• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

LOL Broken Coil Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
My current LR306 being on its last legs, I popped on my last new one this morning but it wouldn't fire. Took the bridge off and saw 1 side of the coil detached. Dammit. Used a toothpick to push it back together, it worked for an hour then I had to reattach it again.

I have a ton of new IKV 510s but have been digging the 306 much more. Ordered some yesterday and they shipped today but will likely only be here next week if I'm lucky. Um, dammit! Wish we had a brick and mortar here in mtl..

Hopefully this little guy holds together a little while longer lol

EDIT: I posted in the classies, go look NAO! :)

Last edited:

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I know right? Worst case I vape my 510s, unsatisfied til Avid shows up.

I posted in the classies if anyone in mtl has a spare.. I try to help folks, maybe someone will help me back with a trade or something. No biggie either way (lol I say that now, while my Frankenstein still breathes).

I converted a few friends/family to vaping, but they ALL use 510 atties - funneh. Anyway I shouldn't complain I guess, many were worse off during CP's vacation.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Wish I could help but all I've got now are 510s, my 306s are in the mail as well - I was curious to know what all the hype was about..
I wish i could help, but all i got handy is Boge 3.ohms carto atm, and some Bauway 510 atty's that i never used/cared to use!
Heh that's OK fellas, thanks anyway :)

I'm curious to know what's so good about these as well. Outside of the obvious benefit of not having the 510 "wall" around the atty to deal with, what are the other strengths? I have a LR (1.8 ohm) 510 Atty I'm using on my ego right now which gives clouds of vapor (almost too much).
TH. You get loads of TH at the expense of a little flavour. Vapor is about the same as any other decent atty.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
My current LR306 being on its last legs, I popped on my last new one this morning but it wouldn't fire. Took the bridge off and saw 1 side of the coil detached. Dammit. Used a toothpick to push it back together, it worked for an hour then I had to reattach it again.

I have a ton of new IKV 510s but have been digging the 306 much more. Ordered some yesterday and they shipped today but will likely only be here next week if I'm lucky. Um, dammit! Wish we had a brick and mortar here in mtl..

Hopefully this little guy holds together a little while longer lol

EDIT: I posted in the classies, go look NAO! :)
Quit friggin with your gear...

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Quit friggin with your gear...
lol..so I shouldn't have fixed it?

Edit: To clarify, I only removed the bridge because the atty wasn't working, and I wanted to see the coil. Sure enough it was detached on one side, so I reattached it and got it working! Been going strong all day, though I'm careful not to knock it around..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread