Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

Another Freemax product was sent to me for review, this time the Freemax MAXPOD, probably their most simplistic device released so far.

Freemax says they have been working 3 years to get their mesh technology applied to a pod system as such.

It is solely aimed for MTL and comes with two different MTL Mesh coils.

Thank you @Freemax_Jerry for sending me this kit.

Specifications:

In the Box:

1*Freemax Maxpod Battery
1*Freemax Maxpod Pod(Freemax NS Mesh Coil 1.0ohm Pre-installed)
1*Extra Freemax NS Mesh Coil 1.5ohm
1*Freemax Maxpod Lanyard
1*Freemax Maxpod Lanyard Ring
1*USB Cable
1*Warning Card
1*Warranty Card
1*User Manual

Thoughts and experience:

Packaging wise it would have been nice to see two pods so that both coils can be plugged in with different flavors at the same time.

First impression when I saw the pod is that it looks quite like the smok Novo, but in my opinion the MAXPOD looks nicer. With its fully metallic body it feels solid. Paint job is done very well, and I like the minimal glittering surface which is fitting with the pod. The pod is not extremely tiny, but it is a smaller style pod. If there is anything about the design I would have liked to see, it would be slightly rounder edges and the USB port on the bottom of the pod.

Love the lanyard that is included. I have been using it all the time when I was out of home. Such a simple solution with the rubber band going around the pod, wish more companies would do that.

There are no buttons, fill, charge and vape that’s all you get from this device. LED-light is large and bright enough to show you the battery level you are at. Draw-activation is very responsive, no need to drag hard.

Battery keeps up surprisingly well for 550 mAh, I am getting almost a full day out of once charge using this as my only device. Charging also only takes about 45 minutes so its not long at all.

2ML pods fall right into place and make a strong magnetic connection with the base of the device. When moving the pod around with your fingers it wiggles a tiny bit, but while vaping you don’t feel it is wiggling. Comfortable mouthpiece it is.

Fill port on the side is large enough, but while filling you need to do it slowly. Sometimes an air bubble on the other side of the pod is not allowing liquid to flow to the other side, moving the pod a bit solves that issue. Pods are a bit dark and while inserted into the device, you can’t really define the amount of liquid, only way to properly check is to pull out the pod.

[/url

[url=https://ibb.co/3s9kkMV]

Overall 2ML is enough for the coils available. Replacing a coil is simple with its push and pull system, just simply pull out the coil from the bottom of the top and push another one in. Have also not experienced any leaking issues with these pods.

The two mesh coils (1.0 and 1.5ohm) are both mesh, and you can taste they are. The flavor is good and above average for such type of device. I find the 1.0ohm performing better because of the higher wattage level and the warmer vape. The 1.5ohm is also good, but it just simply does not give a good of a throat hit as the 1.0 ohm. General performance of these coils is proper, and after a week of use the cotton looks still clean, even after using different type of juices. As far as I remember these are the first true MTL coils produced by Freemax, and I have to say that they beat a lot of its competitors on MTL coils, good job.

Airflow could have been tighter for me, but it is not very loose or so. It is somewhere between tight and semi-loose. You can decrease the airflow by holding your finger on one of the airflow inlets on the side of the device, in this way you are able to get a quite tight draw.

Conclusion:

This is the kind of reliable small pod that I take everywhere when out of home. The portability is great with the provided lanyard. Being fully charged in 45 minutes helps feeling confident taking it out for a longer day.

The first Freemax MTL mesh coils are really good providing a very nice draw and flavor. Overall, I am very happy to see Freemax develop with more different types of kits, this Maxpod, the Autopod, the Maxus 100W and 200W. They are not just focusing on pods and pod-mods this year, which is quite rare these days.

Price for this kit on the Freemax website is 30$; Maxpod Kit | Freemax - Taste the Clouds, Feel the Flavors!

Thank you,

Sjoerd[/url]

Reactions: Gurilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread