The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for a suggestion for a tank for my Geekvape Aegis

Discussion in 'RTA' started by deryk, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. deryk

deryk Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello Folks!

I just got my GeekVape Aegis yesterday and looking for a larger tank (my Kayfun 5 looks tiny on it lol).

Things I am looking for in a tank:
    *Single coil
    *top fill
    *preferably with a poly/plastic see through tank section (no glass)
    *preferably holds at least 4 or 5 mil of juice so I can make it through my shift without running out of juice (I have noticed higher wattage and more air use up juice faster lol)

I vape around 1.8 ohms at around 12-15 watts, and am looking for something rugged because this will be coming to work and I have a physical job.

thanks
    deryk

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Well no glass let’s out most of the larger tanks. I put an aromamizer 7 plus on mine and it looks great. It does have a glass tank but comes with a vape band which I use and haven’t broken the glass yet (thank god, the the N.Y. holds 10ml). It’s royal or single coil. I’ve been running a .5ohm 3.5mm 22ga single coil in it and doing fine since I got the wicking right

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Ijoy EXO RTA might be what you want except for the tank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    There is the aromamizer 7 plus’s RDA option:
    You take the tank off entirely and screw the top to the base. No glass and the thing still holds 2ml

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. mimöschen

mimöschen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2016
    1.8ohm sounds like MTL to me.
    Why don't you go with a Kayfun clone?
    Although it has no see-through plastic tank, it comes with a stainless steel tanksection, is singlecoil, holds 4ml and has topfill.
    FT offers the KF5 or KF Prime for about 15$.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. deryk

ok, having a problem typing responses when the box to type in isn't popping up. What is MTL? I have a real kayfun 5 on it right now... was just looking for a fatter tank that would look better on it.

7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    MTL Mouth To Lung you take the smoke into your mouth before breathing it in. It's the way cigarettes are generally smoked. It stands in contrast to DL Direct Lung which typifies the big cloud sub ohm atomizers.
    they are much airer with large air inlet ports. MTL tanks need to be small because they dont move that much air and need a smaller chamber to maintain flavor. the aromamizer 7 is not a MTL tank. The vaping style is fundamentally different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Part of the problem i suspect is that the bulbous nature of the kayfun 5 makes it look bad on almost anything but a tube mech. Just about any other mod is likely to be a visual improvement.
    one option might be to go the opposite direction. Get a really small RDA so it kind of disappears into the mod.

ageis + aromamizer 7 plus
    IMG_0023.jpg

ageis + derringer RDA
    IMG_0022.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    @MTL
    What bombastinator said

Perhaps the 24mm Cthulhu Hastur MTL is more to your liking. Although I don't know, if the spare tank is plastic or just frosted glass.
    The 24mm VandyVape Berserker might also look nice.
    As far as plastic tank sections go, there might be some aftermarket options too, but I haven't checked that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. deryk

yeah the glass is always a problem, I broke 2 glass tanks at work this summer hence why I am leery of glass. The Aromamizer Plus I might try with that rubber band that goes over the glass tank... guess it should give it some protection.

11. mimöschen

Jul 15, 2016
    Rubber bands aka vape bands can be obtained for every tank though ;)
    And the Aromamizer will certainly not vape like the tanks you are used to.
    But for DL the Aromamizer is not a bad option.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jooboy

Jooboy Full Member

Dec 20, 2013
    uk
    GEEKVAPE ZEUS!
    Made for the job

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. deryk

needs an acrylic tank... only comes with one glass section.

14. KC0YNU

KC0YNU Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    I am a mechanic and use the Aegis with a Zeus on top, 1.5ish ohm coil of 28ga Kanthal A1 at 25-30 watts with airflow closed down 12mg 70/30 juice.

the Zeus tanks with a vape band have been holding up well for me, they come with a spare glass along with a bunch of o rings.

I would recommend as I was recommended to, get some of the hex grub screws listed earlier on with in this thread.

GeekVape Zeus RTA

I do understand this is a glass, not poly tank, however it is working for me in my rough environment. YMMV
    Hope this helps

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.