Status
Not open for further replies.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
Hello Folks!

I just got my GeekVape Aegis yesterday and looking for a larger tank (my Kayfun 5 looks tiny on it lol).

Things I am looking for in a tank:
*Single coil
*top fill
*preferably with a poly/plastic see through tank section (no glass)
*preferably holds at least 4 or 5 mil of juice so I can make it through my shift without running out of juice (I have noticed higher wattage and more air use up juice faster lol)

I vape around 1.8 ohms at around 12-15 watts, and am looking for something rugged because this will be coming to work and I have a physical job.

thanks
deryk

Reactions: KC0YNU

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well no glass let’s out most of the larger tanks. I put an aromamizer 7 plus on mine and it looks great. It does have a glass tank but comes with a vape band which I use and haven’t broken the glass yet (thank god, the the N.Y. holds 10ml). It’s royal or single coil. I’ve been running a .5ohm 3.5mm 22ga single coil in it and doing fine since I got the wicking right

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
1.8ohm sounds like MTL to me.
Why don't you go with a Kayfun clone?
Although it has no see-through plastic tank, it comes with a stainless steel tanksection, is singlecoil, holds 4ml and has topfill.
FT offers the KF5 or KF Prime for about 15$.

ok, having a problem typing responses when the box to type in isn't popping up. What is MTL? I have a real kayfun 5 on it right now... was just looking for a fatter tank that would look better on it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
ok, having a problem typing responses when the box to type in isn't popping up. What is MTL? I have a real kayfun 5 on it right now... was just looking for a fatter tank that would look better on it.
MTL Mouth To Lung you take the smoke into your mouth before breathing it in. It's the way cigarettes are generally smoked. It stands in contrast to DL Direct Lung which typifies the big cloud sub ohm atomizers.
they are much airer with large air inlet ports. MTL tanks need to be small because they dont move that much air and need a smaller chamber to maintain flavor. the aromamizer 7 is not a MTL tank. The vaping style is fundamentally different.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Part of the problem i suspect is that the bulbous nature of the kayfun 5 makes it look bad on almost anything but a tube mech. Just about any other mod is likely to be a visual improvement.
one option might be to go the opposite direction. Get a really small RDA so it kind of disappears into the mod.

ageis + aromamizer 7 plus
IMG_0023.jpg

ageis + derringer RDA
IMG_0022.jpg

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016

@MTL
What bombastinator said

Perhaps the 24mm Cthulhu Hastur MTL is more to your liking. Although I don't know, if the spare tank is plastic or just frosted glass.
The 24mm VandyVape Berserker might also look nice.
As far as plastic tank sections go, there might be some aftermarket options too, but I haven't checked that.

Reactions: deryk

Jooboy

Dec 20, 2013
uk
Hello Folks!

I just got my GeekVape Aegis yesterday and looking for a larger tank (my Kayfun 5 looks tiny on it lol).

Things I am looking for in a tank:
*Single coil
*top fill
*preferably with a poly/plastic see through tank section (no glass)
*preferably holds at least 4 or 5 mil of juice so I can make it through my shift without running out of juice (I have noticed higher wattage and more air use up juice faster lol)

I vape around 1.8 ohms at around 12-15 watts, and am looking for something rugged because this will be coming to work and I have a physical job.

thanks
deryk
GEEKVAPE ZEUS!
Made for the job

• Winner
Reactions: KC0YNU

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I am a mechanic and use the Aegis with a Zeus on top, 1.5ish ohm coil of 28ga Kanthal A1 at 25-30 watts with airflow closed down 12mg 70/30 juice.

the Zeus tanks with a vape band have been holding up well for me, they come with a spare glass along with a bunch of o rings.

I would recommend as I was recommended to, get some of the hex grub screws listed earlier on with in this thread.

GeekVape Zeus RTA

I do understand this is a glass, not poly tank, however it is working for me in my rough environment. YMMV
Hope this helps

• Informative
Reactions: Cirus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread