Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm looking for a protank - type RTA; meaning

1: glass tank; I'd want spare glass replacement tubes; preferably a steel tank option;
2: refills just like regular protank/evod/nautilus etc common bottom coil clearos.
Meaning you just turn it over, unscrew atomizer piece, and fill from the bottom plus you can adjust coil without having to dump liquid out of the tank.

The squape looks like it except its not a glass tank.

1884202-2.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking at the Squape R and the Rose V2. You can find cheap clones of each. I think the Rose comes with a PMMA tank, but you may be able to get glass. Both can be filled without leaks and worked on without dumping your tank.

A Kayfun could do it for you too. I'm not the biggest fan because of the small airflow but lots of people love them.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I would recommend the Taifun GT. The clones that FT has are great. The "B" model is supposed to be the best. You can purchase a metal tank for it too.
Easy to fill just like the ProTank from the bottom. No draining the tank if you need to change the wick or coil.
Unfortunately it does not come with a glass tank.

What is the "B" model? I do see a "V2" model... I link would be great.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I've been looking at the Squape R and the Rose V2. You can find cheap clones of each. I think the Rose comes with a PMMA tank, but you may be able to get glass. Both can be filled without leaks and worked on without dumping your tank.

A Kayfun could do it for you too. I'm not the biggest fan because of the small airflow but lots of people love them.

Rose looks interesting:
1848800-3.jpg

I wonder why there's no posts inthe pic?

I wonder what mod it works hybrid with.

Oh! ceramic cup; I like that.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Rose doesn't have posts. The coil leads go down the outer 2 holes and the grub screws are on the sides of the base. It doesn't hybridize with anything. Its also a more difficult build.

Check out the Lemo. Glass tank and you can buy replacements. Sets up like a kayfun, but larger deck so easier. It can hybridize with the Evic Supreme.

The Taifun GT is very easy. No glass tank, but you can buy a full ss one for it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I got a kayfun 3.1 recently and I find filling is too much of a pain; I don't want to have to be constantly dumping out my liquid to fiddle with the coil; once you figure it out I suppose it's not an issue, but I don't want to go through all that just to learn how to handle the kayfun when the design is so easy to fix.

I also don't like the fill hole design; this thing about an "L" shaped hole in the atomizer base with a tiny valve inside; sooner or later something is going to go wrong inside of there, and my whole reason for buying rebuildables is to have something that basically works forever.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I think some of us want a rebuildable coil. Once juice is in the tank we want to be able to remove the bottom to tinker with the coil, but not dump the juice.

If I understand everyone correctly...

Yes;
So far I see:
1: Taifun GT
1632903-1.jpg

2: Rose V2
1849800-2.jpg

3: Squape reloaded
1882100-2.jpg

4: Expromizer
1855901-1.jpg

5: Heron
1830408-2.jpg

6: Fogger
1873701-1.jpg

you can turn the tank over and unscrew the tank with the liquid in it; put the upside down tank in a cup, and you can adjust your coil and/or wick;

or like when you have a few such tanks and the tank you're vaping on is giving a problem, you turn it upside down, take the tank off, and put on a different atomizer. Done; no worries about juice going all over the place; no needle or needlebottle, no screwdriver; no vacuum worries.

Last edited:

whtfang

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Florida
That's why I like the Taifuns. Call me the Taifun Junkie!!

So far I have a total of 6 & another one on the way. All from FT. I have 2 of the "A", 2 of the "B", a new Rainbow Colored one & another new one with the Pink removeable center tank with the polished SS body, cap & 1/2 tank. Also have the Nano SS cap, the set of Nano plastic tanks, 2 SS full size tanks & the set of the multicolor full sized plastic tanks.

As far as quality goes, the B is the best. That's the one for 21.36. The A is great but the machining on the B is a bit better.

The only problem that I see with the Rainbow Colored one & the SS/Pink Tank one is that the wick slots are too small. I filed out the Rainbow Colored one & going to do the other one (sku# 1859801) What I like about these 2 are that the tanks screw apart in 2 pcs.& you can buy replacement plastic center tanks.

BTW-all the tanks fit on both the A & the B also. That's why I just bought another one, the SS/Blue Tank (sku#1859802) along with the 4 pk of multicolor replacement tanks.

I also have 2 of the Squape Reloaded clones from FT coming (sku# 1882100). Just saw today that now they have them with the glass tanks. Oh well, I will try these out & if I like them, might buy a couple of the glass tanked ones.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I notice the steel tank for the taifun SKU 1544800
is only listed as being compatible with •Compatible with SKU 1527301 which is the type A.

And comparing the type a and b one is 87 mm tall and the other is 84.6mm.
So I'm wondering if the steel tank would work on the B.

---edit---
nvw, in the reviews somebody mentioned it worked with their Sku 1632903 which is the B!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
The eXpromizer is very similar to the Kayfun, except that it is filled Protank style.

You can buy a glass tank separately, but I cannot recommend it. The glass is what holds the tank together, and it's way too thin. Also, the o-rings are too weak.

With a plastic or steel tank, it's a very good atomizer, though.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
No one's mentioned this yet so I'll Throw it out there... an EHPro Pontus. According to Rip Trippers it's a sucky dripper and I agree because it vapes like a RTA! It has good vapor and flavor similar to a kayfun, Tobh deck so easy building anytime, glass tank (comes with two!) and super easy to fill just unscrew the bottom chamber and fill exactly like a protank. Other people complain about them but I love RTA's and I love my Pontus V1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread