M401/M402 PCC in Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpine77

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes, you read that right. The PCC for the M401 / M402 Electronic Cigarette is now in stock! These will go fast so get them while you can.

Below is the link directly to the page on the website. Grab some other accessories while you are at it and save 30% on them (does not include PCC). Use coupon code SAVE30.

Click here to get it now

Back ordering is available in case they sell out before you get one. More on the way soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kevin

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
How "smart" is this pcc?
Is it at all like the m702 pcc which will purportedly not overcharge the batteries? Does it require any finicky button pushing?
What are the specs on the pcc battery?

I know, so many questions... but I've been waiting to find a pcc to match an e-cig I like since I started vaping!

Alpine77

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apophis: thanks for the kind words. Greatly appreciated.

Raenon,

First, I have seen no literature about the M702 not overcharging the batteries. I am not saying it is not true, but I have received no literature from the manufacturer as to that statement. My understanding of the Smart PCC (m702) was that it is smart because it has the PCC Battery charge indicator bar. That was my understanding of what made it "Smart".

As far as the PCC that I am selling, I am not sure as to the rating on the battery (how much power it holds) but I do know that the output voltage is 4.2V, 150mA. I will ask the manufacturer for more specs. There is no button pushing, simply screw in the battery, the LED indicator light on the side of the case turns red to indicate charging, and then turns green to indicate that it is done charging. On the first go around, the charging took about 1 hour, 15 minutes for the LED indicator to turn green indicating full charge on the battery.

If you have further questions, please ask

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Couple more questions; will it take a 403 batt as well? A manual 401?
Looking at the pics I doubt it.

Looks like a 403 would disappear inside & the hole is too narrow to allow for the button on a manual. As it's been stated that you have to screw the battery in (unlike the Titan 510 PCC, where you judt drop it in & the lid holds it in) I doubt you could modify it to accept a manual. You'd be better going for the EM / InnoVapor versions for those models.

I could live without being able to get my manuals into a PCC if it was a smart one

Last edited:

Nunya32

Jun 13, 2009
Got one & it works pretty good. Out of the box into the charger took about 45 minutes for a full charge. That charged 2.5 automatic batts. Back in the charger, a little over 4 hours for a full charge. I'm charging my 2nd battery right now, got the 3rd waiting. Battery charge time is about 2 hours. That's ok, I get about 3 hours(normally) out of a 401 battery.
Once the battery is charged, the green led comes on briefly & then flashs green to red until you unscrew the battery. After about 2 hours, keep an eye on it. The flashes are slow & if you don't pay attention, you won't notice. If you want to leave the battery in that slot, just screw it out enough to shut off the led, no more, or the lid won't close.
Manual batteries, not without removing the button. It is possible that you could file a slot to make it work, but I'm not going to tear this up to find out. I just got it!:)
It holds 4 carts, 1 cart with atomizer, 1 battery in the charging slot & 1 battery behind that.
It's black plastic with a rubbery kind of feel to it. To open, the one I got, you have to put a thumb on both sides & push up. It has a locking clip on it.
Only problem I noticed was when the case battery runs out, if you are charging a battery, you won't know the case is out of gas. After 2.5 hours & it still hadn't finished the 3rd battery I unscrewed the battery & the led stayed red. I wish it would flash or something to let you know the case is empty. But, If I can get 3 batteries charged on one case charge, it won't matter. My work day takes 3 batteries & I use a passthrough at the house. I've got a 901, a 510, a 702, & a J118 PCC(or my manual 401 batts) I can use if I go anywhere else.
Overall, so far, I really like this. I'd like the case even if it didn't charge batteries!
One last thing, I took a whole 702 & it's too long to fit in the back battery slot & the battery would be to short for this to charge it. Had to dig it out with the atomzier.:D Only a small sliver of the 702 batt was showing. I think the 702 batt is about the same length as the M403? It's possible that the M402 battery would work, but I don't have one to try.
Kudos to Kevin @ Sharp Smoker for finding & stocking these. I know that another supplier is waiting on a 'smart' 401 PCC & I will get one of those also when it breaks. I like the way the 702 PCC works.
Hope this helped. If you've got a question, fire away.
SS...
PS. 2nd battery just finished & 3rd is now charging. I'll edit this later & post how many batts got charged this time. I know that the first charge on a PCC is normally not as good as the rest.

Pt. 2
Ok, an hour in to the 3rd battery charging, I unscrewed it & screwed it back in. No joy. Got 2.5 charges this time also. Now I'm going to see if it will charge a battery & the case at the same time.

Pt. 3
Yes, it will charge batteries while it is charging. I finished up battery # 3 & charged a 4th one while the PCC was charging. It took an extra hour to charge the PCC, but the batteries seemed to charge quicker.
SS...

Last edited:

Nunya32

Jun 13, 2009
So it only gives 2 & a bit charges out of each charge?

Also do you have to screw the battery in or does it just drop in to charge?

I figure 2.5 batteries per case charge. It takes around 2 hours per batt & the 3rd battery only takes an hour to finish charging after the PCC runs out of gas. What I've seen so far, the PCC charges batts for 5 hours and it takes 4 hours to charge the PCC.

You have to screw the battery in.

To me, the 401 battery is the longest lasting one of all the PVs I have. The 901 next. My 510 PCC may charge more batteries, but I am also having to charge batteries more often.
SS...

Alpine77

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry for the late reply guys, had an extremely busy last week. Anyway, the 403 batteries will not work with the PCC. They are too short and would disappear inside. You do have to screw the battery in also so that would be impossible to do of course if none of the battery is sticking out.

I will look into shipping to the UK and let you know about that in a day or two for those interested.

Also, I will be carrying the Smart M401/M402 PCC from Smoore when they finish production on that product which I am told will be before Christmas. That one will most likely have the same look and feel as the M702, whereas the PCC I have now is flat black with a rubberized feel that leaves no fingerprints.

So that is the tradeoff between the two - paint scheme, texture, and smart and not so smart (i.e. - the flat black one you have to unscrew when the battery is done charging or it will slowly drain the PCC battery as is the case with most other PCC cases).

Also, I asked the rep for more detailed info about the PCC battery and all I got in return was more pictures. Asked several times but she did not seem to understand what I was getting at.

Last edited:

myCelia

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Northern VA
It's a slick PCC. I like the inconspicuous, unbranded black finish with the rubberized texture (exactly like my iPhone's Incase Slider case). Not showing the charge on the PCC when it's unplugged isn't a problem for me. Like my iPhone, I simply charge it overnight, then I'm good to go for the whole day. Since I do this, I haven't tested how long the unit itself lasts before its battery dies, but I get all the charges I need throughout the day (@2-3 times). I'll probably get the M702 down the line (though I'm not crazy about its white finish) but for now, I'm very happy with this PCC, as well as, Sharp Smoker's fast delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread