Looking for a Carto Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious about this as well. i dont like the unfinished look of the jazz pipe with the battery exposed. very sharp looking other than that

I hate that too! I love the epipemod button...but I don't want to spend that much and I don't want to convert to mega atty's. The Jazz pipe is just so simple and I happen to love cartomizers.

GitMoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Illy Philly
I hate that too! I love the epipemod button...but I don't want to spend that much and I don't want to convert to mega atty's. The Jazz pipe is just so simple and I happen to love cartomizers.

You don't need to convert to Mega Attys to run a pipe from ePipeMods.com

Here is a C2 pipe from them with an 808 cartomizer on it using a 510 adapter and a churchwarden stem I converted from one of my regular tobacco pipes....

IMAG0562.jpg

You could run this type of setup on ANY of their pipes. The price is well worth it. You won't find a nicer e-pipe.

Hideto

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
Canada

Has anyone tried these? I have a dse601 that gives nothing but burnt taste. As well, can someone explain how a cartomizer would work in an e-pipe? I know they say if the atty dies in a dse601, you're SOL and pretty much have to buy a new unit. A cartomizer pipe would mean the pipe bowl is purely the battery and the atomizer is safely, cheaply, and utterly replaceable because it's a single unit where a cartridge would go, as a cartomizer?

I want to understand as I want to upgrade beyond my 601 but want to know everything before I lay out more money. Thanks in advance!

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Check out the epipe links the OP gave.... From what I have seen this is about the most versatile pipe you will find in the current market.

Has anyone tried these? I have a dse601 that gives nothing but burnt taste. As well, can someone explain how a cartomizer would work in an e-pipe? I know they say if the atty dies in a dse601, you're SOL and pretty much have to buy a new unit. A cartomizer pipe would mean the pipe bowl is purely the battery and the atomizer is safely, cheaply, and utterly replaceable because it's a single unit where a cartridge would go, as a cartomizer?

I want to understand as I want to upgrade beyond my 601 but want to know everything before I lay out more money. Thanks in advance!

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OMG, this post is not helping the pipe envy I have recently developed!!! That pipe is sweet GetMoe!

IDK why I want one either??? I'm a girl, and I never smoked a pipe :lol:

They just look so comfortable to hold! AND hassle free.

But then I'm also really wanting a REO...decisions, decisions.
You don't need to convert to Mega Attys to run a pipe from ePipeMods.com

Here is a C2 pipe from them with an 808 cartomizer on it using a 510 adapter and a churchwarden stem I converted from one of my regular tobacco pipes....

IMAG0562.jpg

You could run this type of setup on ANY of their pipes. The price is well worth it. You won't find a nicer e-pipe.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Im curious about this as well. i dont like the unfinished look of the jazz pipe with the battery exposed. very sharp looking other than that

I used a sharpie to color batt black..looks great.
Or you could borrow some black nail polish from adam lambert.
Or you can use black tape but kinda hard to cut perfect circle.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
FU_pipe_2.JPG

Don't those look like 601 cartridges? It says it uses 510 cartomizers. I had emailed the vendor questioning this. Anyone know if this site is legit (azsmokefree)? Those are some damn cheap eGo kits.

The pipe pictured from that site looks exactly like this one: Here. Reviewed on YouTube: Here
Quoted as being "sucky"

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I went ahead and ordered one today from AZsmokefree to see if they are any good. Found the manual for them online at:

http://www.farseegroup.com/uploadfiles/FS4313usermanual.pdf

It appears similar in exterior appearance to the 601 but has some minor differences in the attachment of the pipe stem. The brown tubes in the picture above are probably the same little plastic cases that 601 carts originally came in, which have been adapted to hold cartos.

I'll post here if it turns out to be worth it, but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully it will surprise me, otherwise it will go in the box with the other ho-hum epipe equipment.

Oh, and that youtube review by Leaford was just about a 601 knock off from a company with a less than stellar reputation here.

Last edited:

dmdonald2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
michigan
I have had mine for a little while now and there are things that I like and some things that I don't like. First it has good vapor production and battery life. Plus I like how easy it was to use. Just put the battery in, screw the carto on, then the mouth piece and your good to go. But there are some drawbacks to it. First if you leave the top cap on the carto then it has a tight draw (which I like in a pipe) but if you take the top cap off the carto it has a very airy draw (like you are sucking through a straw). Also it seems that if you use a different carto then what comes with it then it has a airy draw again. I have only tried boge 510 cartos that I got from madvapes so it could be different with another carto. Also sometimes the flavor does seem to get a little plastic taste after a while of use but after it is cleaned it is fine again. And finally (i am being picky here) screwing on the mouth piece can be a pain at times. In conclusion, for me I would have to say that I like it. For me it does what I need it to do which was to stop me from being tempted from lighting a pipe every now and then.

Hideto

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Check out the epipe links the OP gave.... From what I have seen this is about the most versatile pipe you will find in the current market.

I like the natural look and feel of an automatic pipe like the 601. Obvious batteries, big buttons, buttons over the bowl, all turn me off. I'm not looking for a powerful vaping experience in a pipe. I'm looking for a traditional pipe experience in a vaping device (as much as you can simulate one in a vaping device) if that makes sense. So I guess I'm looking for a cartomizer version of the 601, which the AZ pipe seems to do.

The other pipes are cool. Don't misunderstand me. They're just not what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I would love one from epipemods. Ive had very good experiences with the eGo Type B LR atomizers. Pretty long lasting considering my heavy usage. I like the idea of an eGo connector on a device. The bigger atty gives a lot more surface area and a plume of smoke. Whereas to get the same effect on a little 510 to get the same amount of vape it also has to be pretty hot i
've noticed in comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread