Measuring the ohm using a multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Find it odd, but my ohm meter cannot use some of the thread in certain atty and sadly RM2 is one of them. I am going sub-ohm and I need a correct reading. Just to check, how do u measure the ohm? Is it at the 2 post or elsewhere? Just want to sure I am reading it correctly before I fire up the Reo.

Last edited:

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Just be safe and read more before going sub ohm. That's my best advice for a self proclaimed noob. A multimeter with one lead on each post will give you your ohm's. But to reiterate in you don't know how to use a multimeter to check your work maybe you should wait before going sub ohm and read read read.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Raynman is right on the money.
Because your probably going to do it anyways I offer this advice. Check your ohm reading at the center pin and at the threading of your 510 connection. Place your cap on the atomizer, this checks for possible shorts within your atomizer.
Check it twice.

The JohnG

Cool, thanks JohnG. I was also thinking if I should do that after finishing the assembly. Great help.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
whatever box ohm meter you are using that canont fit the RM2 i find that getting the 510 adapter found on the reo mods website helps in making those connections more true....

but measuring in the center post and outer part of the atty should give you an accurate measurement.......then like stated above once you screw it on the mod then measure at the posts just to make sure.......

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
also remember that when you use a multi meter for checking ohms, especially low ohms, the reading you'll get are not true.
the meters leads have a resistance, and the meter will read that with the actual resistance for trying to find of your coil.

some measure the meters leads resistance first, then meter the coil, then subtract the meter leads resistance to get the true resistance of your coil.

with this being said, many meters cannot give a reading at the ohms we are using on these mods anyway. so, it is best to buy a ohm checker and use that, plus are they a great platform for building coils on.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Find it odd, but my ohm meter cannot use some of the thread in certain atty and sadly RM2 is one of them. I am going sub-ohm and I need a correct reading. Just to check, how do u measure the ohm? Is it at the 2 post or elsewhere? Just want to sure I am reading it correctly before I fire up the Reo.
Sounds like your talking about an atty meter that has 510 connection on it. If so, it must be an issue with the center pin on the meter. You could open it up and try to push the center pin higher, I have one this would work on the other is covered in glue and would not work, If slotted do not twist the pin from on top as there is a wire soldered to it.

for a regular meter positive lead on the bottom center pin connection and negative anywhere on the body of the RM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread