The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

looking to get back to vaping

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by squirts, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. squirts

squirts Full Member

Jan 22, 2018
    singapore
    Hello everyone!

I've been vaping for about 2 years when I lived in texas.
    Started with BLU e-cigarettes which basically look like a black ciggie with a blue tip which lights up when you take a draw, and ended up with a basic ePen type with a tank. made for a real handy smoke when i commute 40 minutes to work every day.

Long story short, back in sg now, can't seem to get my hands on a proper ecig/epen/apv and started smoking normal cigs again. hate it, and really want to get back to vaping. (i'm a pack a day smoker).

Just can't wait to be verified so that I can finally make my necessary purchases!

Go Longhorns!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Howdy and welcome :) you don’t need to be verified to buy online, just to trade used stuff. Most of what is sold there is high end collector stuff you don’t want anyway. Unless you happen to get a bit lucky you won’t save a ton of money over buying from an online store, and there are lots of options for you available now here. The standard suggestion for a beginner vape lately is a pico 25 kit which should run you a bit over $50. If that is too much money there are cheaper options available

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vaperer

Vaperer Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2017
    Oh Lordy you was off of the cancer sticks for 2 years? Get back to vaping that's for certain to stay away from them cigarettes they will put you in the grave. Good luck! I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for 35 years the damage is already done but I'm trying to stop any further damage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Vaperer

Dec 10, 2017
    Just curious where SG is?
    South Georgia?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Tough place to live and get in gear. Don't think you'll have better luck in classifies. May have to find the black market over there, imagine you'll pay through the nose.
    Welcome to ECF. Best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Singapore

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    This is a tough situation being in SG for sure. I'm not sure how many folks will ship there even in the classifieds, and though you may get lucky, it is true that some of the gear there may not be exactly what you need.

I'd check in in the Singapore forum if you haven't to get pointers. Any black market is going to charge you more, and I'd be very wary of fraud (and "Inspectors" posing as sellers) so I think you will get your best help there. I'm sorry that it's going to hard to get vaping equipment other than (possibly, I think they might sell) big tobacco stuff, since they're taxing that as well. I wish you all the best of luck.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Vaperer

Dec 10, 2017
    Oh I didn't know SG stood for Singapore. Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It's on his avatar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is It Legal To 'Vape' An E-Cigarette In Singapore? | Men's Health Singapore

I know chewing gum is also illegal in Singapore. I wonder if they have nicotine chewing gum.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. squirts

squirts Full Member

Jan 22, 2018
    singapore
    yeah i managed to stop. started chewing and spitting some of the good ol copenhagen dip (illegal in singapore. no surprises there!) and thought e cigs would be a good alternative!

• Like Like x 2
  12. squirts

squirts Full Member

Jan 22, 2018
    singapore
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Vaperer

Dec 10, 2017
    I tried the chewing tobacco route a couple times. It just gave me nausea and I threw up from it. I tried Copenhagen skoal Redman mail pouch. Chewing tobacco is just not for me. Why is it against the law in Singapore?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I can't say with any certainy, but like most government decisions it boils down to money. Imported cigarettes are most likely highly taxed and the government gets accustomed to that chunk of money. E-cigarettes are viewed as a threat to the government getting that money so instead of taxing e-cigarettes they decided to ban them.

An example of this theory is in the video below, although it relates more to what happened in the US:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Vaperer

Dec 10, 2017
    I agree with that video and I understand where you're coming from now at this point. I live in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. U.S.A Cigarettes went from 1.25 a pack around 2000 2001 all the way up to $10 a pack today. So the government's losing money on taxes because nobody's buying cigarettes anymore so I don't know what's going to happen here. I just hope it don't end up being like it is in Singapore. Do you mind if I ask you another question can you be criminally prosecuted if you're in possession of tobacco or nicotine or e-cigarettes in Singapore? If so somebody needs to change your laws. Don't have anything else to add except for I feel bad for you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Singapore is a weird country man.

This is the gum law. I don't even want to know what happens to vape stuff once it goes into full effect.

16 odd things that are illegal in Singapore

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Yes, people can be prosecuted in Singapore. Products can be seized in customs and the consumers are usually given scare tactics if not formally prosecuted. It is indeed a very bad situation.

Vaping is banned in Singapore!

Apparently there are very restrictive laws just for smoking in Singapore. Generally what goes for smoking goes for vaping, too.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Vaperer

Dec 10, 2017
    HOLY. CRAPOLA. Now that's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen come down the pike in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. Dunno how to help you in Red Dot, but I'll wish you good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.