Loongtotem v9 input

Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi folks,
After 7 successful months with my Sedansa e-cig I'm hoping to find a smaller mini e-cig to possibly move up to. After going to loogtotem's web site I figured I'd try their mini-cig v9 (despite it's relatively low price). I was hoping that some members here could share there experience with this product for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Hi folks,
After 7 successful months with my Sedansa e-cig I'm hoping to find a smaller mini e-cig to possibly move up to. After going to loogtotem's web site I figured I'd try their mini-cig v9 (despite it's relatively low price). I was hoping that some members here could share there experience with this product for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark
Hi Mark.
If you go for L. T. you won't be moving up. This is my opinion.
But I'm not going to repeat various posts what has already been said so please try and search through the forum for more information.
But I don't want to discourage you or encourage you as at present there are so many opinions regarding this. Many which don't really count because only a few of us here actually own one.

I will give a couple of tips. This will probably suit smokers who like low tar very mild cigarettes the reason I say this because the cartridges at present are very weak . And pretty much flavourless. I personally have dripped a few drops of liquid in the cartridge before having few cigarettes which does improve the flavour but it is still nothing like what you are used to.

The vapour side of things is good but not constant it likes to be primed a bit and seems to work better when atomiser is warm and they do get warm and I think everybody that presently owns one of these are having problems with their batteries not lasting very long at all.

I am awaiting a response from them regarding replacing my two batteries . Some people have had battery replacements and batteries are still not working correctly.
I think we all desperately really want this product to work because I do think this is where we all will be heading in the future disposable electronic cigarettes. So my personal view is when they sort out cartridge flavoured and strength of the cartridge with a good battery this product could fly.
There seems to be quite a few people who have ordered this and like I was getting quite excited about trying it. But I do think majority of people will feel let down and really disappointed and probably feel that they have been ripped off and I think what people will see is the potential in the product in the future.

So the verdict is still out

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Lol

Feel 'ripped off'? You mean More so than being ripped off with $40-$50 atomizers for penstyles that don't last more than a couple of weeks? Buying cartridges that come half filled for $2-4 a cartridge? Batteries that don't last a month even?

Mark- the only issue that is a problem is hte battery life- the other issues mentioned can be dealt with easily enough- 24 mg liquid dripped into hte cartridges will give you every just as much nic as any other style- whether it gives the 'hit to hte throat' or not depends on the liquid used to drip with-

Ned speaks of the hits being 'weak', and suggests that other brands or styles produce better hits- but hte truth is that they only give a better throat hit for a few ciggs worth of smoking, then they too are just like smoking a light cigarette

We have another loongsmoker who is quite satisfied with the product, another who didn't liek the taste of hte cartridges, but both spoke highly of hte vapor production- one did mention the battery, which really, is the only issue not within our control unless we can find an alternative- but I'd also liek ot point out that I have a traditional mini cigg, and the batterry charge on it don't last very long either- that's just the issue with most minis I'm afraid

But alas- my views o nthe issue don't count

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Nope I hadn;'t seen that- wasn't ware they had until just now- of course htey reduced the price- because I just ordered at the full price only days ago- that is just my luck lol It was super swell of loong to inform me that they were just about to lower hte prices $40 before I went ahead and ordered it for as much as I did- such nice people- always lookin out for hteir customers lol

Nope- no sign of it yet- The Olympic Shot Putters are doign hteir best to get it to me though lol

Last edited:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Lol

Feel 'ripped off'? You mean More so than being ripped off with $40-$50 atomizers for penstyles that don't last more than a couple of weeks? Buying cartridges that come half filled for $2-4 a cartridge? Batteries that don't last a month even?

Mark- the only issue that is a problem is hte battery life- the other issues mentioned can be dealt with easily enough- 24 mg liquid dripped into hte cartridges will give you every just as much nic as any other style- whether it gives the 'hit to hte throat' or not depends on the liquid used to drip with-

Ned speaks of the hits being 'weak', and suggests that other brands or styles produce better hits- but hte truth is that they only give a better throat hit for a few ciggs worth of smoking, then they too are just like smoking a light cigarette

We have another loongsmoker who is quite satisfied with the product, another who didn't liek the taste of hte cartridges, but both spoke highly of hte vapor production- one did mention the battery, which really, is the only issue not within our control unless we can find an alternative- but I'd also liek ot point out that I have a traditional mini cigg, and the batterry charge on it don't last very long either- that's just the issue with most minis I'm afraid

Nazareth I don't know why you keep trying to insult my intelligence .
When you get your own then you can judge for yourself and this is why I did not want to go into to fine detail with Mark because of people like you ranting about this that and the other and never laid hands on it what .gives you the right.
It is not my problem that you have to pay extortionate prices for atomisers etc $40-$50 which is ridiculous my friend I know but it ain't my fault so I suggest you get out of your pram.
You seem to be making out that the l.t is some sort of wonderful miracle device I really do hope that it will be for you.
But I think you will be eating your own words

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Ranting? Lol

Insulting your itnelligence Ned?
But I don't want to discourage you or encourage you as at present there are so many opinions regarding this. Many which don't really count because only a few of us here actually own one.
No- questioning soem of hte reasons you give to avoid loong? Sure-

What gives me the right? Lol again- you've made statements Ned that don't jive- You claim it';s like smoking a 'lihght cigarette' which in itself is fair enough- but Ned- the truth be told- ALL devices smoke liek light cigarettes after a few ciggs worth- Even the much touted Janty smokes like a light even with fresh cartridge- according to most reviewers- So Ned- what gives me the 'right' is twofold- one- this is a public forum- we're free to make judgements based on what we read, and two- based on what we read, we can decifer the info- use common sense, and coem to reasonable conclusions- no need to get all pissy about it

From everythign I've read that you've said, the only downside I can see to the device are the batteries which are overpriced (Actually, the whole kit is overpriced too), and I keep seeing you poo pooing hte device without justifications- If there were other serious issues, liek if it only gave tiny wisps of vapor, or the atomizers craped out after 15 minutes, then I could understand your negativity toward it, but you've given no real justification other than you prefer the other styles liek hte penstyle, but you keep stating 'we're goign to be dissapointed'?

It is not my problem that you have to pay extortionate prices for atomisers etc $40-$50 which is ridiculous my friend I know but it ain't my fault so I suggest you get out of your pram.

Lol- not on any 'pram' Ned- just pointing out hte strengths and weaknesses of both devices- one based on personal experience, the other based on reviews I've read and videos I've seen and testimony from others that aren't so down on the device which lead me to reasonable conclusions without having to had experienced it first hand yet-

Miracle device? No Ned- I'm not expectign anythign of the sort- but I am expectign far less frustration than I currently have with hte penstyles for the reasons I've mentioned in previous posts/threads tyhanks to cheap disposable atomizers that from everythign I've gsathered deliver copious amounts of vapor- soemthign I think wmost of us desire in an esmoking device, and hwich does indeed seem to be the case thanks to Mixos' videos- and just for poops and giggles- I wonder if you'd mind tellign us how it is that those who don't have the product can't make descisions and comments on the product by using hteir eyes and common sense reading and seeing other's views on the subject? just curious.

OK- as an owner, answer these questions,

Does it give good vapor?

Do the cartridges last a long time?

Can the taste be manipulated to suit the user?

Is the draw easy?

These questions are key to being happy with hte esmoking experience- the one key, that you confimr and others have too, is hte battery- but my goodness- all mini batteries suck for hte most part, and mixos had the answer to htat too- buy two chargers and a coupel more batteries and keep rotating them

The only other real issue is the hit to throat/nic rush which I've addressed above with common sense and reasonability. There are really no other issues to contemplate. If the 4 questions can honestly be answered positively, then it is more than reasonable to assume the product will be acceptable & we can make descisions and discuss the issue without havign owned one yet quite reasonably- Words like "Mark my words" "Don't get too excited" "You'll eat your words" etc mean nothing without soem kind of evidences other than 'the battery sucks' to back it up with- I'm not adverse to ligth cigarette smoking- it wouldn't be my preference, but it won't put me off the device by any means- especially when I can control the nicotine and even bulk the vapor if I so choose with drops of glycerin to give it that extra throat hit

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Before htis gets too heated- let's just get back to brass tacts and just post the objective facts that we've both learned-

1: Several people who own hte product conclude that it produces copious vapor- much more than any mini on hte market

2: The batteries suck and are expensive (however, people are looking for alternative batteries to fit that cost less and might last longer, however, not many mini batteries do last long)

3: It spits juice into the mouth- then again so do many esmoking devices regardless of price

4: The cartridges last a very lojng time- much longer than any other cartridge on the market- as confirmed by a coupel of people

5: The taste is awful- however, this was confirmed to be due to the juice used- loong offers several different juices that don't taste bad and custom smoking juice can be dripped into cartridge

6: The atomizers are compeltely disposable- use however logn you like and hten chuck em and pop new one in (This is a big deal)

7: The atmozer makes sound when smoking- then again, amny other devices do too

8: Some report burnt filter- but htis may very weell be due to smoking hte cartridges too dry, or gettign dried out cartridges- mixos took apart a coupel of cartridges and didn't find any burnt paper- perhaps loong has changed soemthign to prevent or reduce this issue

9: Somkes like a light cigarette- as confirmed by several peopel who own it- however, the cartridges coem with only 8 mg of nic- can be manipulated by user to go much higher by dripping, and can be bulked up with glycerin to include harsher hit morel ike real cigg if you so choose- 24 mg beign standard

10: I'm too tired right now will discuss objectively just the facts more tomorrow.

Mark- read the objective facts, and hten decide for you4self

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Lol

naz.. your views do count.. u are now talking sense dude.. dont feel put off because others with less knowledge dont agree..

this forum needs a few people with real knowledge of the way these things are at the moment.. at present there are too many science fiction dreamers.. e smoking is good but the product and current technology is not.. not at the price we have to pay for it..

a lithium battery is a lithium battery.. this aint gonna change any time soon.. an atomizer is an atomizer.. the current hot wire technology aint gonna change any time soon either..

the problem long totem have is a simple one.. they still want to rip their customers off.. they are selling cheap disposable atomizers.. so we end up with two dollar batteries costing 70 dollars.. he he he

these dudes have to get their totally over the top rip off prices somehow.. we aint buying quality from any off them.. simply paying rip off prices with a promise of good service..

this practice will have to change soon.. but people need to know whats happening..

trog

mixos

Jul 1, 2008
i have a v9 and i think i have had it the longest out of all the other members on this forum, i have posted videos to demo the amount of vapour etc, u can search them on youtube.

Now out of the other minicigs i have (kissbox yentl, dse103 and some other mini) The v9 makes the most amount of smoke, and from videos i have seen of other models i would dare say more smoke then anyother ecigarette on the market.

And im not talking about sucking on the thing for 5 seconds or till your turn blue in the face. It produces massive amounts of vapour with a very easy drag and you only need to suck on it for 1-2 to get these amounts, if i suck anylonger i cough.

Now i dont know about ned, maybe he got a bad batch of cartridges or watever, but i have never exprienced any of the problems he has, the cartridge has never spat liquid, it never requires to be primed. constant vapour drag after drag. I can get a cartridge to last a minium 2 days and it will still be producing huge amounts of vapour.

But! the downsides as others have said are the batteries, i have the 5.5cm ones, and they will last a maximum of 2hours, And to make thing worst they need a good 5-6 hours to recharge again. But the simple solution is to buy a couple of extra batteries and charger (sure this is costly).
Also the taste of the regular tobbaco is fairly bad, some might not notice it asmuch as others but it definatly isnt like any other tobbaco i have tasted. But i have had samples of other flavours they sell (strawberry, orange, vanilla,grape) and they are a big improvement taste wise.

The other upside to this esmoke is thats it size is so small you blend in with other smokers and avoid that ball busting that comes from people always asking about what your smoking.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions i will do my best to help.
Mixos

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
sounds like ned might have faulty batteries or charger-or possibly both...not what you want at $50 a pop,and dealing with a chinese company...

as for taste,you say improvement-but how much of an improvement?
care to share your thoughts on the merits or not of the individual flavours,versus the awful original?

finally,do you really think its worth the expense-given that 2 extra batteries will double the price to make it practical...and as,like all ecig batteries,theyll probably need replacing regularly at that price,including shipping?

im just curious to hear your views,as youve had it longest on the forum,and have had time to consider it fully.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
two batteries per month darcy.. these thing lose run time every time they go thru a charge discharge cycle..

running at a super high current drain death is very quickly assured..

however wonderfull the product is.. the high battery cost makes it a no no..

some battery facts..

parttwo-34.jpg

take note of the red line.. its at three times a battery capacity.. our e cigs are being discharged all day and every day at 5 C..

the as new 2 hours run time will be halved after around two weeks daily use.. after a month the battery will need replacing..

sorry to be bloody boring..

trog

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The new LoongTotem prices are a big deal for the future of disposable e-cigs. If you look at the costs of replacement cartridge/atomizer/switch combos you'll see 10 for $12.50. That's $1.25 per day if you use a cartridge one day and then throw it away. NOW WE ARE TALKING. That's less than a tobacco cigarette habit by a long run.

Battery life is a problem for all e-cigs, as far as I can tell from reading others' experiences and my own usage. The LT battery is overpriced, so we need to find replacements and order about 4 of them. Once set up this way, e-smoking could be reliable, easily transportable and inexpensive.

I already know about the vapor! It rocks. LT shipping is a very bad joke, however. I just bought a $17 Health mini-cig starter kit being shipped from China by DealExtreme and shipping is FREE.

The LT company isn't winning me over -- but GreenCig's Web site says the throwaway cartridge combo is $4.49 each! Whoa.....

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
Personally I'm waiting for them to release the V11. I sent them an email today asking when they'll be releasing it, and how much it will sell for.

I want something that gets rid of the cigarette shaped form factor, and it looks like this will do it... Hello battery life! :thumb:

It says they're lowering the price because of the Olympics, but I bet they're trying to dump their stock before they come out with new stuff. They already have a new e-cigar and e-pipe. As well as the V10.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
all it needs is to lose the cigarette form factor bishy and the battery problem is solved..

an alternative would be simply to do a cheap small (cigarette like) copy of the ruyan throw away cigar.. stuff ten in a packet and we have the genuinely disposable e cig..

the irony is thats exactly where a real cigarette came from.. a cheap copy of a real cigar..

the major big down side.. think of the planet killing waste.. mind u it aint much worse then me chucking a pipe away every week or so.. he he he

trog

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
all it needs is to lose the cigarette form factor bishy and the battery problem is solved..

an alternative would be simply to do a cheap small (cigarette like) copy of the ruyan throw away cigar.. stuff ten in a packet and we have the genuinely disposable e cig..

the irony is thats exactly where a real cigarette came from.. a cheap copy of a real cigar..

the major big down side.. think of the planet killing waste.. mind u it aint much worse then me chucking a pipe away every week or so.. he he he

trog

I agree Trog. And I'm hoping this will do it:

New Arrival--LoongTotem Mini E-cigarette V11 - Loongtotem,Mini Electronic Cigarette V9

It takes cartridges similar to the style that are used now. But loses the cigarette form factor.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I agree Trog. And I'm hoping this will do it:

New Arrival--LoongTotem Mini E-cigarette V11 - Loongtotem,Mini Electronic Cigarette V9

It takes cartridges similar to the style that are used now. But loses the cigarette form factor.

yep the idea is there.. i can imagine a better form factor than a fake zippo lighter thow.. he he

i would be happy with a cigar shaped device with a decent AA sized 1000 mah lithium cell stuck in the end of it.. but flash does sell and they do have to do that..

loong totem are at east leading the way.. praps not entirely thow.. e-cig.com did create the e pack.. a sound idea but poor implementation.. e-cig all over..

something is bound to be wrong with it thow.. after all it is chinesee.. he he

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread