London .... Brrrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It snowed here on Tuesday, really unusual for Cornwall to get heavy snow :)

I think it must have been a bit of a shock for the palm trees in my garden 8-o

snow020209021.jpg

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
Got stuck on the M25 near Gatwick on Monday going from Kent into London. M25 was full of snow on the carriageway and totally crap for such a major road. They closed junctions 6-9, and I spent four hours sitting somewhere there going nowhere. Gave up in the end and went home near Heathrow...journey time was 6 1/2 hours and I was supposed to have been at work. Is usually an hour and a half from Canterbury to Heathrow.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Got stuck on the M25 near Gatwick on Monday going from Kent into London. M25 was full of snow on the carriageway and totally crap for such a major road. They closed junctions 6-9, and I spent four hours sitting somewhere there going nowhere. Gave up in the end and went home near Heathrow...journey time was 6 1/2 hours and I was supposed to have been at work. Is usually an hour and a half from Canterbury to Heathrow.

Did ya have your airband radio/scanner with you? That would have been awesome entertainment whilst sitting in traffic near an airport on a snowy day !!

Hey Lil ! , yeah people are doing it very tough here at the mo , luckily my district is one of the few that is fire free at the moment , thank whoever !
Multiple fatalities , and loss of homes and stock:( State of emergency declared for Victoria and Southern NSW , they are predicting that depending on todays conditions it may be one of the worst firestorms to hit
we live in a harsh land... while we are burning our countrymen in Nth Queensland are under feet of water... someone is having a cruel joke....... All good here tho ... so far lol.. but cant let the guard down , generators and fire fighting pumps at the ready and waiting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread