Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So doing a little research on it, and my biggest question. Will my VT75 (75W) power any of the coil heads they supply? If so, which coil head will work best.

mnCeZ2V.jpg

gCwuSTV.jpg

Most of those have suggested wattage above 75 (In the best suggestion range).

Also on the last 2 pictures, The V12-rba-T and the V12-rba Do you make your own compact coils on those, or do you buy them pre built?

I don't buy coils. I make all mine. If I'm goi g for exotic coils I make aliens and staggered fused claptons but I like the KISS method and make coils using 22g and 24g SS or Ni80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Is the TFV8 just as good?

I like all Smok products. I think they out a good product. The V12 can carry more juice. I had the V8 and didn't care for it so I gave it to a friend I work with. I went with the v12 for a tank to vape on different flavors that the RDA/RTA that I usually use.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
I like all Smok products. I think they out a good product. The V12 can carry more juice. I had the V8 and didn't care for it so I gave it to a friend I work with. I went with the v12 for a tank to vape on different flavors that the RDA/RTA that I usually use.

Thanks, I'll probably go with the V12 then. (It's got more horsepower) Plus if, or when I decide to buy a higher power mod, then I'll have a perfect tank to go with it. I just want it for when I have one flavor in the Merlin, and another flavor in a different tank. Plus I wouldn't have to mess with rebuilding when I am out and about.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Thanks, I'll probably go with the V12 then. (It's got more horsepower) Plus if, or when I decide to buy a higher power mod, then I'll have a perfect tank to go with it. I just want it for when I have one flavor in the Merlin, and another flavor in a different tank. Plus I wouldn't have to mess with rebuilding when I am out and about.

Sounds like you have a plan my friend. That's a good idea to get it so when you do get a mod with more oomph you have a tank that can handle it. Enjoy and let me know how you like it whenever you get it.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    These aren't cloud chasing tanks but they offer prebuilt coil heads in a variety of resistance, and have rba decks available. Check out the kanger toptank mini/subtank minis. Uwell crown. There's plenty more but I can't think of them right now lol. If you go the smok tf route be prepared to carry extra batteries and juice.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    First, by screw in atomizers you mean factory coils, right? I can tell you any of the Smok choices are very DL. You're not going to get a decent restricted DL or loose MTL out of them. I have 2 Smok tanks and they're great, but I would never consider them anything but real DL.

If you want something else that will allow you to use things from a real MTL to restricted DL, to full DL, take a look at a Tobeco Super tank. Very affordable and takes any Atlantis style coil. You can go from a Tobeco own SS notch coil 0.3 ohm that's great in TC mode (I've frequently used it that way) to a Vaporesso ceramic coil (I'd go with the new EUC cermaics and just buy a box that includes a BVC adapter sleeve) to a Triton 1.8 ohm MTL coil.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    First, by screw in atomizers you mean factory coils, right? I can tell you any of the Smok choices are very DL. You're not going to get a decent restricted DL or loose MTL out of them. I have 2 Smok tanks and they're great, but I would never consider them anything but real DL.

If you want something else that will allow you to use things from a real MTL to restricted DL, to full DL, take a look at a Tobeco Super tank. Very affordable and takes any Atlantis style coil. You can go from a Tobeco own SS notch coil 0.3 ohm that's great in TC mode (I've frequently used it that way) to a Vaporesso ceramic coil (I'd go with the new EUC cermaics and just buy a box that includes a BVC adapter sleeve) to a Triton 1.8 ohm MTL coil.
    Thanks. I'll look into those. And by screw in, I mean anything that you buy in packs that I don't have to use a screwdriver or grub screw to attach like the GS air 2. Something like this.
    iStick-basic-kit-14.jpg

I'm not really looking to cloud chase at all. I am just wanting something like the GS air 2, but much larger tank, and more air flow. I have made some new flavors, and I want to be able to switch flavors without rebuilding a coil or anything. I use the merlin as a DTL tank. So I want another restricted MTL for better flavor. I don't know if I will buy a higher power mod, because I still plan to quit vaping sometime in the future. 1-3ish years. maybe. I've quit vaping once for about a year and went back to smoking, so I started vaping again.

These aren't cloud chasing tanks but they offer prebuilt coil heads in a variety of resistance, and have rba decks available. Check out the kanger toptank mini/subtank minis. Uwell crown. There's plenty more but I can't think of them right now lol. If you go the smok tf route be prepared to carry extra batteries and juice.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Well, for factory coils, I find the Super tank series the most flexible. There are a ton of tanks from different manufacturers that will all fit. If I use it with a 1.8 ohm coil and close the air down, it's a tight draw. If I use a 0.3 ohm notch and have the air open all the way, it's a great DL. You can get them in a 25 mm ~5 ml size or a mini 23 mm ~3 ml size, same coils fit both. And you can find it for $15-20.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    Well, for factory coils, I find the Super tank series the most flexible. There are a ton of tanks from different manufacturers that will all fit. If I use it with a 1.8 ohm coil and close the air down, it's a tight draw. If I use a 0.3 ohm notch and have the air open all the way, it's a great DL. You can get them in a 25 mm ~5 ml size or a mini 23 mm ~3 ml size, same coils fit both. And you can find it for $15-20.
    They have so many new coils and atomizer types now, It's kind of hard to tell what I want. I just want something that is easy to replace the atty on like in the last picture. Something that has the coil and wick together that can quickly be changed. And also a MTL type draw.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    They have so many new coils and atomizer types now, It's kind of hard to tell what I want. I just want something that is easy to replace the atty on like in the last picture. Something that has the coil and wick together that can quickly be changed. And also a MTL type draw.

That's what the Super tank takes. If you want a really tight MTL then a Nauti, Nauti 2, or Triton mini are also worth looking at, but they are really MTL only.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    That's what the Super tank takes. If you want a really tight MTL then a Nauti, Nauti 2, or Triton mini are also worth looking at, but they are really MTL only.

Thanks. I've made a list of all the suggested tanks in this thread, so now it's on to process of elimination. Have you had any experience with ceramic elements? Such as the Freemax Starre Pure.

Here is my list so far.

Freemax Starre Pure
    Aspire Nautilus
    TFV12
    kanger toptank mini/subtank minis
    Uwell crown
    Tobeco Super tank

Also do they sell coils/atomizers that work in TC mode?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Lakeland, Fl. USA
    Thanks. I've made a list of all the suggested tanks in this thread, so now it's on to process of elimination. Have you had any experience with ceramic elements? Such as the Freemax Starre Pure.

Here is my list so far.

Freemax Starre Pure
    Aspire Nautilus
    TFV12
    kanger toptank mini/subtank minis
    Uwell crown
    Tobeco Super tank

Also do they sell coils/atomizers that work in TC mode?

If I were you I would get on YouTube and watch reviews of every tank you have on your list and make a decision on what you want to buy.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    If I were you I would get on YouTube and watch reviews of every tank you have on your list and make a decision on what you want to buy.

Yea, First I'm bookmarking links that have said items in stock and have a good price. I might end up buying more than one tank. I've never used a ceramic element in a tank, so I will have to research that one a bit.

But thanks again for your help.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Lakeland, Fl. USA
    Yea, First I'm bookmarking links that have said items in stock and have a good price. I might end up buying more than one tank. I've never used a ceramic element in a tank, so I will have to research that one a bit.

But thanks again for your help.

Ceramic coils will give you the best and most pure flavor.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    Which version of the Uwell Crown were you talking about?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Lakeland, Fl. USA
    Do they tend to last as long or longer than regular coils? And can they be cleaned and reused?

Not sure. I haven't used them in my tank. The tanks I use are RTA's or I use the RBA deck for the tank such as the TFV12. I'm not a big fan of tanks to begin with, I'm more of an RDA kind of guy so anything I'm using I'm building coils to suit my vaping style and I use mostly the RDA's and RTA's on mechs. Sorry I'm not any help on that. You may want to watch reviews on ceramic coils on YouTube and see what the reviewers have to say or do a search either on here or on google.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I would suggest that you add the eGo ONE Mega series of tanks to your research list. Several "style" options available. MANY GS Air users have switched to them. The preferred coil for them is the CLR. The coil is rebuildable(no screws), rewickable or at less than $8 for a 5 pack you can just toss 'em.

You can find a great gang of characters here who'll be happy to bring you up to speed on these tank AND where to find a great deal on them!

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2014
    missouri
    I would suggest that you add the eGo ONE Mega series of tanks to your research list. Several "style" options available. MANY GS Air users have switched to them. The preferred coil for them is the CLR. The coil is rebuildable(no screws), rewickable or at less than $8 for a 5 pack you can just toss 'em.

You can find a great gang of characters here who'll be happy to bring you up to speed on these tank AND where to find a great deal on them!

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Will do thanks.

Reactions: Foggy Road
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread