Lost and Found Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
Today, we traveled 3 hours to Philadelphia to see doctors and get testing for my wife's surgery on April 2nd.

I brought 4 vape kits with me for the ride and emptied one rta on the trip to Philly. I parked the car in the lot and it looked like a long walk to the entrance, so I brought one with me for the walk. As I approached the entrance I put the kit in my shoulder bag, pulled up my mask and entered the building. The vape somehow didn't come out of the building with me. So it's lost.
It was a Dead Rabbit V1 rta on a Vapresso Gen mod. Gone.

Then when I came home, in desperation I searched the bag one more time, and found a VCT-5 battery that has been missing since May, 2020. It was in a pocket under my sunglasses. I searched high and low for that battery and am very relieved that it's not behind my desk or something waiting to catch on fire.

So finding the battery definitely relieved the pain of losing a kit.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have a similar story. About 4 years ago stayed at a hotel a few hundred miles from home. Brought a whole ziplock bag full of vape gear with me. Large Ziplock bag. Lots of stuff!

I remember packing it in my roller baggage when leaving, but when I got home....nothing. I couldn't find that large bag of vape gear. I was baffled but I resigned to the idea that I must've left it on the bed in the hotel.

I called the hotel and asked if the cleaning crew had reported any "belongings" in my room after I'd left. Nope. Nothing.

I was really upset with myself. I could swear I had packed it but I kno wI can be absent-minded. Thankfully I did have more gear and juice, but it was a lot of stuff to lose.

That night, I went to go put the roller baggage away and it felt kinda weird, kinda lopsided. I opened it up, but didn't see anything. Then I remembered! Inside, on the side, there is this secret, inner, zippered compartment. I felt it and there was something in there. YUP! All my vape gear was in there! But I don't remember stuffing it in there. in fact, I thought I remembered just stuffing it in the bag on top of the other stuff.

What a relief!

What's my point?

Check that inner secret compartment in your shoulder bag! I just KNOW that's where you put your vape! :lol:

Last edited:

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I checked again. No secret compartment, No Vape, No Dice.
    There are exact replacements in the vacopolypse stash but maybe I'll save them and try another RTA: An Oxva Arbiter, a Kracken, a TFMT, or a Juggerknot mini, all still in sealed packaging.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Today, we traveled 3 hours to Philadelphia to see doctors and get testing for my wife's surgery on April 2nd.

I brought 4 vape kits with me for the ride and emptied one rta on the trip to Philly. I parked the car in the lot and it looked like a long walk to the entrance, so I brought one with me for the walk. As I approached the entrance I put the kit in my shoulder bag, pulled up my mask and entered the building. The vape somehow didn't come out of the building with me. So it's lost.
    It was a Dead Rabbit V1 RTA on a Vapresso Gen mod. Gone.

Then when I came home, in desperation I searched the bag one more time, and found a VCT-5 battery that has been missing since May, 2020. It was in a pocket under my sunglasses. I searched high and low for that battery and am very relieved that it's not behind my desk or something waiting to catch on fire.

So finding the battery definitely relieved the pain of losing a kit.

That hurts to lose a mod like that especially a decent one and at a time when it will be difficult to replace.

Glad of the battery discovery though.

I hope whatever is going on with your wife works out. Prayers up.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    2 weeks ago I went to a clinic out of town and brought a few vapes with me. One of them was an ego battery with an Evod on top. It was my favorite ego battery. Had it on my lap when I got out of the car and it fell on the ground in the parking garage. Saw it immediately and picked it up and put it in my console as I would not want to vape it without a thorough cleaning (yuk!). Then went into the clinic.

Well I completely forgot about it until last night. This morning I had to go to the clinic again and last night I went to go get it out of my car to clean it, and it was gone. I have no idea what could have happened to it and I always keep my car locked and I don't remember taking it out of mar car 2 weeks ago when I got home that day it fell out of my car.

I guess there's something fishy going on with clinics and vaping gear. I smell a rat! :lol:

Actually, I'm pretty confident that I must have taken it out of the car, I just don't remember doing it, nor do I remember where I put it if I did

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    After reading your initial post, I was going to just skip right to the bottom of the page and make a post, but decided to read the other posts in this thread. The words in my head are pretty much the same as what Fidola13 posted. So, to re-iterate sortof, hope all goes well with your wife, sorry for the loss of a mod kit, and happy as a pig in a baconless society that the lost battery was found before a possible bad incident occurred.

My ex-GF now roommate and I moved a few months back. Somewhere in the transmission of stuff from the old abode to the new, I lost all but two of the 12-15 or so drip tips I had. The two that survived are among my 'favorites', but I do miss the ones I have no longer. There are no 'vape shops' close to me, and online ordering is kinda not a resource I can am trying not to use, so..

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    After reading your initial post, I was going to just skip right to the bottom of the page and make a post, but decided to read the other posts in this thread. The words in my head are pretty much the same as what Fidola13 posted. So, to re-iterate sortof, hope all goes well with your wife, sorry for the loss of a mod kit, and happy as a pig in a baconless society that the lost battery was found before a possible bad incident occurred.

My ex-GF now roommate and I moved a few months back. Somewhere in the transmission of stuff from the old abode to the new, I lost all but two of the 12-15 or so drip tips I had. The two that survived are among my 'favorites', but I do miss the ones I have no longer. There are no 'vape shops' close to me, and online ordering is kinda not a resource I can use, so..
    Can you order from Amazon? I was surprised to find 'drip' tips on there. Just search drip tips. They are listed as an accessory to a coffee machine, but hay what ever works, right. lol

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    2 weeks ago I went to a clinic out of town and brought a few vapes with me. One of them was an ego battery with an Evod on top. It was my favorite ego battery. Had it on my lap when I got out of the car and it fell on the ground in the parking garage. Saw it immediately and picked it up and put it in my console as I would not want to vape it without a thorough cleaning (yuk!). Then went into the clinic.

Well I completely forgot about it until last night. This morning I had to go to the clinic again and last night I went to go get it out of my car to clean it, and it was gone. I have no idea what could have happened to it and I always keep my car locked and I don't remember taking it out of mar car 2 weeks ago when I got home that day it fell out of my car.

I guess there's something fishy going on with clinics and vaping gear. I smell a rat! :lol:

Actually, I'm pretty confident that I must have taken it out of the car, I just don't remember doing it, nor do I remember where I put it if I did
    Maybe its between the seat and the console. Did you look there? I have 'lost' a couple of my mods but knew they were in my car somewhere. There is a space just underneath the steel part of seat(railing where the seat slides back and forth) and the floor of the car that is a perfect size to obscure it from sight but I found them by sticking my hand underneath the steel part. Worth a shot to look anyway.
    Good Luck.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Maybe its between the seat and the console. Did you look there? I have 'lost' a couple of my mods but knew they were in my car somewhere. There is a space just underneath the steel part of seat(railing where the seat slides back and forth) and the floor of the car that is a perfect size to obscure it from sight but I found them by sticking my hand underneath the steel part. Worth a shot to look anyway.
    Good Luck.

No I have not yet. My car could use a good spring cleaning. It's like 5 years overdue.l

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    FastTech?

Can you order from Amazon?
    I have enough of everything I need for at least close to a year or so, so I have pretty much given up on ordering online and see what happens.. It saddens me to say that a loss of even as little as $5.00 or so is devastating. More to my soul than my wallet, but still..

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I have enough of everything I need for at least close to a year or so, so I have pretty much given up on ordering online and see what happens.. It saddens me to say that a loss of even as little as $5.00 or so is devastating. More to my soul than my wallet, but still..
    I know exactly what you mean. I collect drip tips myself. Whenever I see a vape shop(I travel quite a bit, or at least I did before covid) I would stop and usually buy a couple. Found some really interesting ones that way. If I see one that I really like I buy 2 because that is the one thing I keep breaking. I can prevent the glass breaking on my tanks because I use the bands that go around them.....and they really do work, but I have dropped more than a few right on their heads and the poor drip tip is shattered, along with my heart. Funny how attached we can get to inanimate objects. LOL

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    smacuser, it looks like you are in Florida. EVCigarettes is in Florida and is shipping in-state only, probably with the alternative delivery service. They have a great selection of good stuff.
    Thanks Ed. They're just a half hour away. I'll check them out :thumbs:.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread