Dec 10, 2011
Dobbs Ferry NY

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
This is the one I bought a while back- Amazon.com: Ivation IVUC96S Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner with Adjustable Power, Removable 17-ounce Stainless Steel Wide Tank, Jewelry Basket, Watch & Earring Holder, CD DVD Stand, 5 Individual Cleaning Cycles & Auto-Shut-off - Generates 42, 000 Ultra S
It also has an 8 minute cycle option. It's right at your price range. I kinda wished I had bought a better one, with a 30 minute timer and water-heating option, but those are more like $70- $80. The one I bought seems ok, however.
That's the same one I have. I've been very happy with it. $39.95 and free shipping.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Keep in mind that these things have duty cycle limits for a reason. I suppose you could get one that would run for hours on end - but it would probably cost over $300.00

When you are shopping you need to be savvy, watching product description and looking for technical information. There are a lot of cheap jewelry cleaners out there described as "ultrasonic" - but they really aren't. There is a huge difference in the number of vibrations per second a real ultrasonic puts out versus a jewelry cleaner. (Actually most jewelry would be trashed by a real ultrasonic.)

Just be aware of what you are buying - that's all. If you want to steep some liquid a "sonic" jewelry cleaner will probably suffice, but if you want to clean gear you need a real ultrasonic. (And no - you can't get a real ultrasonic for 20 bucks on eBay. Sorry.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread