Looking for something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberSoul

Nov 4, 2011
NY State
Want to try something new. I have gone through the eGo tanks, dct tanks, cartomizers, OCD carto-tank and clearomizers. Want to try something rebuild able but don't know where to start. I have seen a lot of mentions of genny setups but don't know what that entails. I am not opposed to some hands on labor. Does anyone have some good links for some rebuild-able setups?

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Are you looking for something that has a tank for all day vaping? Or a dripping setup?

Of all that are out there, my instant suggestions would be

For dripping:

Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer - Clone
IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer

For Genesis Style:

AGA Tiamat PLUS - Rebuildable Atomizer

For a bottom coil Odysseus clone:

Terminator Rebuildable Atomizer - Stainless Steel

All of these have served me very well, and once you learn how to use them they perform as well or much better than their disposable counterparts.

The dripping setups, Phoenix and IGO-L are MUCH easier to build, so it's a good stepping stone to get into RBA's...

The AGA-T+ and Terminator-C are a bit more complicated, but certainly not too bad... Both work very well...

None of these come with any instructions, so YouTube is your friend... Lots of videos on them, including some I have made on my YouTube channel, which is linked in my signature.

Good luck in your search!

RubberSoul

Nov 4, 2011
NY State
Are you looking for something that has a tank for all day vaping? Or a dripping setup?

Of all that are out there, my instant suggestions would be

For dripping:

Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer - Clone
IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer

For Genesis Style:

AGA Tiamat PLUS - Rebuildable Atomizer

For a bottom coil Odysseus clone:

Terminator Rebuildable Atomizer - Stainless Steel

All of these have served me very well, and once you learn how to use them they perform as well or much better than their disposable counterparts.

The dripping setups, Phoenix and IGO-L are MUCH easier to build, so it's a good stepping stone to get into RBA's...

The AGA-T+ and Terminator-C are a bit more complicated, but certainly not too bad... Both work very well...

None of these come with any instructions, so YouTube is your friend... Lots of videos on them, including some I have made on my YouTube channel, which is linked in my signature.

Good luck in your search!

Looking for Genesis style. Something like thuis:
AGA-T Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer | Rebuildable Tanks | Vaperite.com

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Yup, the AGA Tiamat Plus I linked is basically the same thing, but the top cap is pressure fit onto the atomizer by two o-rings...

With the standard AGA-T you linked, it screws down.

The issue is, if the air hole in the top cap doesn't align properly with the wick, you can get a really harsh throat hit. Almost unbearable... And if it screws down you really have no control over that...

With the pressure fit setup, you can adjust the air hole position to be right next to the wick for a nice smooth vape. Or, if you like you can offset it from the wick slightly which offers a little more throat hit. Point is, YOU control it... Not the chinese manufacturer with zero quality control that just machines the threads and pops an air hole wherever the cap ends up on his drill press :)

I would go with the AGA-T+ or the AGA-T2. The T2 comes with a pyrex tank, albeit of questionable quality. Some of them come nice and smooth, some come jagged as heck... If you ended up with a jagged one, IBTanked has very nice cut pyrex tanks for the AGA-T style RBA's for a reasonable price ($11 shipped)

RubberSoul

Nov 4, 2011
NY State
Yup, the AGA Tiamat Plus I linked is basically the same thing, but the top cap is pressure fit onto the atomizer by two o-rings...

With the standard AGA-T you linked, it screws down.

The issue is, if the air hole in the top cap doesn't align properly with the wick, you can get a really harsh throat hit. Almost unbearable... And if it screws down you really have no control over that...

With the pressure fit setup, you can adjust the air hole position to be right next to the wick for a nice smooth vape. Or, if you like you can offset it from the wick slightly which offers a little more throat hit. Point is, YOU control it... Not the chinese manufacturer with zero quality control that just machines the threads and pops an air hole wherever the cap ends up on his drill press :)

I would go with the AGA-T+ or the AGA-T2. The T2 comes with a pyrex tank, albeit of questionable quality. Some of them come nice and smooth, some come jagged as heck... If you ended up with a jagged one, IBTanked has very nice cut pyrex tanks for the AGA-T style RBA's for a reasonable price ($11 shipped)

Thanks! I actuallly have an IBTanked right now. Its not hittin that good bit I am guessing it can be fixed with a new carto. The actual tank is awesome! Super solid.

Looking for this AGA-T Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer | Rebuildable Tanks | Vaperite.com Basically the cheapest price.

Uncle Artie

Feb 20, 2013
The Moon
What is the benefit of a rebuildable one? New to the site (obviously) and not really up with all the possibilites with e-cigs yet.

I just use E-lites (UK brand) and refill them, which they don't mention is possible, but is in fact very easy. Good battery, just buy a few of their tips and some e-liquid of your choosing and you're good to go. Only brand I've tried, but had zero problems with it so not seen a need to try anything else yet.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Now, this is just my opinion...

I think the concept behind rebuildable atomizers is that you have a quality "skeleton" that can be utilized for many years, and you simply change out the guts of the device when they wear out. So the wick and coil are "easilly" repaired / replaced, and in theory the hardware and software for the device should be readilly available.

It's been my experience that when you set them up properly, they have great flavor as well, and give a great vaping experience...

With all that said, rebuildables, and especially Genesis styles, are not for beginners... They can be a real thorn in your side. They take a lot of practice getting them set up right. They take a solid initial investment over a regular e-cig, and could take well over a year before you see a return on your investment. Similar, in that respect, to investing in solar panels for your home.

While I do enjoy my RBA's, I also enjoy my cartomizer / tank setups just as well... And with a good tank, you just toss the cartomizer in the trash when the coil pops or the thing just gets too gunked up inside. I've had carto's last a couple of weeks...

I picked up 25 cartomizers for a dollar each... So my tank and carto setup is good for a year for ~$25

A decent Genesis clone RBA will run around $30, plus extra stainless steel mesh for ~$6 and some resistance wire for coils at ~$10 for 100' of wire... So you end up with an initial investment of around ~$50 to get into a decent RBA setup, with enough materials to last you for a while.

So I wouldn't look at it as a means to save money, that's for sure. It's a different juice delivery system, and IMO it offers a great vape experience. But for those looking at RBA's as a means to save some cash in the long run, I would say there are probably better alternatives.

Just my :2c:

If you like what you're using, no need to switch until you're ready for a change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread