Maganus coils in Triton tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Govmnt_Lacky

May 23, 2015
So I gave in and got a top fill Triton 2 from aspire. Love the top fill option but, the 0.5 ohm coils mean that I cannot go above 45 Watts. I have some Maganus coils at 0.2 ohms that can go up to 150 watts but I typically like to vape them at 70 so....

Can anyone confirm to me that my Maganus coils would work in the Triton 2? Would LOVE to vape at 70 watts AND be able to top fill.

Govmnt_Lacky

May 23, 2015
Moot point now. Although I was thrilled with my Triton 2... it turned into a total let down!

Went to disassemble in order to clean it and POP.... the gasket on the chimney popped right off. Keep in mind I have had this for 2.5 weeks and this was the first time disassembling it. I went to put the gasket back on and it would not stay on. It was too big. I put it on the best I could and when I went to reassemble it, the gasket kept pinching and twisting around the chimney. I tried for 2 hours and got nowhere. The tank is all but useless now without it. I am currently seeing what the seller can do for me.

Also, the refill was great to start but, after about 1 week, the rotating lock to go between vape and fill became extremely hard to turn. It was a piece of cake out of the box but, after 1 week it needed quite a bit of force to turn.

Finally, the removable heat sink top for the top fill was practically impossible to remove and screw back in. I had to put some force on it to get it to unscrew and when I went to screw it back down, I had to lean on the tank to get enough force by hand to do it.

Sorry this has turned into a review but.... I am totally disappointed in this tank. I just hope the seller can refund. I would try a replacement but I am not confident in another one after so many problems with this one.

Sorry to hear of your issues. I own 4 - Aspire Atlantis IIs and 1 - Aspire Triton v1. I've never had any issues with any of them, vape them all day since September.

Gasket on the "chimney" ? Do you mean the drip tip? If you go to Aspire you can buy dozens of small parts for all Aspire products. I keep them on hand here but never have used any of them.

Andrew Rogers

Sep 28, 2015
Eugene, OR
So I gave in and got a top fill Triton 2 from aspire. Love the top fill option but, the 0.5 ohm coils mean that I cannot go above 45 Watts. I have some Maganus coils at 0.2 ohms that can go up to 150 watts but I typically like to vape them at 70 so....

Can anyone confirm to me that my Maganus coils would work in the Triton 2? Would LOVE to vape at 70 watts AND be able to top fill.

I just replaced my triton 2 (yesterday as a matter of fact) with a Horizon Arctic v8. It has the same top fill feature and the quad coils can push up to 150 watts or so. The Triton 2 was a decent tank but I like the Arctic much better. It's a cannon when it comes to vapor production and the top fill is actually easier to use than the Triton.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Wondering how the Maganus 0.2 would work in both Herakles and Atlantis V2? Upon closer look, these are not identical to the Freemax Starre or Starre Pro coils- those are 0.25 and have more reports of quality issues and burning from what I can tell, especially at 75w plus.

Herakles is nice with 0.6 though gets warm a little quickly. I can take or leave the Herk 0.2.

Atlantis V2 just has a muted, almost rubbery taste with the 0.3. Do I try something else, any brand, or just put it aside?

I am tempted, but Maganus coils are expensive, within a couple dollars of the much more elaborate TFV4 tri and quad coils. Not sure I'd try to get an RBA to fit any of these, but finding the best coil would be nice, especially for the Herakles, which I do like a lot.

And, since Andrew just picked up an Arctic V8, are the reports that it vapes hot and needs more airflow true, or just an initial online opinion that took on a life of its' own? I found the original Arctic coils were too easy to burn, wonder if the V8 with quad is different....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread