Lost Vape Modefined Lyra 200W Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Lyra 200W mod from Modefined which as everyone by now knows is lost vape. The Lyra 200W was supplied for the purpose of this review by Lily Pan from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/lost-vape-mo...17366.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Lyra 200W device
1 x Charging Cable
1 x Lyra Gift Box
1 x Lyra User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Modefined Lyra is another aesthetically pleasing device from Lost Vape and is roughly average size and weight. I received the Amber and Silver which has an Ultem Main Body and Silver face-plate, base and top. The available colours are, Black Frame+Red, Black Frame+Silver, Black Frame+Black, Amber Frame+Silver and Amber Frame+Black, the black devices are made of Zinc Alloy. The sides of the device are very rounded and the Lyra has a very nice curved fire button making the device very comfortable in the hand and natural feeling when firing. The front face-plate houses the mentioned fire button at the top followed by a 1.3” Full Colour Screen. Below the screen we have the up and down buttons to the left and right and between these is a select button. The bottom of the face-plate has a lovely finish but no idea of the material used, it has a very textured feel to it and seems very hard wearing, below this is the micro USB port. The curved sides and back of the device are featureless which actually is great with the Ultem version, the base of the device is the battery door which has branding and safety stamps. The top of the Lyra has a central 510 plate with spring loaded 510. The build quality of the device is top notch and their are no button or battery rattle whatsoever.

Specs:

Temperature Limit: 2-600F/100- 300°C
1.3” Full Colour Screen
Output power: 7Watts – 200Watts
Max charging current: 1A
Max output current: 39A
Output Voltage Range: 0.4-8.4V
Body material: Die Cast Zinc Alloy, Ultem with Amber options.
Stainless steel 510 atomizer connector
Anodized Aluminum Faceplate
Spring loaded nickel plated brass center pin
Colours: Black Frame+Red / Black Frame+Silver / Black Frame+Black / Amber Frame+Silver / Amber Frame+Black

Using the Lyra

The batteries are fitted via the bottom battery door which has a sliding catch to open and secure, orientation is clearly marked and battery compartment is nice and tidy. The device comes on when the batteries are fitted but is locked, to lock and unlock the device is 5 clicks of the fire button, the device won't fire while locked. 30 seconds of inactivity see's the Lyra display a very nice clock face with real time (the nicest clock face i have seen on a device to date), and after 1 minute of displaying the clock the device screen turns off but at anytime during the clock being displayed or when the screen is off you can vape and the device goes back to the main screen. The display has a very nice circular display on the large colour screen and all information is within this design but apart from the wattage display (temperature when in temp control) the font is very small, and i mean ridiculously small and when things are selected they turn red which just adds to the problem. The main problem with the font is choosing the mode and when you go into the settings list, everything else that is displayed on the main screen is bright white on black and can be easily read, the problem of font size is just crazy as the screen is massive and the there is so much wasted space. How the Lyra is navigated around is great and the device is very easy to use, the up and down button move a pointer to different items then pressing the select button turns red which item the pointer is next to, then again the up and down buttons can be used to alter the selected item before pressing fire to keep the alteration made. At the top of the screen is the mode which can be changed between Power, Bypass, TCR, SS, Ti and Ni, underneath this we have the wattage which changes to temperature in temp control. Below this to the left we have the voltage which changes to wattage in temp control and puff counter, to the right we have the resistance and the seconds vaped. Centrally at the bottom of the screen we have a settings icon which when selected brings up a list which consists of re-sampling resistance, reset puff, inputting TCR settings, vape time allowed (set at 10 seconds as standard), whether you want the device to lock automatically and how many minutes of inactivity before it auto locks. So easy to use and in my opinion one of the best user interface's i have come across somewhat ruined by using such a small font.

Performance

Any faults with the Lyra stops with the font size as the device doesn't skip a beat, fires instantly and seems accurate, if anything slightly overpowered. I haven't seen any data for the device but it hits hard and like the Sirius i wouldn't be surprised if this is partly due to being slightly overpowered and i would expect the temp control to be spot on like with other Lost vape products but that is an assumption. I was a bit disappointing that the Lyra doesn't have curves feature as i do like using curves on a device a lot. Like with all high powered devices i used the Berserker Mini at 12w to see how quiet the device keeps and it was silent. The Lyra accommodates up to 28mm tanks no problem and even a 30mm has such a slight overhang in my opinion it still looks good. Like with the Sirius the battery life is better than usual for a duel 18650 device and it is fully firmware upgradable.

Conclusion

Another great performing, user and ergonomically friendly device by Lost vape under their Modefined brand. The device has one problem which i did have a big issue with, the font size is far too small.

Pros

Build Quality
Aesthetics
Ergonomical
The Use of Ultem for Amber Body
Performs Great
Very Good Battery Life
High Wattage
28mm Tanks Without Overhang
Good Battery Door
No Button or Battery Rattle
Colour Display
Very Nice Fire Button
Fires Instantly
Great Looking Clock
User Friendly Interface
Firmware Upgradable

Cons

Font Size Far Too Small
Wasted Screen Space
No Custom Curves

I would once again like to thank Lily Pan from the Healthcabin for supplying the Modefined Lyra 200W Mod from Lost Vape for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/lost-vape-mo...17366.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread