extra longs..that's what I buy now. I need more colors!

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Haha! You sound like me! Must be color co-ordinated! :laugh:

Remember those 64 packs of Crayola crayons w/ the built-in sharpener? :lol: (That's what did it to me!)

I'm going to start worrying when I have to match my PV to my shoes. :facepalm:

:vapor:

Yeah, color is a factor, but also the fact that I keep 3 flavors going at all times. So I need a minimum of 6 batts.

I like my carto color to match or compliment my batt color..I know it's just silly, but there you are!

I have lots of batts because I wanted to try all the sizes and all the generations of batts. I am very happy with the manual extra longs..that's what I buy now. I need more colors!

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
last as long that! :) Interesting how many batt people have....is there a reason other than wanting one of every color??

I have about 6 batts give or take, I just lost one in a sewer... But I have 1 backup. 1 I use at night only, 1 I use every day, 1 that is the backup's backup and 2 that are the original XL's Those are used in the shower when I wake up, Or when it is raining and I am outside. They are all manuals also.

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Does anyone know how long the batteries hold a charge when they are not in use? I have 1 that I don't really use that often but I am wondering how long that charge will last.

That's a good question.
(Which can be generally answered by individuals personal experiences.)

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Not really, no.

Do you live in high humidity or low humidity?
Are your storage temperatures high or low or midline?
Do you live near the coast?

Environmental factors play a tremendous part in storage. Your next door neighbor's experience may be of value, but my experience here in the central valley of CA is not going to mean anything of substance to someone in New Jersey. Answering that question with a "+/- 50%" qualifier isn't really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread