Looking for rda coil build suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
So I made the mistake of getting an omega at VapeBash and it is a pain to do builds on but I pretty much got it down. Just recently I purchased a stillare both clones btw omega is ehpro and stillare is hcigar from cigtechs if anyone is wondering. I also purchased a stingray from cigtechs with a Sony vtc5. Anyway I want to use the omega as single coil and the stillare dual, I am not looking to cloud chase but won't mind having big clouds. What would your suggestions as far as a single coil build for the omega and a dual for the stillare? I have 32g, 30g and 28G kanthal available but won't mind purchasing lower if needed and I am using organic cotton as wicking material. Right now the omega has no build in it and the stillare is at around .8 or.7 ohms I am currently vaping on more premium juices like suicide bunny Mother's Milk , ragna rok loki, the standard vape tater, Blackhawk napalm, Adam bomb Paradise, space jam and some others I am also getting my first zamplebox in a couple days. Anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time

Also I have a ProVari and planning to use the omega on it but won't mind sub ohming and using it on the stingray

... Sent from my LG G2

Last edited:

Lord Cardigan

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm pretty new to building, but I've a few suggestions.

I've had a lot of success with like, super tiny coils on a bed of cotton. Usually around 1.0 ohm, works quite well.
Dragon wicking is also easy for a beginner.
Lately, since I got the Igo w6, just been focusing on vertical coils in a quad setup. Hovering around .7, it's great.
Youtube is your friend.

CloudsinCrowds

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
United States
Play around with different Inner diameter sizes of the coil once you get some time with all of that under your belt you can start to playwith parallel coils and twisted coils and other various fun things. Start slow work your way up.

Always use an ohm meter! Check for shorts...ALWAYS Its good you have a nice battery with a high amp rating.
A functioning knowledge of ohms law and how many amps you are drawing off of your battery is extremely important. So get your ducks in a row and have a blast.
By the way i build with 26ga and 24ga for mechs and i use 28ga for regulated mods.
I dont want sound preachy but when you get into twisted and parallel setups especially with 26ga or lower wire you start to venture pretty low ohm wise.
So have a blast, hope i helped!

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
Play around with different Inner diameter sizes of the coil once you get some time with all of that under your belt you can start to playwith parallel coils and twisted coils and other various fun things. Start slow work your way up.

Always use an ohm meter! Check for shorts...ALWAYS Its good you have a nice battery with a high amp rating.
A functioning knowledge of ohms law and how many amps you are drawing off of your battery is extremely important. So get your ducks in a row and have a blast.
By the way i build with 26ga and 24ga for mechs and i use 28ga for regulated mods.
I dont want sound preachy but when you get into twisted and parallel setups especially with 26ga or lower wire you start to venture pretty low ohm wise.
So have a blast, hope i helped!

I have an a multimeter and I have an ohms law app and vapers Toolbox app. I did a lot of research for battery safety and all that good stuff. I doubt I will get into super sub ohms soon but I will at some point. Just looking for more flavor for the single coil for the omega and more of a mix of flavor and vapor production for the stillare dual coil. I currently have 9 wraps on a 1/16th drill bit dual coil on the s the stillare getting good results. I was just wondering what suggestions people may have. I know some people do 5/64 3/32

... Sent from my LG G2

Anthal69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Albany, Oregon
I use a nimbus at 1.9 ohms. My air hole is drilled out to 1/16" and the vapor production is almost on par with a .9 ohm dual coil caterpillar. All micro coils wrapped at 3/32" 28ga. The biggest thing to remember with single coils is to make sure the coil is RIGHT in line with the air hole. Both horizontally and vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread