Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think he means a metal replacement for the glass tank. Never seen one for the TFV series.
This seems like the least insane option, so let’s go with it: a glass tank is basically just a tube with a specific interior diameter, thickness, and length. It doesn’t matter if it’s made out of glass, stainless, or cheese.

All that is required is to measure the tank, find some tubing of the correct material (not cheese) with the correct ID and wall thickness, and cut it to length. Sounds like micrometer time followed by a perusal though the more industrial areas of internet mail order.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
This seems like the least insane option, so let’s go with it: a glass tank is basically just a tube with a specific interior diameter, thickness, and length. It doesn’t matter if it’s made out of glass, stainless, or cheese.

All that is required is to measure the tank, find some tubing of the correct material (not cheese) with the correct ID and wall thickness, and cut it to length. Sounds like micrometer time followed by a perusal though the more industrial areas of internet mail order.
And why not cheese. Delicious and easy to shape!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
my bad, yeah, I am looking for a metal outer ring, a replacement for the glass. I have those rubber bands around mine and I still seem to break the darn things.
Yeah, the rubber band things are at best semi-effective. The downside of metal tanks is you can’t tell when you run out of juice. The best solution I’ve seen so far is some sort of resilient metal cage around the glass like the nautilus2 has. They only do it on MTL tanks though for some reason. I buy glass in bulk from Chinese websites when I can. Got 4 glass tubes waiting for me to drop an Amit RTA again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread