Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    I should get mine within the week, looking forward to the Replay function and generally the mod itself.
    I never had a paranormal, wanted the Triade, but missed them..... so I'm getting the Centaurus.
    Kinda wish Lost Vape would've made this in a 21700 mod.
    However, looking forward to this !

Reactions: Jose Razo

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Got it.

Yes I got my mod today...
    Made a post about it here on this other thread : New Lost Vape Mod , which is another thread that was started regarding the Centaurus mod on this forum.

Excited !

Don't want to double-post so see my post there, and I'll be doing a review here ASAP.
    I generally use a mod for at least a week before reviewing it.

All the best !

Reactions: AvaOrchid

Paul Pruitt

May 5, 2020
    Not Happy with this mod at all. You can plainly see the Centaurus name was reworked! I didnt know i was going to pay for a refurbished mod!
    The name is clearly another color from the stainless steel. The fire button feels very cheap and loose. The battery contacts were poorly designed on the battery door. Not to mention i literally had to clean the contacts on the inside of the mod just to get the mod to turn on. Also had what looked like rust spots or something on the top side on the so called stainless steel. For a so called higher end company in China, the mod was poorly built.

Attachments

• 20200619_154020.jpg
      20200619_154020.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 82
    • 20200619_153953.jpg
      20200619_153953.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 88

Paul Pruitt

May 5, 2020
    Can you share a photo of the top of your mod where it says Centaurus? The original batches that went out had the name spelled wrong. They spelled it "Centauras". Now after reworking their excellant quality control, they fixed the name with a square styled etching that has a whitish tint on my device as you can see in the photos i shared and corrected the name. My question is, how can 3 different departments let this happen and claim quality control? You have the manufacturing, the packing ect.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Can you share a photo of the top of your mod where it says Centaurus?

Here it is:

CMeFGy3.jpg

This picture is from my review: Lost Vape Centaurus DNA250C Mod .

The label actually has more contrast than that in real life, the light sort of faded the logo.

Here let's try to get a better pic of it....

Here...

bXZ7gaS.jpg

Looks OK to me, I dunno.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Can you share a photo of the top of your mod where it says Centaurus? The original batches that went out had the name spelled wrong. They spelled it "Centauras". Now after reworking their excellant quality control, they fixed the name with a square styled etching that has a whitish tint on my device as you can see in the photos i shared and corrected the name. My question is, how can 3 different departments let this happen and claim quality control? You have the manufacturing, the packing ect.
    I think the reason it wasn’t caught right away because they didn’t spell it 半人马座.
    I mean look at that, how easy would it be for us to miss the spelling of it was spelled 超自然现象 Instead of 半人马座. not the best example but hopefully my point is understood. Catching 半人马座 if it was supposed to be spelled 西人比超. Maybe many of the workers aren’t particularly skilled in English writing making it tough to spot. Also the Chinese like to ride their employees hard and put them away wet so fatigue, both mental & physical, could have been an issue as well. Listen I’m not gonna make any excuses for them because I love when people state that immediately after making excuses. That’s my double pennies on the gross oversight made by Lost Vape QC department.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I wish the only problem I had was a misspelled name LOL I was really enjoying the wonderful generous prize that I won The Centaurus until this morning I went to take my batteries out to change them and there was e juice all over one of them. It appears that they still have the faulty 510 problem that they had with the Drone. So now I really can't use it unless whatever atomizer I'm using is 100% leak proof which is unfortunate because I tend to use rebuildables and even though I'm fairly good at wicking obviously everyone experiences an occasional leak and I guess this morning was mine. Of course I'm sure they would warranty this if I had purchased it but since it was a prize I doubt there's any recourse. I'm disappointed but at least I didn't lose any money it's still a wonderful prize but it saddens me that I'm not going to be able to use it. Really a beautiful device. And Lost Vape even went so far as to send my prize DHL Express which I'm sure wasn't cheap. Maybe it's just a problem with this single mod and the other ones will be fine. I know in a mass-produced products there's bound to be some issues occasionally. I'm a bit gutted though because this was rapidly becoming my absolute favorite mod.

Chango

Jan 24, 2013
    California
    So is it my assumption that 100% of the reviews that have gone out between May and July have been from people who received free tester units from Lost Vape? Every supplier that took pre-orders for these months ago are still awaiting manufacturer to supply them and I have seen all of zero information regarding any of that or any owners outside a small select few that had them in their possession before we even knew the mod was being created.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    So is it my assumption that 100% of the reviews that have gone out between May and July have been from people who received free tester units from Lost Vape? Every supplier that took pre-orders for these months ago are still awaiting manufacturer to supply them and I have seen all of zero information regarding any of that or any owners outside a small select few that had them in their possession before we even knew the mod was being created.
    I don't know. I'm pretty sure that it's just being sold all over. When I was looking for a DNA about a month ago they had them on sale and they didn't say pre-order. They're definitely in stock at multiple retailers right now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread