Status
Not open for further replies.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
I'm not a big fan of the mods with extra tubes to switch out so I'm looking for a higher end mechanical that telescopes. I'm looking for something small and don't really like the look of brass on the exterior. I really prefer 22mm so I have a good selection of atties that would fit smoothly

If you have any suggestions/recommendations I'd love to hear them and if you don't mind telling me why you suggest it, I would appreciate it.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Have you considered a Gus Telescopic, Atmizoo Roller, Atmomixani 69 Telescopic, or GG Telescopic Storm? The Gus is a bottom button mod, the Roller and 69 are side button mods, and the GGTS is a pinky button mod. I mention these because they are higher end mechanical telescopic mods of different styles that come to mind that can be bought or found.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
The 69 and Gus telescope are definitely on my radar. Both are great looking mods. Does anybody know which is smaller?

The roller looks decent too. Does that 510 connection allow for atomizers to sit flat on the mod or is there a gap? Some of the pictures I see make it look like it sticks out but maybe it's adjustable? Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the dingo and the roller?

I apologize if I offend people with this and I'm sure it vapes fantastically but it just looks like a lumpy plumbing fixture to me. I'm aware it's designed for functionality but it's kinda big and goofy and I'm looking for small and sleek. Plus it's probably the hardest to get, let alone one without the brass parts which is a big turn off for me.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that if I'm going to make that kind of investment it's going to be a product I love.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
+1 on Firestorm's suggestions. I have the Gus and Roller. For pure size, esp in 18350 mode, the GUS is one of the smallest there is and really easy to clean. But you might have to find an after market center pin and switch if you want best performance. The Roller is one sexy mod. Slightly longer but has silver contacts, a really good switch and hits great out of the box, no modding required. Just be aware its a bit of a pain when it comes to maintenance. I can see myself getting tired of cleaning all those tiny parts.

The Nzonic is not a bad mod either. Not as good looking as the Roller but there is something about the size and heft that really feels good in the hand. Very nice switch and easy maintenance. Finally, you can look up the Super T ELA. Don't have mine yet but by all accounts, its one of the best out there and easy maintenance.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions and the information on the Gus/Roller. I've heard a lot of good things about Super T manufacturing.

Just to clarify, I'm looking for:

- small
- 22mm
- no external brass
- telescopic
- atomizers fit flat and fit the edges of the mod (I'm not a fan of the beveled edge on mods like the Nzonic)

Are the Gus, 69 and potentially the Roller (depending on if the connector is flush?) the only mods with those features?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The 69 and Gus telescope are definitely on my radar. Both are great looking mods. Does anybody know which is smaller?

The roller looks decent too. Does that 510 connection allow for atomizers to sit flat on the mod or is there a gap? Some of the pictures I see make it look like it sticks out but maybe it's adjustable? Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the dingo and the roller?

I apologize if I offend people with this and I'm sure it vapes fantastically but it just looks like a lumpy plumbing fixture to me. I'm aware it's designed for functionality but it's kinda big and goofy and I'm looking for small and sleek. Plus it's probably the hardest to get, let alone one without the brass parts which is a big turn off for me.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that if I'm going to make that kind of investment it's going to be a product I love.

The Roller has two 510 connector types. Classic and Recessed. Mine came with both. If you use tanks or RBAs, you will use the recessed. Your tank will sit flush, with no gap.

Vincent_Diesel

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
I too was concerned with the diameter of the Astro Mod and wanted something to sit flush with my atomizers. Having said that I wanted something small and will travel easily -- not something uncomfortable like a Lightsaber in my pocket.

I also have a setup that is 22mm in diameter top to bottom, very similar to a hybrid. Although it looks greats with it clean lines, my fingers find it difficult to grip at times because there's nothing to grip to -- the sides are so flat.

I pieced together a combo that I am happy with, although when I was first looking for a setup I had the same requirements as you did.

The Astro is a great looking mod but because of the diameter, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread