looking to get back to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirts

Jan 22, 2018
singapore
Hello everyone!

I've been vaping for about 2 years when I lived in texas.
Started with BLU e-cigarettes which basically look like a black ciggie with a blue tip which lights up when you take a draw, and ended up with a basic ePen type with a tank. made for a real handy smoke when i commute 40 minutes to work every day.

Long story short, back in sg now, can't seem to get my hands on a proper ecig/epen/apv and started smoking normal cigs again. hate it, and really want to get back to vaping. (i'm a pack a day smoker).

Just can't wait to be verified so that I can finally make my necessary purchases!

Go Longhorns!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :) you don’t need to be verified to buy online, just to trade used stuff. Most of what is sold there is high end collector stuff you don’t want anyway. Unless you happen to get a bit lucky you won’t save a ton of money over buying from an online store, and there are lots of options for you available now here. The standard suggestion for a beginner vape lately is a pico 25 kit which should run you a bit over $50. If that is too much money there are cheaper options available

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Oh Lordy you was off of the cancer sticks for 2 years? Get back to vaping that's for certain to stay away from them cigarettes they will put you in the grave. Good luck! I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for 35 years the damage is already done but I'm trying to stop any further damage.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Hello everyone!

I've been vaping for about 2 years when I lived in texas.
Started with BLU e-cigarettes which basically look like a black ciggie with a blue tip which lights up when you take a draw, and ended up with a basic ePen type with a tank. made for a real handy smoke when i commute 40 minutes to work every day.

Long story short, back in sg now, can't seem to get my hands on a proper ecig/epen/apv and started smoking normal cigs again. hate it, and really want to get back to vaping. (i'm a pack a day smoker).

Just can't wait to be verified so that I can finally make my necessary purchases!

Go Longhorns!
Just curious where SG is?
South Georgia?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This is a tough situation being in SG for sure. I'm not sure how many folks will ship there even in the classifieds, and though you may get lucky, it is true that some of the gear there may not be exactly what you need.

I'd check in in the Singapore forum if you haven't to get pointers. Any black market is going to charge you more, and I'd be very wary of fraud (and "Inspectors" posing as sellers) so I think you will get your best help there. I'm sorry that it's going to hard to get vaping equipment other than (possibly, I think they might sell) big tobacco stuff, since they're taxing that as well. I wish you all the best of luck.

Anna

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario

squirts

Jan 22, 2018
singapore
Oh Lordy you was off of the cancer sticks for 2 years? Get back to vaping that's for certain to stay away from them cigarettes they will put you in the grave. Good luck! I smoked two packs of cigarettes a day for 35 years the damage is already done but I'm trying to stop any further damage.
yeah i managed to stop. started chewing and spitting some of the good ol copenhagen dip (illegal in singapore. no surprises there!) and thought e cigs would be a good alternative!

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
yeah i managed to stop. started chewing and spitting some of the good ol copenhagen dip (illegal in singapore. no surprises there!) and thought e cigs would be a good alternative!
I tried the chewing tobacco route a couple times. It just gave me nausea and I threw up from it. I tried Copenhagen skoal Redman mail pouch. Chewing tobacco is just not for me. Why is it against the law in Singapore?

• Agree

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Why is it against the law in Singapore?
I can't say with any certainy, but like most government decisions it boils down to money. Imported cigarettes are most likely highly taxed and the government gets accustomed to that chunk of money. E-cigarettes are viewed as a threat to the government getting that money so instead of taxing e-cigarettes they decided to ban them.

An example of this theory is in the video below, although it relates more to what happened in the US:

Last edited:

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I can't say with any certainy, but like most government decisions it boils down to money. Imported cigarettes are most likely highly taxed and the government gets accustomed to that chunk of money. E-cigarettes are viewed as a threat to the government getting that money so instead of taxing e-cigarettes they decided to ban them.

An example of this theory is in the video below, although it relates more to what happened in the US:

I agree with that video and I understand where you're coming from now at this point. I live in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. U.S.A Cigarettes went from 1.25 a pack around 2000 2001 all the way up to $10 a pack today. So the government's losing money on taxes because nobody's buying cigarettes anymore so I don't know what's going to happen here. I just hope it don't end up being like it is in Singapore. Do you mind if I ask you another question can you be criminally prosecuted if you're in possession of tobacco or nicotine or e-cigarettes in Singapore? If so somebody needs to change your laws. Don't have anything else to add except for I feel bad for you.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I agree with that video and I understand where you're coming from now at this point. I live in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. U.S.A Cigarettes went from 1.25 a pack around 2000 2001 all the way up to $10 a pack today. So the government's losing money on taxes because nobody's buying cigarettes anymore so I don't know what's going to happen here. I just hope it don't end up being like it is in Singapore. Do you mind if I ask you another question can you be criminally prosecuted if you're in possession of tobacco or nicotine or e-cigarettes in Singapore? If so somebody needs to change your laws. Don't have anything else to add except for I feel bad for you.

Singapore is a weird country man.

This is the gum law. I don't even want to know what happens to vape stuff once it goes into full effect.

1. Selling gum. According to Singapore Statutes Online, the first-time penalty for the selling of gum can be as high as $100,000 or a prison sentence of up to two years.

16 odd things that are illegal in Singapore

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you mind if I ask you another question can you be criminally prosecuted if you're in possession of tobacco or nicotine or e-cigarettes in Singapore? If so somebody needs to change your laws.
Yes, people can be prosecuted in Singapore. Products can be seized in customs and the consumers are usually given scare tactics if not formally prosecuted. It is indeed a very bad situation.

Vaping is banned in Singapore!

Apparently there are very restrictive laws just for smoking in Singapore. Generally what goes for smoking goes for vaping, too.

Last edited:

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Yes, people can be prosecuted in Singapore. Products can be seized in customs and the consumers are usually given scare tactics if not formally prosecuted. It is indeed a very bad situation.

Apparently there are very restrictive laws just for smoking in Singapore. Generally what goes for smoking goes for vaping, too.

HOLY. CRAPOLA. Now that's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen come down the pike in a long time.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread