Low liquid consumption atomizer suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    $16.60 EMOW Styled Clearomizer + eVod Twist VV 1600mAh Battery Starter Kit - 1.8ml / 1.5ohm / 3.2-4.8V / silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I like the EMOW/Areotank. About the same capacity as a Nautilus mini however encased in metal and lots of high ohm coil options.

I think anyone would find that as you move away from the eGo type tanks the resistance for available coils are going to drop. This may be one of the lingering reasons that the Nautilus is/was so popular as it has 510 threads (came with beauty ring) and I recall 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils.

Again, to have over 2 ohm factory coils I think most (if not all) of the tank options are in the eGo mount/formfactor.

A 510 solution could be a Kayfun v5 with a user wound coil whatever resistance you want.

eddykoodoo

ECF Veteran
    Oct 28, 2016
    The mini Protank 2 is glass and uses the same coils as the original EVOD, but the EVOD gets better flavor with 95% of ejuices, sometimes not even similar (they may give the most flavor of anything that runs around 5 watts, and put most larger devices to shame). Also it's even longer! I use the PT2 for a fruity tank cracking type juice. The EVODs usually last a few months before leaking, but only cost $2 (generic). I use small VV stick batteries with them, which since I use it rarely goes 2 weeks between charges ;) .

The full size Protanks use a 510 thread, along with the Aspire Nautilus and mini, and GS Air, although those are closer to where you started.

I don't like the EVOD 2 and others of the Kanger dual coil series near as much. They use about twice the power as the single coils but yeah, they oddly don't make that much vapor. Part of that has to do with limited airflow but not all, it seems. This series has more glass, including the EVOD Glass. I despised the Aerotank however, tasted like metal.

So i don't understand you are saying EVOD even if is not pyrex glass is better than MINI PROTANK 2 and all the other options use the same single coils?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Everything to do with vaping is a matter of personal/individual preferences.

In several threads you have been given many good solid delivery device / tank recommendations that may suite what you have said you're looking for.
    No one can tell you what you will like best or what will work best for your personal preferences.
    We can make suggestions, you will have to experiment with meaning actually use a few of those devices recommended to find what works best for you. (just like we all have had to do)

Again, you need to do the research, you need to look them up, you will have to buy or borrow a few of the many previously suggested delivery devices and use them to find out if they will suite your individual preferences.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    ^^-- I ran 22 watts at 2.4 ohms once, which comes to about 7 volts. Almost every regulated mod on the market can do that too. (It was about 10 wraps on 1/8" of twisted #32.) Sometimes they do have a minimum power, e.g. 5 watts.

So i don't understand you are saying EVOD even if is not pyrex glass is better than MINI PROTANK 2 and all the other options use the same single coils?
    It has surprisingly more flavor, showing how much difference a few minor changes can cause. The mPT2 may be a tiny bit cleaner tasting, however. It also looks right with classy tasting juices. My first one lasted a couple years until I lost it recently.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread