Longer Lasting Parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm a noobie. Can you help a noobie out? What lasts longer? A Clearomizer or a Cartomizer? I have been using clearomizers in the past and have noticed they only last about a week before they get clogged. Kinda frustrated with them. I recently bought a Dual Coil Cartomizer tank which works okay but may be getting clogged too. My juices are 100 PG and 10 PG/90VG. I noticed with 100PG I almost get no vapor on exhale. Using a KGO VV Mega. Been referring to the vape voltage chart for reference. I guess what I want to know is the kind of replaceable equipment I should buy Clearomizer or Cartomizer that lasts the longest before having to replace. Also since I have a VV should I only buy Cartomizers in 3.0 ohms? What about the pre-punched holes? Should I buy one, two, or three hole? Thank you so much for your time and kindness.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Welcome! :D

VG actually makes the pretty clouds, PG accounts for the throat hit.

Coils can last 2, 3, or 4 weeks, if you keep them clean.

Cleaning is the key. It's hard to do on a carto, fair to do on a disposable clearo, and easiest on a rebuildable clearo.

The amount of air and vapor you get will differ; this is why I switched from a carto to a clearo.

UOENO702

May 11, 2013
LAS VEGAS
IMO cartomizers are best bang for buck. I usually get low resistance boge cartos.
if I buy pre punched I get the ones w/ 1 big hole instead of the 2 small holes ones. the 2 hole ones seem to give me dry hits and times.
but if i want to save money I'll just buy LR cartos and punch them myself w/ a carto puncher (usually do 2 holes)
also as stated above PG is for flavor and throat hit, also is thinner, also leads to leaking. VG is for vapor production, also is thicker and can clog also.
if you're gonna carto tank it I would suggest a 50/50 vg/pg blend. those seem to be best.
anything over 70% VG in a carto tank for me gives me dry hits because its to thick to get sucked into the carto lol
clearomizers are good for starters who just want to fill and dispose when done.
and cartos you can get yourself a good tank to use over and over and just replace the cartos, a pack of 5 should run you around $10-15

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
You can get them here, pretty much anytime for about a $1 shipped. You just have to buy 25. Those will last you a while. A carto will last about a week, depending upon the juice and how well you prime the carto. One, I have in my Phiniac right now, is going on its 3rd week. Maybe because I punched big holes, using 50/50 juice, and I primed it exactly right. Can't say that happens all the time.

Greg W.

Boge Cartomizers Mix-and-Match 5 Pack Deal

I've been vaping a couple months now and I haven't tried cartos yet. However, I have "evolved" through several types of clearos and the challenges they have.
I quickly tossed my CE4s as I don't like the dry hits and burnt taste. I finally settled on IClear16's for a long while. I love the vapor and flavor I can get out of them. I also dig the easy rebuild.
For the past couple weeks I have been into the T3s bottom coils. Holds lots of juice with great vapor and flavor. Some flavors I prefer in the IClear16 and some in the T3s. Problem I was having with the T3s was how deep it is where it connects to the battery. My lanyard ring actually prevented some of them to make a good connection to the battery. Serious bummer.
Today I started with some EVODs. Similar to the T3s although smaller. It threads better than the T3s but been working through some leaking issues. Did some looking around on this forum and figured it out. Just another learning curve.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
I would suggest BCC such as EVOD's. Rotate heads while one is being cleaned. Drop them into a hot water cup, take it out after a while and dry. Or use Vodka/everclear in a glass bottle. You can just switching them out until they die.
Easy to do, cheap to get heads.
There is nothing easier or cheaper.
Great vap at low low replacement cost!

Cheers

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I buy those cheapy clearomizers from China. Like from DHGate. It's like $1.86 per clearomizer but you have to buy in quantity. Without cleaning, there's no way to make them last longer. And thicker juices will clog things up more quickly. I don't like dealing with cartomizers. I make a mess every time I prime one which isn't often so I always make a mistakes and spill liquid all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread