Mech mod not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all I'm newer to rdas and mech mods but have been vaping for a while and building coils for my pro tanks long enough to get em perfect...

My buddy gave me the mod in the pic below, I bought some vtc4's and a patriot clone rda and got to work... My favorite coil setup is quad 5 wrap 28ga coils at between .4-5 ohms (my multimeter won't give the hundredths place). It all worked great for 3-4 weeks now my mech mod is sucking bad.

With good batteries, new coils etc it doesn't fire right. Sometimes I get a full power hit, sometimes you can't hear anything and then when you fire it without the rda cap on it barely barely steams. My connections to the coil seem tight, mod is screwed tight enough to make good connection and I cleaned the connections on the mod that touch the battery with an eraser in case they were dirty, which they weren't....

I'm pretty handy when it comes to electrical systems, but new to the diy world... I know it's a cheap mod but I'm not really interested in the fancy expensive stuff, especially when my 8$ patriot clone and free mech mod where doing great for me until recently-

What else can I check to fix this problem? Sometimes it also seems like you have to press the button at an angle to fire properly, and sometimes the button heats up. Not enough to burn you but not sure if that's normal or indicative of a short

Here's the pics, tell me what's wrong!
2de759387406db9660c1555cfeb21da9.jpg
3031ffbe217e95bc1263059850d2bfd2.jpg
85b912b616095991abeac4a8fa0e84f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
A toothbrush and some non-abrasive toothpaste and some hot water will clean the threads without damaging them.
I am not familiar with your mod, so I would suggest you carry it to your locale vape shop and get them to show you how to disassemble your switch and clean it. The heating up of the switch means it has resistance between the contact points in it and it needs a good cleaning.

The extra resistance explained what I forgot to mention ... I was going thru 3 fully charged 18650's a day for the last week! ( and vaping less than I normally do due to a course I'm in)

I cleaned it with brasso, rubbing alcohol, an AP brush and some qtips and it hits like a charm!

Thanks for the quick help guys ! Saved me some frustration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread