Status
Not open for further replies.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Northern Virginia
So I'm venturing into DIY, and I know that dripping is probably the most effective way to taste my juices.

But the problem is I can't drip.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have watched countless videos, read tutorials, etc etc. It just doesn't work for me. I get minimum vapor if any. I can barely taste the juice I'm using. I drip 3 drops into the atty, wait a minute or two and then vape. I have tried bridged attys (actually worked the best for me..still pretty horrid though), bridgeless "dripping" attys, and an HH.357. I am not getting the vapor production, TH, or flavor which people rave about. After I get fed up with it, I just go back to my trusty jtank and boge cartomizer and get great flavor and vapor.

So what am I doing wrong..?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
You should prime it before you vape to get the best results. Drip 6 drops into a fresh atty (or if it has just been cleaned. If you blow out all of the juice that's already in there then that's almost the same thing). Let it sit for 10 minutes. Afterwards you can vape. Just drip 3 drops every 5 hits or so. Don't forget to give it a rest for a few minutes before you drip into it after the 5 hits.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Best recipe for dripping (for me):

4ml 36mg 50/50 PG-VG nic juice
4ml VG
0.8 to 1ml single flavoring

Shake vigorously,put under hot water 1 minute,shake vigorously.

4 to 5 drops in a bridgeless atty on a KSD VV 900 mah battery,blue setting (any eGo type will do)

Nice flavor,tons of vapor,bliss.

Refill 2-3 drops at the sight of the 1st hint of burnt taste,rinse,repeat.

Cant fail.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I drip all the time (somehow that sounds bad).

My first thought is that the OP did not mention what resistance the atties are, or what voltage he is using them at. (put a 4ohm atty on an eGo bat, and I can promise you exactly what he is describing)
    Yes you need to prime a fresh atty, but that is no huge task. Just drip 4 or so drops, take one hit, and then drip and vape.

KeithB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Two things that cause the biggest problems when dripping are too much juice and not enough juice. With some atomizers it can be a very fine line. I still have one of my original atomizers that still "works" from over a year ago because I never had much luck with it; two drops wasn't enough and three was too many.

It's possible the resistance of your attys is too high for the voltage you're vaping at. Personally, I would not use below 2 ohms an an eGo atyle battery for fear of overheating the electronics but going right down to two ohm does give a decent vape for me.

Also, not all atomizers are created equal. Some just don't seem to work well no matter what you do. I'm surprised you haven't had any success with the HH 357; I've heard nothing but good things about them, except for the price (out of my range). Most atomizers need a break in period to reach their full potential. I am partial to the i06 from Ikenvape. It ships with no primer, holds a ton of juice and seems to be a little more forgiving that other atomizers I've tried. They do need their own special drip tip tho.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Two things that cause the biggest problems when dripping are too much juice and not enough juice. With some atomizers it can be a very fine line. I still have one of my original atomizers that still "works" from over a year ago because I never had much luck with it; two drops wasn't enough and three was too many.

It's possible the resistance of your attys is too high for the voltage you're vaping at. Personally, I would not use below 2 ohms an an eGo atyle battery for fear of overheating the electronics but going right down to two ohm does give a decent vape for me.

Also, not all atomizers are created equal. Some just don't seem to work well no matter what you do. I'm surprised you haven't had any success with the HH 357; I've heard nothing but good things about them, except for the price (out of my range). Most atomizers need a break in period to reach their full potential. I am partial to the i06 from Ikenvape. It ships with no primer, holds a ton of juice and seems to be a little more forgiving that other atomizers I've tried. They do need their own special drip tip tho.

Didn't know it was that fine of a line between too much juice and too little..

And for all of those wondering the restistance, I have a VV device and have tried a LR atty at 3.5-4.5 Volts, and a SR atty from 4.0-5.5 Volts.
    40/60 VG/PG

sanjosse

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I love dripping!

(man, that doesn't sound good)

Anyway, I drip using and low bridge 801HV from vaporkings @ 7.4v. There are a couple of reason I like the 801HV. 1. It has a long barrel that I drip approx. 7-9 drops down the inside of as I rotate it. Then I roll my SS Don between my hands a half-dozen times to distribute the juice evenly along the walls of the atty. I use 40/60 VG/PG, so it's kinda thick and helps it sticks. 2.) It give me a warm draw and tons of vapor. 3. With that many drops it'll last me about 15-20min of vaping. Less dripping, more vaping=happy camper!

Good Luck!

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Didn't know it was that fine of a line between too much juice and too little..

And for all of those wondering the restistance, I have a VV device and have tried a LR atty at 3.5-4.5 Volts, and a SR atty from 4.0-5.5 Volts.
    40/60 VG/PG

Now be careful with VV's like the L-Rider (aka Lavatube). It may say 4.0-5.5 volts, but be defaulting to 3.0 volts because of the Amp limiter.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Now be careful with VV's like the L-Rider (aka Lavatube). It may say 4.0-5.5 volts, but be defaulting to 3.0 volts because of the Amp limiter.
    The lt doesnt default back to 3 volts. If the voltage is set too high it will cap itself at the highest "safe" voltage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    The LT has a 2.5 amp limit and will consider anything over that a "short".

With an LR atty, you don't want to go over 3.5 ish volts anyway. I'm not referring to DC's here, of course, since you don't drip with those anyway. Assuming that your LR atty is 1.5 ohms.

LR atties are probably not the best to drip with (IMO) on vv but it should still be working. This makes no sense to me. Try another atty?

evilferret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    Flushing NY
    You could use a drip shield. I'm a horrible dripper but I love dripping.

Just throw on a drip shield. Blow the extra juice into the drip shield and vape. Gets too wet, blow back into the drip shield.

Or a bottom feeder.

Or an UltraMax with Res. Love the Res hate the switch on the UltraMax. Its a drip shield on steroids.

What's your gear? Something sounds off, maybe you're flooding your atties?

Sounds like either not enough juice or too much. 3 drips shouldn't flood.

Have you tried blowing out the atty than vaping or testing it on another PV?

Could just be bad atties. I get a few every restock order.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread