Lost & Confused.... Need Advice Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to vaping and I want to try so other juices. I have seen VaporBomb mentioned around the forums a lot so I figured I would start there.

Well... I get to the site and now it's asking the pg/vg ratios... Yikes... um.. I have no idea where to start. (Total newbie) Out of respect for all parties... I won't mention where I have been ordering from but from what I do know (or think) I have been using 100% pg & a mix of pg/vg but do not know the percentage because that info is not disclosed (that I am aware of).

My usual nic level is 11mg or 18mg... if that helps...

So the questions are...

Where should one start with pg/vg amts?

I don't have a pg allergy (lol.. that I am aware of) so is there another reason to add vg?

Does adding vg into the mix increase the vapor?

I like some throat hit but I am not looking to choke myself either.... My main things are flavor & vapor.

Some of the flavors I am considering are:

Bubble Gum
Watermelon
Vanilla
Peppermint (is that different than the candy cane someone mentioned)
Hypnotic
Fire n Ice
Cinna-Bomb

I know that taste is subjective but any suggestions or recommendations?

Can anyone try to help me figure out what is the best ratio to order? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
I'm with LowThudd on the PG = more throat hit whereas VG = MOAR VAPOR! bit...but I've seen many state that VG dulls flavors a bit. I've never gone above 25% VG in my juices though, as I like a good mule kick to the throat.

'course higher nic will mean more TH, but nic level equal...it *sounds* like 30/70 or 25/75 (PG/VG) might be good to try at first for ya. Since flavor and vapor are the important factors, this might be a good balance.

WISHIKNEWTHATYESTERDAY

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
New Albany, IN
it sounds like you already got some good advice. just a suggestion, maybe you could order different ratios in different flavors to find the one you like best. and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the candy cane is flavor based on alcoholic drink available in the open bar category. haven't had it myself, but on the list of wanting to try :)

Most people use a 80 PG/20 VG mix however not everyone can do PG myself being one so I use more VG. Thanks to Mutt I tried one of their (VB) blends at 50/50 and it was great vapor and taste, I loved it. ( coconut cream pie.)

I don't seem to have a problem with PG at least that I am aware of. I have had no side effects that would make me wonder if it was a reaction. So for me, I am not really to concerned about that.

Yeah... I saw Mutt's post today that he was giving some away to people who have never tried VB... of course.... lol... I missed it. That's just the way it goes.

it sounds like you already got some good advice. just a suggestion, maybe you could order different ratios in different flavors to find the one you like best. and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the candy cane is flavor based on alcoholic drink available in the open bar category. haven't had it myself, but on the list of wanting to try :)

I was thinking about ordering a few different ratios. I haven't looked through all the flavors yet but I will check the alcoholic drink section to see if the candy cane is there.... then I will have to choose.

I just checked... the Candy Cane is in the drink section... Thx!

Last edited:

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I really love the vapor from VG but if I go over 20% I get a sore throat. Someone else posted about trying a couple different mixes, maybe that is a good idea. I found out that vg makes my throat sore from adding it on my own so I never wasted any juice really. I would hate to see you have a bunch of one kind that you don't like or can't use.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I really love the vapor from VG but if I go over 20% I get a sore throat. Someone else posted about trying a couple different mixes, maybe that is a good idea. I found out that vg makes my throat sore from adding it on my own so I never wasted any juice really. I would hate to see you have a bunch of one kind that you don't like or can't use.

Never had a sore throat from VG, but I do from PG. I guess everyone is different.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
If I have 100% VG I'm the same way, kills my throat. I use a 50/50 mix and do just fine.

boston joe

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
wakefield/boston
www.vaporbomb.com
Personally i use a 50/50 blend from VB it seems to give the best flavor, TH ,and vapor. i've tried most of the mixes but everyone has their own tastes. good thing VB has samples for a great price so try a few different mixes. for flavors i highly recommend Blueberry cinnamon crumble,green apple,peach,coconut,blueberry,cinnamon danish swirl,and sex on the beach. there are more great flavors but those are my favs at the moment. :toast:

Ok... so I placed my order & can't wait till they arrive!!! I guess I will be stalking the mailbox next week!!!!

Thanks again everyone for your help & advice!

I read that it is better to let the juices steep... um... if I placed the order today & they ship today (Friday)/tomorrow (Sat).... after I receive them how many more days should I wait? (Waiting is a hard thing to do ... lol)

Sorry for all the questions... but this is the first time I am ordering freshly made juices so please try to be patient with me!

Usually a week is a good amount of time. Theres some that take about 2 weeks.. but when you get them they will still be awesome. Waiting just makes them even more awesome.

Ah... ok... I can at least still try them then! But I will try to hold off ... can't say that I will be able to though.... lol.. I will try to practice some self restraint!

That's like putting x-mas presents out in-front of kids & telling them they can't open them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread