LOST VAPE CENTAURUS B60 AIO AND B80 AIO (ONE IS ALL. ALL IS ONE) review by hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back. I’m very excited to be with you today to provide a fair and honest review on the Lost Vape Centaurus B60 AIO Kit and the Centaurus B80 Mod Kit. Both kits were sent to me by Lost Vape. This is the first review I’ve done for them in quite some time. The B60 has an internal 1600mah battery with an output range of 5-60 watts while the B80 uses a single 18650 battery and has an output range of 5-80 watts. Both are powered by the Quest 2.0 chip. The B60 comes with the UB AIO pod which has a capacity of 5ml and is compatible with the UB Ultra coils. The B80 also comes with the UB AIO pod but also comes with the Centaurus Boro tank which is a rebuildable boro tank.

nkHVEZX.jpg

YV8nTyf.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE B60 BOX?

1* Centaurus B60 AIO Device
    1* UB AIO Empty Pod (5ml)
    1* UB Ultra M7 Coil 0.2ohm
    1* UB Ultra M6 Coil 0.3ohm
    2* Drip Tips
    5* Silicon Rings
    1* Metal Spanner
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

eAP1lhv.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE B80 BOX?

1* Centaurus B80 AIO Device
    1* UB AIO Empty Pod (5ml)
    1* Centaurus Boro Tank (5ml)
    1* UB Ultra M7 Coil 0.2ohm
    1* UB Ultra M8 Coil 0.15ohm
    7* Drip Tip Rings
    --6* Silicone Rings
    --1* Metal Ring
    1* Tank Parts Pack
    1* Metal Spanner
    1* Type-C Cable
    2* Drip Tips
    2* User Manuals
    1* Warranty Card

kowcfSl.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS B60:

Dimension: 43*25.5*85mm

Battery Capacity: built-in 1600mAh

Battery Voltage: 3.0V-4.2V

Power Range: 5-60W

Charging Voltage: 5V/1.84A

Type-C Cable: Support 5V/2A charger

Display: 0.42 inch OLED screen

Body Material : Zinc-Alloy & Stainless Steels

Chip: Lost Vape Quest 2.0 Chip

Tank Capacity: 5ml

Tank Material: PCTG

Resistance Supported: 0.15ohm-2.0ohm

Coil Compatible: UB Ultra Coils: 0.15/0.2/0.3ohm

Safety Features: Short-Circuit/Weak Battery/Over Heat Protection

Color: Cyber Storm, Cyber Black, Laser Black, Pink Keep, Laser Gunmetal, Winter Splatter, Spring Blast, Summer Breeze

SPECIFICATIONS B80:

Dimension80.8*50.0*24.4mm
    BatterySingle 18650 battery (not included)
    Battery Voltage3.0V-4.2V
    Power Range5-80W
    Charging Voltage5V/1.8A
    Type-C CableSupport 5V/2A charger
    Display0.42 inch OLED screen
    Body MaterialZinc-Alloy + Stainless Steel
    ChipLost Vape Quest 2.0 Chip
    Tank Capacity5ml
    Tank MaterialPCTG, SUS303
    Airflow Pin Diameter1.0mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm (Pre-install)
    Safety FeaturesShort-Circuit/Weak Battery/Over Heat Protection
    Package Size113.5*39.5*126.5mm (1pc)
    Carton Size410*360*285mm (50pcs)
    ColorSpace Silver, Particle Gunmetal, Magnetic Black, Nebula Star, Nebula Sparkle, Nebula Galaxies, Gush Grey, Gush Black, Gush Green

ua0kdIe.jpg

FEATURES B60:

1. Built-in 1600mAh battery capacity

2. Compatible with UB Ultra Coils

3. All-in-one mod design

4. Quest 2.0 chip, max 60W power output

5. 0.42 inch OLED display screen

6. Unlimited combination: quick-change dual-sided face panel

7. Two airflow direction options: front and side airflow

8. Heat sink structure: bottom cooling holes

9. Ideal for both RDL and MTL vaping

10. 5ml capacity, leak proof design

11. Step less adjustable airflow

FEATURES B80:

1. Single 18650 battery (not included)

2. Dual-mode operation: Normal & RBA mode

3. Comes with UB AIO Pod and Centaurus Boro Tank

4. Compatible with UB Ultra Coils: 0.15/0.2/0.3ohm

5. All-in-one mod design

6. Quest 2.0 chip, max 80W power output

7. 0.42 inch OLED display screen

8. Unlimited combination: quick-change dual-sided face panel

9. Two airflow direction options: front and side airflow

10. Heat sink structure: bottom cooling holes

11. Ideal for both RDL and MTL vaping

12. 5ml capacity, leak proof design

13. Step less adjustable airflow

KmfjDaP.jpg

wgFaeCi.jpg

HTyGaD1.jpg

cQzFWcm.jpg

llANqPp.jpg

T4XPeU5.jpg

bHQcJJV.jpg

cpOI5OX.jpg

G5nyue0.jpg

DvOlzE9.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the B60 and B80 is a little different from what I received compared to what you would receive if you purchased one. I received both the B60 and B80 tucked inside this really cool purple drawstring bag with a pumpkin on it. I had seen on different social media sites that Lost Vape had been running a Halloween promotion.

1698887022881.png

The front of each box has a nice color picture of the actual device contained inside the box. Each of course has the Lost Vape Quest and Centaurus names as well as the corresponding model name. The outer sleeve of the boxes are very colorful and attention grabbing as well as the physical appearance of the mods themselves. The back side of each box has the usual contents list, authenticity code, and company information.

As you can see, I received the Summer Breeze color in the B60 (also known as pink) and received the Gush Green version in the B80. These aren’t exactly the colors I would pick if given a choice but they are great for taking review pictures.

1698887088603.png

1698887117947.png

Once opened each device is found wrapped in a soft sleeve. This has consistently been how I have seen samples from Lost Vape. They take that little extra step so that the mod doesn’t get scratched during shipping. You can see in the pictures below that the kit contents are very similar. Both kits come with two coils, a very short USB-C cord, two drip tips, a user manual, and the UB AIO Pod is packaged inside of each mod for shipping. There is also a flush nut wrench included and is found inside the user manual on a cardboard card. Besides the B80 having higher output, it also includes the Centaurus Boro Tank which is a rebuildable single coil boro tank. The B80 also comes with three different airflow pins for the tank and an adapter to use on a 510 device to dry burn coils. I’ll show that in a little more detail later. The B80 also comes with a nice drip tip with a decorative ring that matches the color of the mod.

1698887168146.png

1698887194831.png

To me the B60 is more of an AIO type device with it having the screen, adjustment buttons, and fire button all exposed on the outside of the mod. Both the B60 and B80 are called AIO mods but to me the B80 is what I think of when I think of what a boro mod is. The display and adjustment buttons are hidden with the side panel in place and the fire button is slightly inset while being exposed by a cut out in the side panel. I guess it’s just how each person looks at it whether it’s an AIO, boro mod, or maybe they both mean the same thing. You can see in the third picture below how the side panel hides the above mentioned items.

Both devices have four magnets on each side that align with the magnets on the side panels and hold them on very securely. The panels have three slots cut out on them that cover the side where the boro tank sits to allow airflow to the tank. The panel on the opposite side on the B60 is solid while the panel on the B80 has a cut out for the fire button. I like how the fire button on the B80 has the Centaurus symbol on it with the Lost Vape name on the frame of the button. As I mentioned earlier, the 1600mah battery in the B60 is internal while the B80 uses a standard 18650. The battery polarity is very clearly marked inside the battery tray and there is a pull string to make battery removal easier. The B60 has a really cool design etched on the inside that can be seen when the side is removed to expose the boro tank opening.

1698887266054.png

1698887289059.png

1698887314815.png

1698887338614.png

Each of the two devices includes a tool that is used to tighten the flush nut on top after the tank is installed. This is one of the easiest flush nut tools that I have used. I’m not a boro expert but do have a handful of boro mods.

1698887541103.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Besides the front airflow that I’ve already shown you, both mods also offer side airflow with the three slots that are cut into the side. This can be beneficial depending on the tank you are running and which way the tank pulls the airflow from. The B60 has a charging port on the side opposite where you load the tank underneath the panel for that side. It is rated at 5V/2A charging rate but when I connected it with my Klein USB current tester I was reading 1.5A which still should charge the battery in about an hour. There is a charging port on the B80 located below the adjustment buttons on the side where the battery is loaded but of course it’s always better to charge batteries outside the device if possible.

1698887612724.png

1698887635326.png

I almost forgot this part. There’s just a lot to cover on these two mods. The display for the B60 and B80 is kind of small at .42”. The B60 and B80 display shows the set wattage, coil resistance, and puff counter. The B60 and B80 offer either Smart or RBA modes. The instructions in the B60 user manual says to press the fire button five times to switch modes but that is incorrect. Five presses will turn the mod on/off while pressing the fire button three times will change the mode. The instructions in the B80 manual were correct. To lock the adjustment buttons you press and hold the fire and + button. To reset the puff counter you press and hold the fire and – buttons. That’s pretty much it. These mods only have wattage mode. No temperature control or anything else. That’s perfectly fine with me since I only use wattage on all my mods.

1698887677181.png

1698887696628.png

The UB AIO Pod has a 5ml capacity and is compatible with the UB Ultra series of coils. The B60 comes with the M6 coil rated at .3 ohms and the M7 coils rated at .2 ohms. The M6 is rated for 30-40 watts while the M7 is rated for 40-60 watts. The M8 .15 coil is also compatible which has a rating of 60-80 watt but is obviously rated too high for the B60 but can be used with the B80. The B80 comes with the M7 coil just like the B60 does but also includes the M8 coil. The coils are the push in to seat style that most tanks are using these days and there is an airflow control ring that goes over the coil to allow the user to adjust the airflow to their liking. The tank has a rubber plug that lifts from the bottom for filling the tank. The side with the plug always faces out so you can refill the tank without removing it from the mod. Once inserted into the mod then you screw in the flush nut from the top and snug it with the flush nut tool that is included. Be careful not to over tighten the nut. It just needs to be snug. Don’t put the G.I. Joe Kung Fu grip on it.

QQnjULZ.jpg

1698887779496.png

1698887802984.png

There is a second tank included with the B80. This is the Centaurus Boro Tank. It is a single coil rebuildable tank and could be used in either device but is only included with the B80. I don’t know for sure but would think that it would be available for purchase separately at some point if it isn’t already. The tank does not have the bottom adjustable airflow control like the UB AIO tank but it comes with a 3.0mm airflow pin pre-installed and there are also a 1.0mm and 2.0mm airflow pin included in the spare parts kit in case you like a tighter draw. Out of the three I prefer the 3.0mm and was lucky that it came already installed. I honestly wouldn’t mind a 4.0mm airflow pin for more of a DL type vape while the 3.0mm pin really just gives an RDL type of vape in my opinion.

In the second picture below you can see that the build deck can be separated from the base. The reason for this is so that you can attach the knurled 510 adapter in the picture so that you can dry burn the coil prior to installing the wick. The build deck uses two small slotted head screws to secure the coil. I personally would have preferred allen head screws for the deck. The slotted screws are so small that I had a difficult time aligning the precision screwdriver with the slots to secure the coil. The wick holes are actually fairly large for a small deck like this. Also included is a second chimney adapter.

k6Y9cEi.jpg

1698887886680.png

I decided to just go with a simple round wire coil for my build. I wound a 28 gauge 3mm coil using 316ss wire. The resistance came out to right at .6 ohms. I attached the adapter and did a dry burn on the coil. I centered the coil over the airflow opening and pulled a cotton wick and saturated it. I then removed the 510 adapter from the build deck, re-inserted it into the base and installed the base on the tank and filled the tank. I like to let a newly built tank sit for a while on a paper towel to make sure that I’m not going to have any leaking before inserting it into the mod. Then after inserting the tank, it’s just like the AIO tank and you thread the flush nut and snug it. Install the side panel and 510 drip tip and you’re ready to go. Since the adjustment buttons are covered by the side panel, I left it off until I found my sweet spot. Even with the simple coil that I used, I felt like I got pretty good flavor and vapor production at 33.5 watts. To turn it up much higher and I would have wanted more airflow.

1698887931551.png

1698887958648.png

1698887977180.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say it’s been a real pleasure testing the Lost Vape Centaurus B60 and B80 mods. I very much got into boro mods for a while and then lost interest until I got these two for review. Even though I’m not a fan of pink mods, these really grew on me. I’ve had mixed luck in the past with rebuildable boro tanks but the Centaurus Boro Tank worked well for me and could see using it on not only these mods but my other boro style mods.

I am no stranger to the UB Ultra coils and have used them in the past. All three of the coils performed well with very good flavor and vapor production. I ran a ry4 mix with the .2 and .3 ohm coils in the B60 and was very happy with the result. I experienced no leaking using these coils with the UB AIO tank and almost no condensation. This amazed me because I am used to getting quite a bit of condensation on the back side of the panels on other boro mods.

For the B80, I tried both the .2 and .15 coils with a lemon pound cake mix that I’ve used quite a lot. The flavor really shined with these but was the best with the .15 coil. I didn’t run it as high as the rating and ended up around 55 watts with the airflow adjustment wide open. It produced a very nice and flavorful vapor for DTL vaping.

So here I am at the end of yet another review. These are some very nice AIO/boro devices whether you’re just getting into this style of mod or are an experienced user. Over time I have started using factory coils in boro tanks more and more because I just don’t get the leaking problems like I do with rebuildable boro tanks. This one hasn’t leaked on me yet after a week of intermittent use. I say intermittent use because I can’t vape much at work but did give it a workout going back and forth to work and once home. For me these are a couple of real winners and give you the choice of either getting one with an internal battery or the other that uses standard 18650 batteries.

I’d like to thank Lost Vape and Bella for sending the Lost Vape Centaurus B60 and B80 for this review. Also a big thanks to you the readers for sticking it out to the end of another review. Below is a link to the website where you can see these two mods and browse through the website to see all of the fantastic devices that Lost Vape has to offer.

Centaurs B60B80 AIO POD MOD - Lost Vape

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I like the look of them. Boohoo though I'm all MTL
    There are boro tanks that you can use MTL coils in. Also the Centaurus tank you can switch out to a smaller airflow pin and do mtl.
    Very nice review for both mods. :)
    Thanks Fran!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread