The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Madvapes app

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by rege, Mar 5, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rege

rege Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    pa
    Are there any plans for a madvapes app for android?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

2. Zellgadiss

Zellgadiss Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Summerville, SC
    I was teaching myself how to make an android app a bit back but kinda hit writers block on ideas of what to make, maybe I'll pick learning how to make apks back up and ask Hoog if it's ok to do it. No promises (full time job + a 2 year old and twins on the way) but I might.

3. VapeBoss

VapeBoss Full Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Arizona
    They use 3dcart...3dcart api doesn't do much far as I can tell besides backend stuff IE information including billing/shipping info and order details...I'll take a look into it after I'm done with this website I'm working on...

You can also use www.madvapes.com/mobile

:)

4. MASTER0FDAMPF

MASTER0FDAMPF Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    vapeboss - 3d cart does not have any mobile API's. A direct DB connection through a WS over SSL would be required on the server...but there may be one built in. I do have limited documentation on the api WS that is built in but it does not spec out the limitations and as I said, it is incomplete.

This wouldn't be that difficult, but getting the schema for the DB and the connection would be the difficult bit here. SSL over wifi/3,4g would not be my preferred method, I would rather see an encrypted send to the WS with decryption on the WS side for the send/receive, especially if it allows ordering. Take out the ordering and I think building this to allow a user to create a wishlist or create the cart so that a secured browser could be used to place the order would be preferable.

Good idea, moderately difficulty to implement properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.